ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) or DLR - ILR LR Refused UTT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oroborpat007

FLR(FP) or DLR - ILR LR Refused UTT

Post by oroborpat007 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:32 am

Hi All

Please help me with the following query, I will try to make it brief and easy to read.

Below is an argument that will be in my statement please tell me if it is legally right:

“I think I qualify under 276ADE (1) (vi) because there would be very significant obstacles to my integration into my home country if I would be required to leave the UK in the same way as in paragraph 71 and 72 of this UT case law; https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 14008-2013
‘71. If I am wrong in concluding that the Immigration Rules introduced on 9th July 2012 should not be considered, my finding would be that the Appellant could not succeed under paragraph 276ADE(vi) which was in force at the date of refusal which provided that the Appellant would have to prove she had no ties to Russia. I would have found that the appeal could not succeed on that basis, as the Appellant had lived in Russia for the greater part of her life, and was 21 years of age when she left and was educated to degree level in Russia, and speaks Russian’.
‘72. If I had considered paragraph 276ADE(vi) as at the date of hearing, which provides that she would be entitled to succeed if there would be very significant obstacles to her integration into Russia I would have found in her favour. This is because I believe that there would be very significant obstacles if the Appellant had to return to Russia. She has no friends and no family. She has no employment and no accommodation. She has no work experience in Russia. On that basis I would have allowed her appeal’.
Like in the case above I have no friends and no family in my home country. I have no employment, no accommodation and no work experience in my home country.

I attached some evidence to prove it is difficult to get employment in my home country.

I think my argument above is proportionate because I was born in the UK (after 1983) and I have strong ties in the UK; siblings, uncles, aunties, nieces and nephew all British like in the case law above. After we were born I and my siblings spent some time in the UK as children then we went to complete primary school in our home country, they came back to the UK in their secondary school years but I was the only one who stayed on to complete secondary school in my home country… About 12 years ago I came to study in the UK and I have been here with my mum, brother and sister (all my family) and I have always actively tried to regularise my stay. My argument is also proportionate because my refusal of 2006 (which caused the break) was caused by a sham school and an error of law on the part of the HO at that time a fact which the Judge also accepts partially in his decision and reasons.”

Moderators please tell me if my argument is legally right or viable. Thank you.

oroborpat007

Re: ILR (10yr) UT appeal case

Post by oroborpat007 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Please anyone tell me if my argument is legally right or viable. Thank you.

Christine09
Newly Registered

Post by Christine09 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi do you have any update on this case?
I was hoping to reference this case in my application too, not sure to use it in the initial application or during appeal if the case is being turned down.

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi, I lost the appeal. They said that the case law was 'unreported'/'unpublished' and thus cannot be used as a case law in court but you might be able to use it in your initial application, ask a lawyer to be sure.

Take time to prepare for the application very well see a lawyer and get a Subject Access Request (SAR) if you can. If you do not succeed in your application ask a lawyer to help you with a reconsideration. If that fails then you have to go to court First tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal.

If you want help regarding a case, see a professional lawyer and if you do not win the case make an FLR(FP) application (AKA Discretionary) within 28 days of losing the case, it cost a total of £1149 i.e; £500 for 'Immigration Health Surcharge' plus £649 for postal application. It might be possible for you to make an FLR(FP) application after 28 days but ask your lawyer to be sure.

Nota Bene; Note that doing Judicial Review after losing an Upper Tribunal case does not give you 3c leave i.e you become an overstayer when the Upper Tribunal denies or dismisses your case.

Nota Bene; Still see a professional lawyer before making the FLR(FP) application.

Christine09
Newly Registered

Post by Christine09 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that didn't go well. Hopefully more luck in your FLR(FP) application.

Apart from that case is unreported, what are the grounds do they say for refusing your case? (If you don't mind sharing)

Christine09
Newly Registered

Post by Christine09 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Another thought, I heard something along the line like if you were born in the UK, you can choose to be British or "other nationality" upon turning 18.
Have you give up your british citizenship before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Christine09 wrote:Another thought, I heard something along the line like if you were born in the UK, you can choose to be British or "other nationality" upon turning 18.
Have you give up your british citizenship before?
What are you talking about? The OP has not said anywhere that he was UK born or British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:30 pm

oroborpat007 wrote: I think my argument above is proportionate because I was born in the UK (after 1983) and I have strong ties in the UK; siblings, uncles, aunties, nieces and nephew all British like in the case law above. After we were born I and my siblings spent some time in the UK as children then we went to complete primary school in our home country, they came back to the UK in their secondary school years but I was the only one who stayed on to complete secondary school in my home country… About 12 years ago I came to study in the UK and I have been here with my mum, brother and sister (all my family) and I have always actively tried to regularise my stay. My argument is also proportionate because my refusal of 2006 (which caused the break) was caused by a sham school and an error of law on the part of the HO at that time a fact which the Judge also accepts partially in his decision and reasons.”
UK born, but probably not automatically British if neither parents were settled nor British at time of birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:06 am

@CR001 I said I was born in the UK in my first comment, no problem- we all miss some details.
@Christine09 apart from that case being unreported, it was difficult to prove I will have significant obstacles (276ADE1(vi)) in my home country because even if you have no one in your home country the court will insist you do not meet 276ADE1(vi) except there is like war there.

Regarding my place of birth; If you were born in the UK after 1983 and you did not stay full 10 years after your birth, you cannot choose to be a British citizen: https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... after-1983
You lived in the UK until you were 10
You can register to become a British citizen if you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 and neither of your parents was a British citizen or settled at that time.
As I said in my first comment my parents took us (me/my siblings) to home country when I was a young child.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:20 pm

vinny wrote:
oroborpat007 wrote: I think my argument above is proportionate because I was born in the UK (after 1983) and I have strong ties in the UK; siblings, uncles, aunties, nieces and nephew all British like in the case law above. After we were born I and my siblings spent some time in the UK as children then we went to complete primary school in our home country, they came back to the UK in their secondary school years but I was the only one who stayed on to complete secondary school in my home country… About 12 years ago I came to study in the UK and I have been here with my mum, brother and sister (all my family) and I have always actively tried to regularise my stay. My argument is also proportionate because my refusal of 2006 (which caused the break) was caused by a sham school and an error of law on the part of the HO at that time a fact which the Judge also accepts partially in his decision and reasons.”
UK born, but probably not automatically British if neither parents were settled nor British at time of birth.
Missed that, thanks Vinny. Think I need to cut down on the coffee :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oroborpat007

FLR(FP) or DLR?

Post by oroborpat007 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:21 am

Hi all, thank you all for this helpful forum that has solved immigration problems for a lot of people,

I applied for 10 year ILR in 2014 but was refused because I had a gap in 2008. I did an appeal but lost in F-tT and UT. I made an FLR(FP) application within 28 days of loosing my appeal. The FLR(FP) application was made based upon the grounds of private life.

I heard private life applies only to those who have been here over 20 years or under 20 years but have strong family ties here like me, (my family all live in the UK and I and my siblings were born in the UK) or will have significant problems if they went back to their home country.

Now (2 months after the FLR(FP) application) I am having second thoughts, I suspect a DLR application might have been better since I have not been here for 20 years. The HO can use their discretion whilst making a DLR decision but I am not sure FLR(FP) allows for discretion.

Section 2, Page 11 of the FLR(FP) form seems to hint at the possibility of discretion
If you are applying for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your family and/or private life and you know you do not meet the requirements of the above categories, but would like to apply anyway, tick the box most closely relating to your circumstances and ensure you complete Section 11.
Section 11 allows you add information that could be considered as compassionate circumstances.

Please tell me, Should I vary my application to DLR? Will DLR be a better application form for me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) or DLR - ILR LR Refused UTT

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:35 am

I have merged your topics so that anyone who wishes to comment/advise can understand your full history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks CR001 but I would have liked my last post to stand alone because there is a brief history in it which makes it self explanatory and also if someone wants to reply it they will not have had to read several other unrelated post before doing so.

Please can anyone answer my last post? CR001 please can you answer my last post in a sentence or two.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:37 pm

The forum rules are clear, posts regarding the same application should be posted in one topic.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Thanks CR001.

Hi all,

Just to clarify, when I said DLR in the post before my last post I meant FLR(DL). Please someone answer the post before my last post.

uk71
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uk71 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:21 am

@Christine09 apart from that case being unreported, it was difficult to prove I will have significant obstacles (276ADE1(vi)) in my home country because even if you have no one in your home country the court will insist you do not meet 276ADE1(vi) except there is like war there.

If i understand that you have used the (276ADE1(vi)) and you couldn't prove that you will have significant obstacles.
Now my question is how you will when you apply flr(fp) ? Where this application is based on the 276ADE.

Please note this is not an advice as im in bit of same situation

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 am

@uk71, thank you for your question. I can apply for FLR(FP) on the grounds of 276ADE(vi) even after loosing at an appeal because the Home Office does not work the same way the courts do. The courts consider cases only with the law, on the other hand the Home Office can use their discretion in an FLR(FP) application, that is why many people call FLR(FP) applications; 'discretionary'.

It says so in the FLR(FP) form itself in section 2, page 11- hinting at the possibility of discretion;
If you are applying for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your family and/or private life and you know you do not meet the requirements of the above categories, but would like to apply anyway, tick the box most closely relating to your circumstances and ensure you complete Section 11.
Section 11 allows you add information that could be considered as compassionate circumstances outside the rules.

I think I meet 276ADE(vi) but even if I don't, the FLR(FP) application should allow my compassionate circumstances to be considered.

uk71
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uk71 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:16 am

Any update/news oroborpat007 ?

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:46 pm

uk71 wrote:Any update/news oroborpat007 ?
Sorry for the late reply. If we chat here the administrators might lock this thread. When I get a decision I will update this thread as well as the new Flr(FP); Flr(O) & DLR - TIMELINES ONLY (click).

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Update; I was refused on the 2nd of August 2016. Reasons; 276ADE...

uk71
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uk71 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm

On what they refuse you . I know you updated the reason 276de . Was it because you haven't spent 20 years ??

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:33 am

I did not want to answer this question because it is clear why they refused me; the rules not what is right. In my first tread of this post I said;
My argument is also proportionate because my refusal of 2006 (which caused the break) was caused by a sham school and an error of law on the part of the HO at that time
I was telling the truth. I also explained that to the Home Office, they did not care, they only care about their rules, I have even seen a case law in which a student's date of starting a course was changed because her school changed the start date of her course. Even though it was her schools fault she was still refused. I think if you stopped an atomic bomb and had to break traffic rules to do it you will still be prosecuted by law enforcement... We do not need human beings to enforce the law robots will do it just fine.

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:28 pm

I want to apologise for the tone of my last message, I was not myself when I posted it. I like and respect the Home Office and I also understand to some extent the complexities of immigration rules; no country can operate without regulating their immigration moreover at the moment they are following EU rules.

Again I like and respect the UKVI (Home Office) and they are professionals - well qualified to do what they are doing.

As for me I am trying to sort out my immigration problems, I heard there are ways to do it though very difficult but I am doing my best.

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 am

Please can anyone help me with this question; when someone is told to start reporting, how long does it take nowadays before he is detained or removed.

I am asking because I have started going for reporting and I want to know how long I have before I either leave voluntarily or make an application; FLR(HRO) which I learnt is the most discretionary of all applications.

If I leave I will hopefully continue doing fine arts (hyper-realism) to apply one year later (after one year ban) as an exceptional promise or talent applicant which I suspect I will get...

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am

Have u got a pending application?