ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/PR for my non EEA Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

solex
Newly Registered

ILR/PR for my non EEA Spouse

Post by solex » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,

I am a Spanish citizen & my wife is from Pakistan. We have been living together for well over 5 years and been married for 4 years and 5 months. We applied for my wife's EEA dependant residence permit when we got married and she was given a 5 years permit. I have a couple of queries if someone could please help me out with those queries.

1. Could my wife now apply for a PR/ILR as we have been living together for well over 5 years (8 months of which as unmarried partners & the rest as Married couples), we also have a son, who has a British passport as I had applied and was granted a PR in December 2006, as I had been in the UK for well over 8 years.

2. My wife has been involved in a drink driving incident and because the reading wasn't too high she was fined £160 + £50 costs, along with a 12 months ban (reduced to 9 months as she attended the rehab course). She was convicted back in November 2006. Would this conviction affect her application for PR/ILR?

Apologies for such a lengthy message but I had to ensure that I explain myself and cover everything.

Many thanks in advance,
Z