ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to register BC FOR my little baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Talenths84
Newly Registered

How to register BC FOR my little baby

Post by Talenths84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:19 am

Baby Borned in UK on August 2015. Before ME AND MY WIFE got the ILR. I have just got the ILR this week.i am thinking applying BC for MY daughter under the section 1 (3).
Only one thing I am not sure about is since my daughter was Borned ,we didn't apply any visa or passport for her. Does that means she is a stateless person .In the guideline it says :

1.9 Enter the child’s present nationality. If an application is being made on the basis that the child is stateless (i.e. he or she does not have the nationality of any country), an application should be made on form S2 or S3.

I am panic now .Thanks for all advices .

vinny

Re: How to register BC FOR my little baby

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:27 am

Baby may inherit nationalities of parents. Lack of passport doesn't necessarily mean statelessness.

Regardless, Registration under 1(3) should be okay, as baby's nationality or lack of nationality, etc., doesn't seem relevant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Talenths84
Newly Registered

Re: How to register BC FOR my little baby

Post by Talenths84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:30 am

vinny wrote:Baby may inherit nationalities of parents. Lack of passport doesn't necessarily mean statelessness.

Regardless, Registration under 1(3) should be okay, as baby's nationality or lack of nationality, etc., doesn't seem relevant.
Thanks vinny for the reply :) that is a relief

Talenths84
Newly Registered

Register BC for little baby,help please!!

Post by Talenths84 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:40 am

Baby was Borned before I granted ILR ,so I am trying to register BC for her now,and I have booked NCS on Monday next week.My question is my wife is an overstayer,do I have to summit her passport to home office?
Thanks a lot !!!!

noajthan

Re: Register BC for little baby,help please!!

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 am

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.