ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saka0910
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful Application

Post by saka0910 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

micz8 wrote:Hi all,

As I need to gather evidence and need some time. The deadline to reply HO is tomorrow.

Is it OK if I send a letter today to HO requesting some more time ? Is it normal ?

I am afraid if I send letter requesting more time they might will refuse my application without granting more time.

Please advise
Explaining everything and requesting more time is the only option now! (in my opinion). There is a chance of getting more time. If you don't reply its going to get rejected anyway.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:11 pm

My concern for you is not just Citizenship, but your ILR.

If what UKVI are seeking to suggest is correct, they will assert that you have not only been living here unlawfully, but you sought leave to remain by deception, as you Entry Clearance was obtained on the basis that you are overseas, when in actual fact you were in the UK.

Furthermore, they will suggest, that at the time Entry Clearance was obtained, If they were aware that you were in the UK and overstayed, they would have rejected Entry Clearance.

You must thread extremely carefully on this. A reply must be provided, as failure to do so, may lead them to draw inference, which may not be favorable to you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:18 pm

micz8 wrote:Hi all,

As I need to gather evidence and need some time. The deadline to reply HO is tomorrow.

Is it OK if I send a letter today to HO requesting some more time ? Is it normal ?

I am afraid if I send letter requesting more time they might will refuse my application without granting more time.

Please advise
You need to reply within the timeframe given by the HO, otherwise as suggested it'll in all likelihood be a straight forward refusal & possibly worse based on Obie's observation below. If requesting additional time, I would suggest writing a cohesive clearly structured letter explaining what information & evidence you have and what aspects you require additional time to gather evidence for. Do act swiftIy in gathering the necessary evidence to support your case.

Reading the latest information provided, it's really a very unfortunate set of circumstances to be in, and certainly not one I envisaged when first reading this topic. What Obie has highlighted isn't something that came to mind, but certainly something you should think of when drafting your response to the HO with your next steps as the ramifications of your past could be far reaching.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Oh, what a tangled web we weave:
When first we practise to deceive!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:38 pm

... at least 'uncle' made a few G on the side.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:57 pm

We must err on the side of caution.

It may well be the case , that UKVI are wrong and OP is an innocent person who has done nothing wrong.

I must make clear that a person who is outside the UK is not subject to immigration control.

A person who work for a UK company whiles they are overseas, don't need immigration permission to do so as the Secretary of State has no jurisdiction over such person.

So we need to be cautious on OP's case and keep an open mind.

No need to draw premature inferences.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi ,

In my opinion , consult a good lawyer and don't go without him . What i am seeing a strong case build up against you and HO can even deport you while cancelling your ILR as it seems like a very big deception . I can see further in my opinion your family member will end up with heavy fines .

To narrate in simple words: Your NI is being used to pay some person X while you have left UK for good . Your point here is to prove that i have nothing to do with it but this will be a direct hit to your family member and he will end up in fines /court case . If you don't put any thing in front of UKVI , they will reject your AN application plus they will come after your ILR

My suggestion : seek professional help here ....

Good luck mate!
Thanks

Ali