ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Request for more info from Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mysteron69
Newly Registered

URGENT: Request for more info from Sheffield

Post by mysteron69 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:42 am

Having applied for the flr(m) visa back in June - switching from a fiancee visa - we received a letter on Fri asking for further evidence of cohabitation.

My wife arrived in April (on her fiancee visa). After we got married we applied for the flr(m). At the time we couldn't provide anything in joint names or in her own with this address as she'd only been in the country a few weeks. We explained this in the application. All other evidence was provided.

Since then the only thing with joint names is the council tax bill, which we can send to the Home Office. Our utilities are in joint names but these accounts are online and bills are only available as downloads. If I ask for copies they won't be sent in time - the Home Office has given us a deadline of 16th Aug to provide everything or they will refuse the visa. My wife's mobile phone bill - which is a contract not PAYG so she passed a credit check - is also only available as a download.

We intend to submit a covering letter with the council tax bill explaining all of this but think this will not be enough. My wife's current visa runs out at the end of Aug. What will happen if they refuse her new one?

In all other respects we meet the requirements with flying colours. They approved the fiancee visa so I am puzzled as to why switching to a spouse is so problematic.

We are in despair. Please advise.

rivercam

Re: URGENT: Request for more info from Sheffield

Post by rivercam » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:03 am

Hi

I've submitted the color printout of online utility bills and got approved at in person appointment, even my tenanacy agreement is digital document and no questions asked.

May be senior members can correct but I haven't seen this requirement for cohabitation evidence and I guess that's for financial evidence.

As long as your evidence is original you should be okay for online printouts of utility bills.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks. Ours is a postal application. In hindsight we should have gone for a premium service so we could explain things properly - and quickly - if there were any questions. I think we have a difficult person dealing with our application. I'll wait for a few more responses. Cheers.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:31 am

Send whatever you have prior to the deadline.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks! That has made me feel somewhat better.
vinny wrote:Send whatever you have prior to the deadline.