ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting Before BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thestas
Newly Registered

Starting Before BRP

Post by thestas » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi All,

I am a Canadian National, I received approval for my new Tier 2 visa last week via the same day premium service to start work for a new employer and I am waiting on my BRP to arrive, but I am suppose to start work tomorrow. Will this be a problem? I have the letter from the home office that it is all approved and the CoS indicates a starting date as the 8/8/2016.

Please if someone could help me that would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Stas

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Starting Before BRP

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 am

Not a problem as long as your employer is happy with the documentation you provide. They would need to be shown the original HO approval letter which they will copy and file as evidence that a right to work check has been carried out. As soon as you receive your BRP the same process should be repeated.

thestas
Newly Registered

Re: Starting Before BRP

Post by thestas » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:33 pm

This was not a problem still waiting for my BRP but everything has worked out well. Thanks again guys!