ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR fp home office appointment before decision.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaronzidane
Newly Registered

FLR fp home office appointment before decision.

Post by aaronzidane » Thu May 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi dear members,

I am a silent reader for the immigration boards for quite a long now I am in need of help and advise as I am really stressed and confused about home office calling me to attend appointment for the service of decision.

I came to UK in feb 2007 as a student and was student untill i got PSW and then I switch again to student visa which was expiring Aug 2016, but college got revoked and I have to apply for flr(o) with my wife I varied the application to Flr Fp in January 2016. we done the biometrics and was waiting for home office decision, I got the letter from home office which says they considered my application and require me to attend their office at lunar house croydon for the service of their decision in a week time.

I did the Flr fp through solicitor on family and private life basis and have two kids aged between 6mnths to 2.5 years with no passports. my solicitor didn't give me any information about why I am invited for the appointment or whether I will get detained or what is the appointment is for neither the home office letter.

it doesn't say interview on the letter and I am having sleepless nights by the thoughts of getting detained and sent back, i am here in the UK for 9 years and 4 months and have no social and cultural contacts left from back home. Members and moderators Casa, Amber, vinny, Obie Please Advice me on my case I am really stressed and restless, I will be really thankful for your thoughts and views.

many thanks

mackk
Newly Registered

Re: FLR fp home office appointment before decision.

Post by mackk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:51 am

aaronzidane wrote:Hi dear members,

I am a silent reader for the immigration boards for quite a long now I am in need of help and advise as I am really stressed and confused about home office calling me to attend appointment for the service of decision.

I came to UK in feb 2007 as a student and was student untill i got PSW and then I switch again to student visa which was expiring Aug 2016, but college got revoked and I have to apply for flr(o) with my wife I varied the application to Flr Fp in January 2016. we done the biometrics and was waiting for home office decision, I got the letter from home office which says they considered my application and require me to attend their office at lunar house croydon for the service of their decision in a week time.

I did the Flr fp through solicitor on family and private life basis and have two kids aged between 6mnths to 2.5 years with no passports. my solicitor didn't give me any information about why I am invited for the appointment or whether I will get detained or what is the appointment is for neither the home office letter.

it doesn't say interview on the letter and I am having sleepless nights by the thoughts of getting detained and sent back, i am here in the UK for 9 years and 4 months and have no social and cultural contacts left from back home. Members and moderators Casa, Amber, vinny, Obie Please Advice me on my case I am really stressed and restless, I will be really thankful for your thoughts and views.

many thanks

hello

Any updates on your case? I have recvd a same letter asking me to attend their office for the decision.
What do i expect from them?

thanks

mairyk10
United Kingdom

Post by mairyk10 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:56 am

hi mack

what is your immigration history if you dont mind sharing it with us??
thanks

Postman_2016
Pakistan

Post by Postman_2016 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Hello Guys,

Please can you update on this matter. What should i expect? i received the similar letter.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 pm

aaronzidane only posted once on May 26th and hasn't been seen on the forum since then.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Postman_2016
Pakistan

Post by Postman_2016 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:47 pm

mackk aslo received the similar letter, hope he replies!

Jez32
Newly Registered

Post by Jez32 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello Everyone!

I applied for FLR-M last September and did my biometrics the same month. I have also received letter from home office asking me to attend in a week's time to home office for service of their decision. Anybody has a clue what could this be?!

Many thanks.

Postman_2016
Pakistan

Post by Postman_2016 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:53 am

Jez32 wrote:Hello Everyone!

I applied for FLR-M last September and did my biometrics the same month. I have also received letter from home office asking me to attend in a week's time to home office for service of their decision. Anybody has a clue what could this be?!

Many thanks.
Hi,

I faced the similar situation in August this year- my solicitor advised me not to attend the appointment and he wrote to HO asking for the reason as decision should be served upon legal representative.

Received no response for several weeks- sent an email again and received refusal letter around end of september but letter was dated around mid July. My application was refused and no appeal rights were given.

I believe HO wanted me to serve refusal in person and wanted to detain me as there were no appeal rights to my refusal.

solely based on my experience, i can assume you application might have been rejected without appeal rights. I'll suggest you to seek advice from your solicitor before you attend the appointment.

Jez32
Newly Registered

Post by Jez32 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks for your response. This has given me an insight. However, I am still going for the appointment as I have not revoke the letter I have replied to home office. I will update if I am still in this country.

Postman_2016
Pakistan

Post by Postman_2016 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Jez32 wrote:Thanks for your response. This has given me an insight. However, I am still going for the appointment as I have not revoke the letter I have replied to home office. I will update if I am still in this country.
Hi Jez,

I had sent the reply to HO as well but later my solicitor sent email to email addresses of the case worker provided in the letter informing them about our change of plan and asking them to serve decision through post to legal rep.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:12 am

Unfortunately such letters are sent out to get applicants detained and refusal letter issued right there. After detaining applicant, they will then fax a copy of refusal to solicitor (if any)

I have been through this and it's not a suiting experience.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

Jez32
Newly Registered

Post by Jez32 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 am

Were you detained? And for how long? My solicitor however seng a letter to the case worker stating that if result of decision is refused without appeal, they expect not to detain me as we are going to file for judicial review. Will that help in my appointment tomorrow and you think they will still detain me?

akmal55
Newly Registered

Post by akmal55 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Jez32 wrote:Were you detained? And for how long? My solicitor however seng a letter to the case worker stating that if result of decision is refused without appeal, they expect not to detain me as we are going to file for judicial review. Will that help in my appointment tomorrow and you think they will still detain me?

good luck to you, hoping everything go well. i got the same latter today not sure what should i do. hope to hear from you after you attend the appointment.

Jez32
Newly Registered

Post by Jez32 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi! I didn't go in the end. I changed solicitor and told them I can't come because I got ill. My husband and legal rep went in home office to collect the decision letter but they refused to give it to my legal rep. Home office wanted me to come in person and solicitor questioned this asking where is the law that stating it must be collected in person. In the end, they said they wanted to interview me and that solicitor can come but is not allowed to intervene in the interview process. Again, this was raised by my solicitor as they did not mention in the letter that I was to be interviewed. My solicitor is going to file a complaint to home office. Awaiting for response from them. I don't know about you but it might be just a cases to case basis.

Chez123
Newly Registered

Post by Chez123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi everyone, this might not be reSpondon to any one directly but I thought I should share my experience as it might be of help to someone new that might need this info as I did on 24th of Jan 2017. I received same letter from home office for service of decision and I panicked like you would imagine and I started looking for info bit didn't get it. So after my experience I decide to share on here. Service of decision is a new pilot scheme the home office is introducing to everyone irrespective of the out come of your application. I did not attend my appoint as it was for the 25th of January when I only received the letter on 25th. I wrote to home office regarding this time scale that I couldn't make it so instead my brp was sent to me through postal service. My case was indefinite leave to remain SET (LR) 10 years route. So if anyone get similar letter do not panick. It's not an interview or to detain you or anything like that. At least for the main time but. If you look at the letter properly it will indicate that your application has been considered already so it's basically a self collection service. ...

forestj3720
Newly Registered

Post by forestj3720 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:53 am

Hi Chez123,

Im in exact same situation as yours. I also receive a letter from HO on 25th of Jan and couldnt attend it.
My lawyer sent an email to HO but I only received my documents and passport only. No further letter or email has been sent to me since. Could you tell me the email address you sent an email when you sent to HO when you are not attending an appointment? Is it same address written in the letter you received?

Jingls21
Newly Registered

Post by Jingls21 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Jez32 wrote:Hi! I didn't go in the end. I changed solicitor and told them I can't come because I got ill. My husband and legal rep went in home office to collect the decision letter but they refused to give it to my legal rep. Home office wanted me to come in person and solicitor questioned this asking where is the law that stating it must be collected in person. In the end, they said they wanted to interview me and that solicitor can come but is not allowed to intervene in the interview process. Again, this was raised by my solicitor as they did not mention in the letter that I was to be interviewed. My solicitor is going to file a complaint to home office. Awaiting for response from them. I don't know about you but it might be just a cases to case basis.

Dear Members,

I have received the same letter, dated 24th of March. In this letter they have also invited me to come and collect the decision in person, this seemed a bit odd to my lawyers and they have advised me not to attend the appointment this Friday 7th of April. They have told me, that in their experience this looks like a refusal and they said that they might detain me with no right for appeal.

I have been in the UK since the age of 11 and now I am 22(23 this summer). I have been studying on a full time and completed the private educational route up until the Bachelor's degree and have decided to apply for an FLR (through the 10-year route) in the beginning of December 2016.

I have in that 10 year period, only flew back during some of the holidays and there were no major gaps apart from one 3-4 years ago which I have argued against and provided medical evidence stating the reason for my prolonged departure. Being here from such a young age and growing up in this country so to speak, made me more accustomed to the British traditions and their way of life. I barely have any connections left in my old country and can't really imagine what will I be doing in life if I would have to leave this country.

Well... Anyhow, lets get back to the topic.

So, I have after careful consideration, which included reading some post by fellow members in this web blog decided to attend this meeting. My question is to anyone who had experienced this procedure, what should I be expecting and what this procedure really is?

I would appreciate any information or advice as I am quite nervous and worried about Friday.

Thank you very much. :)