ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAT ISSUES - Please help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hulkboy1379

VAT ISSUES - Please help

Post by hulkboy1379 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Dear Gurus

Kindly please help me on the below issue.

Is it Mandatory we keep VAT returns and VAT payments receipts while extending 50k (PSW route)

Reason:

2015 - I dont have any sales so I kepy my returns as zero (It is fine)
2016 - I have sales but I am unable file my returns due to an error with VAT system, today I received a letter stating that I need to file all my returns for 2016 after 30 september 2016 but I am planning to apply for extension in the first week of September.

Many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VAT ISSUES - Please help

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:41 pm

This is not an immigration related question. Ask these questions on a business/accounting forum. This is governed by the business law not immigration law :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hulkboy1379

Post by hulkboy1379 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 pm

zimba88 wrote:This is not an immigration related question. Ask these questions on a business/accounting forum. This is governed by the business law not immigration law :?
Hi Zimba

Thanks for coming back to me, my question is regarding Immigration only.

I can see in everyones checklist that they are sending their VAT returns and payments to UKVI while extension, I am just trying to find out whether I need to send my VAT returns and payments to UKVI while extension

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:28 pm

hulkboy1379 wrote:Dear Gurus

Kindly please help me on the below issue.

Is it Mandatory we keep VAT returns and VAT payments receipts while extending 50k (PSW route)

Reason:

2015 - I dont have any sales so I kepy my returns as zero (It is fine)
2016 - I have sales but I am unable file my returns due to an error with VAT system, today I received a letter stating that I need to file all my returns for 2016 after 30 september 2016 but I am planning to apply for extension in the first week of September.

Many thanks in advance

Not all businesses are VAT Registered, so not an issue.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:04 pm

hulkboy1379 wrote: Hi Zimba

I can see in everyones checklist that they are sending their VAT returns and payments to UKVI while extension, I am just trying to find out whether I need to send my VAT returns and payments to UKVI while extension
There is NO such requirement in the rules. Others are doing it on their own. I regularly hear from people moaning about their rejection because HO did not accept their alternative evidence. Please do not assume that you have to provide things that are not required from you, simply focus on sending the exact documents they need
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hulkboy1379

Post by hulkboy1379 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:07 pm

zimba88 wrote:
hulkboy1379 wrote: Hi Zimba

There is NO such requirement in the rules. Others are doing it on their own. I regularly hear from people moaning about their rejection because HO did not accept their alternative evidence. Please do not assume that you have to provide things that are not required from you, simply focus on sending the exact documents they need
Thanks a lot Zimba, relief again