ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After PR please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GEGE_OO

After PR please help

Post by GEGE_OO » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:02 pm

hi guys,
I need some help here please, Me a(non eu ) and EU wife got PR today. We sent her tax papers since 2010 to 2015. She is working as full time teacher during 2015/2016 till now and I need to know

1) Can we apply for British Passport now as we sent 2010-2015 papers for our PR

2) My wife is a teacher got master degree in the UK does she need English test and does she need life in the UK test ? She is French

3) I have passed Life in the UK test and I have NAric Verified Bachelor degree ( it was master in my country)
do I have to do English Language test ?
Please help as I have already spent thoushands of pounds on solicitors and don want to waste my fees on
Passports.
Best regards

noajthan

Re: After PR please help

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:11 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:hi guys,
I need some help here please, Me a(non eu ) and EU wife got PR today. We sent her tax papers since 2010 to 2015. She is working as full time teacher during 2015/2016 till now and I need to know

1) Can we apply for British Passport now as we sent 2010-2015 papers for our PR

2) My wife is a teacher got master degree in the UK does she need English test and does she need life in the UK test ? She is French

3) I have passed Life in the UK test and I have NAric Verified Bachelor degree ( it was master in my country)
do I have to do English Language test ?
Please help as I have already spent thoushands of pounds on solicitors and don want to waste my fees on
Passports.
Best regards
1) No, not passports.
Apply for privilege of citizenship first.
Then passport.

2) No.
Yes to LITUK.

3) Think so but rules changed recently. Check forum FAQs.

You appear to be well educated, you should not need a lawyer unless time-poor or extremely disorganised and unmethodical.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:18 pm

thanks noajthan,
I am eduacated but got no experience and thanks for sharing yours with me. Is it like I book EN with a council after passing English Language Test and then pay the fees?
Should I give them all of my wife documents since 2010-2015, which I gave to the Home Office again to show that my PR was due on 2015 and I have spent one more year on top of it in the UK ?
Ofocuse my wife has to pass her life in the UK test
Kind regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:thanks noajthan,
I am eduacated but got no experience and thanks for sharing yours with me. Is it like I book EN with a council after passing English Language Test and then pay the fees?
Should I give them all of my wife documents since 2010-2015, which I gave to the Home Office again to show that my PR was due on 2015 and I have spent one more year on top of it in the UK ?
Ofocuse my wife has to pass her life in the UK test
Kind regards
Not sure what you mean by book EN...

Have you reviewed naturalisation form and guidance booklets?
They are quite comprehensive.

Once requirements are all met and evidence collated, fill the forms (1 each).

Apply via NCS for a final level of sanity-checking.

Once successfully naturalised, the icing on the cake is passports; by a final, separate application process.

GEGE_OO

Naturalization please help

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi guys,
Me and my wife got PR on the basis of an EU excercising treaty rights.I have few questions please help me out

1) We sent documents from March 2010 to March 2015. I am sure we can apply for naturalization and passport together as one year is already completed. ( A Peer on this forum noajthan confirmed that to me )

2) For ten years work history, I am not working right now what should I write my employment status ? Also during 2007 I was unemployed for almost one year but never took benefits.

3) Home office sent a letter to my employer not to employ me as I didnt apply for my PR, while the fact was I was seriously sick. I was fully paid during sickness, but after that letter I was fired. I proved many proofs to home office in my PR and got permission to work and then PR. It is the reason I am not working should I mention that in my application?

4) Is it compulsory to send my PR ( Bio-metric) with my application

Best regards
Last edited by GEGE_OO on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Re: Naturalization please help

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Posts merged.

No need for multiple posts!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:34 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:Hi guys,
Me and my wife got PR on the basis of an EU excercising treaty rights.I have few questions please help me out

1) We sent documents from March 2010 to March 2015. I am sure we can apply for naturalization and passport together as one year is already completed. ( A Peer on this forum noajthan confirmed that to me )

2) For ten years work history, I am not working right now what should I write my employment status ? Also during 2007 I was unemployed for almost one year but never took benefits.

3) Home office sent a letter to my employer not to employ me as I didnt apply for my PR, while the fact was I was seriously sick. I was fully during sickness paid, but after that letter I was fired. I proved many proofs to home office in my PR and got permission to work and then PR. It is the reason I am not working should I mention that in my application?

4) Is it compulsory to send my PR ( Bio-metric) with my application

Best regards
1) Yes, rules are clear under s 6(1) of BNA.
Freedom from immigration time restrictions for 12 months.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2016.pdf

2) Unemployed / not employed.

3) No need.
This is not a visa. Economic activity is not a requirement for the privilege of citizenship.

4) Yes.

:idea: And keep copies of all evidence and form you submit.
:idea: And apply via NCS - who can also crosscheck date that HO have recorded in CID (HO databank) for your acquisition of PR.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:38 pm

thanks,
you are a great help, believe I will keep annoying you.

GEGE_OO

Was I overstayer before my PR for naturalization

Post by GEGE_OO » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:13 pm

hi,
Recently I got my PR (EU family member), but first application was rejected with permission to stay in the Uk The story goes like I had a very serious accident in 2014 in which I lost sight from one of my eye and went under depression. I could not fill EEA4 application form properly and got a rejection with no need to leave UK.
I couldn't reapply for more than a year due to sickness and Home Office sent a letter to my employer not to hire me anymore. I was not working but was paid and then got fired.
I had to apply through a solicitor and got my PR. We explained all the situation why I couldn't get the PR at first and we got PR on year 2010-2015.
Now I don't know if HO took me as illegal during my sickness, as I said my rejection letter said I dont need to leave the UK.
PR granted ----March 2010- March 2015 basis
Fired due HO letter-----2015 September

please help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Posts merged.

noajthan

Re: Was I overstayer before my PR for naturalization

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:28 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:hi,
Recently I got my PR (EU family member), but first application was rejected with permission to stay in the Uk The story goes like I had a very serious accident in 2014 in which I lost sight from one of my eye and went under depression. I could not fill EEA4 application form properly and got a rejection with no need to leave UK.
I couldn't reapply for more than a year due to sickness and Home Office sent a letter to my employer not to hire me anymore. I was not working but was paid and then got fired.
I had to apply through a solicitor and got my PR. We explained all the situation why I couldn't get the PR at first and we got PR on year 2010-2015.
Now I don't know if HO took me as illegal during my sickness, as I said my rejection letter said I dont need to leave the UK.
PR granted ----March 2010- March 2015 basis
Fired due HO letter-----2015 September

please help
Union citizens and family members on EU migration trajectory do not have or require UK Regs leave to remain in UK;
so they cannot be 'overstayers'.

See also:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14238.html

As you are non EEA your economic activity in UK is immaterial;
you cannot exercise treaty rights even before acquiring the holy grail of PR.

Your rights stem from whatever your sponsor was doing at the challenging time in question (2014);
in fact that is the case for all of your time in UK until you acquired PR..

GEGE_OO

Re: Was I overstayer before my PR for naturalization

Post by GEGE_OO » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 pm

noajthan wrote:
GEGE_OO wrote: Union citizens and family members on EU migration trajectory do not have or require UK Regs leave to remain in UK;
so they cannot be 'overstayers'.

See also:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14238.html
Thanks
Your are always a great help to me, although you keep merging my posts which is a pain ( just joking ).
Can you please tell if one AN form is enough for both passport and naturalization ? Or I have to fill two forms one for naturalization and one for passport please ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Its Board rules, Board policy.
And the questions are related and depend on your history.
50 questions from someone in 50 scattered topics won't fly.

Ofcourse all members are special but without your history readily to hand in same post how could I (or anyone) help you.

AN form is to apply for privilege of citizenship, not for a passport. (You aren't British yet).

Passport depends on successful naturalisation as passports are only granted as a privilege for citizens.
So 2 separate applications unless you go for JCAP via NCS.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:46 pm

noajthan wrote:Its Board rules, Board policy.
And the questions are related and depend on your history.
50 questions from someone in 50 scattered topics won't fly.

Ofcourse all members are special but without your history readily to hand in same post how could I (or anyone) help you.

AN form is to apply for privilege of citizenship, not for a passport. (You aren't British yet).

Passport depends on successful naturalisation as passports are only granted as a privilege for citizens.
So 2 separate applications unless you go for JCAP via NCS.
I want to go to council to make a joint passport and naturalization application. So AN form is enough. I have no idea what is JCAP via NCS.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:51 pm

NCS is the council.
JCAP is the joint application. But afaik 2 forms, processed one after another.

AN can't be enough. It has no passport related questions & etc.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:01 pm

noajthan wrote:NCS is the council.

Can you please give me the link to application forms I need for JCAP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:15 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:

There isn't a 'special' form for JCAP, it is the same forms you would use without JCAP. You need form AN (link below) and the passport form which you can pick up at the Post Office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
GEGE_OO wrote:

There isn't a 'special' form for JCAP, it is the same forms you would use without JCAP. You need form AN (link below) and the passport form which you can pick up at the Post Office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf
Thanks for your help, I am now filling AN form and it says on
Question 7.5 Where I have provided a photocopy of my spouse’s or civil partner’s passport, I
confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that
original document.
I have got my PR on EEA4 basis do I have to enclose a copy of my wife's passport ? Her passport has expired this month and she is visiting her country. So right now I don have a copy of her new passport. We both got PR after sending her old passport, which was valid that time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:52 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:Thanks for your help, I am now filling AN form and it says on
Question 7.5 ...

I have got my PR on EEA4 basis do I have to enclose a copy of my wife's passport ? Her passport has expired this month and she is visiting her country. So right now I don have a copy of her new passport. We both got PR after sending her old passport, which was valid that time.
Spouse passport (copy) is only required if you are applying as the spouse of a BC.

If wife is not BC (and I don't think you have said she is) then you are not applying under section 6(2) of BNA;
don't worry about it and don't include copy.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:23 pm

noajthan wrote:
GEGE_OO wrote:Thanks for your help, I am now filling AN form and it says on
Question 7.5 ...

Spouse passport (copy) is only required if you are applying as the spouse of a BC.

If wife is not BC (and I don't think you have said she is) then you are not applying under section 6(2) of BNA;
don't worry about it and don't include copy.
Thanks for your reply, you are a great help as always. No she is a French natioanal, can you please also tell me if I can go back to my country after applying. As the application takes too much time, I have ticked that I would need my Bio-PR back.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:34 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:Thanks for your reply, you are a great help as always. No she is a French natioanal, can you please also tell me if I can go back to my country after applying. As the application takes too much time, I have ticked that I would need my Bio-PR back.
Apply via NCS and keep original documents.

You can travel after enrolling biometrics. (Yes, HO want to cross-check that its still you :wink: ).
Make sure someone is monitoring your post (mail) in case of subsequent HO queries.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 pm

hi,
Thanks for your reply, I have enrolled my bio-metric during EEA4 PR do I have to enrol again ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have enrolled my bio-metric during EEA4 PR do I have to enrol again ?
Yes. PR processes are nothing to do with naturalisation.

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:06 pm

noajthan wrote:
Yes. PR processes are nothing to do with naturalisation.
hi
Thank you all for your help specially Noajthan, I have applied through NCS for my naturalization. But after the application I realized that I have some default of around 4000 pounds, which I was paying off till I was employed.
I stopped paying after losing job and I think I will restart paying it off weather I get the job or not.But the issue is CCJs to which I said No in the application.
Now I checked with Experien after registering that I have no CCJs but default. DO you think I answered the question right on my AN application ?
I was paying my debts back through loan management company till I was employed, should I have to be worried and should I start paying it back regardless I got the job ?
thanks