ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents Visa extensions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Dependents Visa extensions

Post by vinodhk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi,

I am holding british passport and self employed with limited company, below are the past and current immigration history for my wife and daughter.

Previous Visa:( for wife)
-----------------
Visa Start: 12/11/2010
Visa End: 26/03/2013
Entry : 03/09/2011
Exit: 8/2/2012

Current Visa: (for wife and daughter)
---------------
Visa Start: 12/11/2013
Visa End: 12/08/2016
Entry: 22/01/2014

Could you please clarify the below questions?

- When I enquired with one of the solicitor, he recommended not to go for ILR in 5 year route as there was a break between two visas, instead go for extension (FLR(M)) for both my wife and daughter. Can you please confim on the same?
- If I have to go for extension,
a) how much maintenance money I need to keep in bank account and for how long before applying for extension please?
b) What is the income requirement, documents for evidence, how many months please?
c) Any absences limit please?
- Is there any other way for applying british passport for my daughter at this stage please?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Vinodh.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependents Visa extensions

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:09 pm

What is the current visa called, is it a spouse/child settlement visa or are they PBS Dependents?

What is the reason for the gap in their visas?

What is the visa called they they originally came to the UK on in 2011?

What is the visa applied for wife and child in 2013?

Are you British born or naturalised and if naturalised, through what route did you get ILR and when did you get it?

It appears your child was born abroad, were you British then or not?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:45 pm

What is the current visa called, is it a spouse/child settlement visa or are they PBS Dependents? - It is spouse/child settlement visa

What is the reason for the gap in their visas? - Daughter born in India (July 2012) and had few issues in the initial months

What is the visa called they they originally came to the UK on in 2011? - It was Tier1 (General) Partner for my wife

What is the visa applied for wife and child in 2013? - It was spouse/settlment visa

Are you British born or naturalised and if naturalised, through what route did you get ILR and when did you get it? - Naturalised and got the ILR on May 2012 through Tier 1 General route

It appears your child was born abroad, were you British then or not? - No. I was in ILR when she born in July 2012

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:46 pm

@CR001: Many thanks for quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:01 pm

vinodhk wrote:What is the current visa called, is it a spouse/child settlement visa or are they PBS Dependents? - It is spouse/child settlement visa
They are on a 5 year route to ILR as were granted Entry Clearnace for 33 months. They will both need to apply for an extension on FLR(M) and pay the immigration health surcharge in addition to the visa application fees.
What is the reason for the gap in their visas? - Daughter born in India (July 2012) and had few issues in the initial months

What is the visa called they they originally came to the UK on in 2011? - It was Tier1 (General) Partner for my wife
As this expired while she was abroad and she applied for a new entry clearance, she is on a new 5 year route to ILR

It appears your child was born abroad, were you British then or not? - No. I was in ILR when she born in July 2012 Only a British citizen can apply for a British passport. Your child is NOT British as child was born abroad and you were not British at that time. Had your child been born in the UK in July 2012 after you got ILR, the child would have been automatically British and you could have applied for a passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Many thanks for clarifying. Also can you please clarify the below on FLR(M)?

- how much maintenance money I need to keep in bank account and for how long before applying for extension please? (Hope it is not too late for starting the maintenance window)
- What is the income requirement, documents for evidence, how many months please?
- Any absences limit please?
- Also how much is this one please "the immigration health surcharge in addition to the visa application fees"? where this is mentioned?

Thanks,
Vinodh.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:39 pm

vinodhk wrote:Many thanks for clarifying. Also can you please clarify the below on FLR(M)?

- how much maintenance money I need to keep in bank account and for how long before applying for extension please? (Hope it is not too late for starting the maintenance window) There is no maintenance requirement for FLR(M). 'Maintenance fund' is only relevant to PBS category visas.

- What is the income requirement, documents for evidence, how many months please? You have to prove you earn a minimum of £22,400pa and HO will want to see proof of your income and your bank statements.

- Any absences limit please? No, there isn't an absence limit but absences should be limited and for good reason, i.e. spouse should not be living in home country and only visiting the UK for a couple of months per year to keep 'residence'.

- Also how much is this one please "the immigration health surcharge in addition to the visa application fees"? where this is mentioned? It came into effect in April 2015 for all applications. You have to pay it before you can submit the FLR(M) applications. It is £500 per applicant so for wife and child it is an extra £1000 PLUS the visa fee which is £1622 (spouse and child) for a postal application. It is more if you apply in person. See Immigration Health Surcharge (click)

Thanks,
Vinodh.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your detailed and fast response. Apologies for late response as I had to fly to India urgently. I will check and come back for any queries. On the other note, I want to apply for visit visa for my parents as well for first time. Can you please guide me if there is any maintenance funds requirement and financial requirement? Hope it is ok to raise this query in this same thread or Please let me know if I have to create new thread.

Thanks again.

Regards
Vinodh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Please post the visitor visa queries in the General sub forum, link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... ion-forum/

They are two different sets of rules and the topic will just become confusing if you keep the two separate visa issues in one thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Sure. Will do. Many thanks.

Thanks,
Vinodh.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 am

Hi,

Can you please help on the below in relation to the above case?

Just noticed my daughters passport (Indian) is expiring on 10/03/2018.

Existing visa details:
Start: 12/11/2013
End: 12/08/2016
Total period: 2 years and 8 months
Entry: 22/01/2014

So if I go for another extension and if they try to give 2 years 2 months to make 5 years that would be 12/10/2018 but her passport is expiring before that.

So I am wondering if I have to go for visa extension with the current passport or do passport renewal now and then apply for visa extension. Could you please guide on this?

Thanks,
Vinodh.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 am

Passport is fine for extension. The new visa extension will not be put in the passport, they will receive a BRP card.

You will need to renew passport for ILR though. Passport only needs to be valid at the time of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:57 am

@CR001: Many thanks for your quick clarification.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi,

I have booked for premium appointment at croydon next Wednesday for my wife and daughter Flr m extensions. Could you please clarify in the below?
- is it last 12 months payslips and bank statements for both of us please?
- I have printed the statements in online. Is that suffice or need a bank seal?
- do we need another set (payslips and statements) for my daughter application?
- can I leave the card details in the first page as blank as I have paid already?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Vinodh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:24 pm

If you work for an employer, you need 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements. If you are self employed, there is more that you require. If your spouse works and meets the income requirement, she can use her income/bank statements/payslips.
Online bank statements are only accepted if they have been stamped and verified by the bank
As your daughter is included on the form as the dependent with her mother as main applicant, no you do not need two sets of documents.
- can I leave the card details in the first page as blank as I have paid already?
Leave it blank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:30 pm

vinodhk wrote:Hi,

I have booked for premium appointment at croydon next Wednesday for my wife and daughter Flr m extensions. Could you please clarify in the below?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Vinodh
Self employed is a complicated category. There are many different options/ requirements. Please read from page 57:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your quick response. I am self-employed (director) since April 2013 and my Wife is an employee of my limited company since April 2014. I am planning to combine both of our salaries and dividends in last 12 months period to meet financial requirements. Could you please confirm if that is ok? If so is it last 12 months payslips and statements I need to submit?

Thanks,
Vinodh.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 am

Also could anyone please let me know what other documents needs to be produced (e.g company tax return etc) as financial proof?

Many thanks,
Vinodh.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:15 am

Many thanks for your quick response. I am self-employed (director) since April 2013 and my Wife is an employee of my limited company since April 2014. I am planning to combine both of our salaries and dividends in last 12 months period to meet financial requirements. Could you please confirm if that is ok? If so is it last 12 months payslips and statements I need to submit?

Thanks,
Vinodh.

You REALLY need to read the link I gave before. This is a complicated category.

There are A LOT of documents required (in addition to bank statements etc...). You are paying a hell of a lot of money to go into this application blindly and without checking through the docs required by the HO yourself!

The good news is that it looks like your wife's income can probably be combined under Category A and yours under category F or G.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:42 am

Hi,

I have gone through the document and thought I can show income under category F (where her last 12 months total income salary and dividends is 29454.92) and my total income is 32350.04). Not sure if I can use catagory A as she is self employed in my limited company. Could you please confirm if I understood that correctly?

I understand I am raising this very late. Apologies for that as i had to undergo some drastic personal issues. It will be really helpful if you can advise here.

Thanks,
Vinodh.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:51 am

I have gone through the document and thought I can show income under category F (where her last 12 months total income salary and dividends is 29454.92) and my total income is 32350.04). Not sure if I can use catagory A as she is self employed in my limited company. Could you please confirm if I understood that correctly?

I understand I am raising this very late. Apologies for that as i had to undergo some drastic personal issues. It will be really helpful if you can advise here.

Thanks,
Vinodh.
Is that after all business expenses? (mobile phone, fuel etc...) You must use category f or g if there are fewer than 5 shareholders. Honestly, READ THE LINK!!!!

You need evidence from the last full financial year apparently (April 2015-April 2016). I do not know if your business year is different how that would impact...

Print screens are not working and reformatting a copy/paste is really a headache, especially for a list this long. The required docs are on pages 64 and 65 of the link I already provided.

vinodhk
United Kingdom

Post by vinodhk » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:35 am

Hi,

Yes it is after all the expenses paid. Only share holders in the company.

I have my last CT600 form covering 01/05/2014 - 30/04/2015. For YE 30/04/2016, CT600 is not yet produced, so I am planning to prepare all the below as financial requirements.

No Document Mandatory (M) / Optional (O)
1 last 12 months payslips M
2 last 12 months TSB bank statements M
3 payslips for 01/05/2014-30/04/2015 M
4 TSB statements for 01/05/2014-30/04/2015 M
5 Maintenance Letter from TSB M
6 Dividends Vouchers for 01/08/2015-30/07/2016 M
7 Dividends Vouchers for 01/05/2014-30/04/2015 M
8 CT return for 01/05/2014-30/04/2015 M
9 CT return for last-1 financial year O
10 Company Reg certificate M
11 Accounts for last financial year M
12 Accounts for last-1 financial year O