ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - advise needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sdean
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension - advise needed

Post by sdean » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 am

Hi to all
I am writing on behalf of my fiancee.

She obtained her 2 year HSMP Visa on the 01.10.2006 and entered the UK on the 01.11.2006 i.e. a month later.
She remained economically inactive until;
She got a full time one year probational contract starting on the 10th of Sep 2007 as a civil servant, with the possibility of it becoming a permanent job.
The annual Salary is 30,500 Pounds.
She was over 35 at time of entry.
She does have MA from a British University.
It is worth noting that she has been doing another work from home as a researcher but had not received any income for it yet.

Her Visa is valid until the first of october 2008.

Under the new system, which she was utterly unaware of, will not be able to gather 75 points, or would she? and I just have miscalculated everything (I came up with 70 points)

Would she be able to extend her HSMP visa or simply will lose it? Can her employer intervene? and if yes, how?

Thanks for any assistance that you might provide

sdean

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:15 am

Will she earn £1500 from the home based job by the time she is ready to apply for extension? Is she able to do paid overtime to make up the £1500 to earn her 5 more points for previous earnings. If her employer is sympathetic and wants to help, a pay rise or bonus would help. Otherwise she may have to go down the route of asking the employer to apply for a work permit for her.

One other option is to start looking for a better paying job now.
'In everything give thanks'

sdean
Newly Registered

Post by sdean » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:13 am

OFCHARITY thanks for your swift reply.

The other job owes her the sum of 5500 USD but they are not in a rush to pay it!!

Concerning the employer, it is one of the British Ministries. I have no clue how sympathetic they are, neither does she.

I am aware that I have not asked real questions in my post, but we are quite worried since we are to be married in Feb and then I will be applying for joining her on a visa as her dependent...
On a different note, would the upcoming march regulations affect dependents of HSMP holders?

Thanks for your patience

Spear

Post by Spear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:41 am

She needs a salary of £32,000 per anum to get the additional 5 points for extension. So she is short by £1500.00. Which is not a lot relatively. I suggest she gets a part time job to make up the difference. The job does not have to be skilled and it is a small sarifice for ten months or so in light of the reward.
Government Ministries would most likely not help with work permits so I suggest you do not depend on it for the transitional arrangements.
The other option is to get a better paying job - which sometimes is not that easy.

Summary of updates in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:45 am

Even overtime pay can be taken into account if it is taxed and mentioned in pay slip

If the employer is co-operative she can ask for overtime job stating this

£1500 is not a big amount , many employers will co-operate

sdean
Newly Registered

Post by sdean » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi to all and thanks for your kind replies.
Would a payment that she receive for a market research of a certain product, that to be conducted for an investor, be taken
into consideration ? And how she might demonstrate that?

thanks

sdean

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:53 pm

Hiya,

Depends on when you intend to apply. If she starts a contract from September, she will not be in a position to demonstrate a minimum salary requirement of £ 32,000 until say Jan-end or Feb-end. Please note that the HO is planning to change the HSMP qualification criteria in the near future... infact, if you noticed from some of the posts, the air is pregnant with the change and we expect it to happen anytime.

Cheers.

sdean
Newly Registered

Post by sdean » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:38 pm

gorajim thanks for your reply.
I have not understood neither your answer nor the time layout of events you have presented. Could you please elaborate a bit more. And what change are you referring to? and is it, in anyway, in her favor?
Sorry for the ignorance I am demonstrating but the sheer amount of info presented here is dazzling and confusing to me.

thanks in advance

sdean

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:44 pm

sdean wrote:Would a payment that she receive for a market research of a certain product, that to be conducted for an investor, be taken
into consideration ? And how she might demonstrate that?
sdean
Has she paid tax on this amount?, did she invoice the company for this amount, did they pay her by cheque or direct to her bank account?. She should read through the guidance notes to see what sort of evidence is acceptable and consider registering her 'on the side' jobs with the tax authorities so she can get the necessary proof of earnings, remember that the Home office are always keen to ensure you have paid the required taxes on earnings before they will consider it.
'In everything give thanks'