ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship queries...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_boy

Citizenship queries...

Post by uk_boy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi Gurus,

Am planning to submit (My/Wife) british citizenship application (along with passport) next week at the NCS office. Kindly help with the below queries:

For knowledge of language requirement:

Query-1)I got my ILR last year in August 2015. Can I select the option below, or do I still need to send my PBS Printouts and 'University Letter' about degree taught in english.

'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013'

Query-2) Am the director of a limited company, so under Tax-Reference field do I need to provide the UTR(10 digit unique reference number) number or the reference number shown on my P60 (Format: XXX / KAXXXXX)

Query-3) One of the referee(Police Officer) I have known him for the last 2.10 years, can I put his name as the first referee, or it should strictly be 3 years or more. Will it be a problem if i put his name as a referee1.

Query-4) Five years back I was contracting thorugh an umbrealla compnay, and it has now closed. Should i mention this under my employmennt history and should i mention if its closed down.

Query-5) Also, I got my employment history from HMRC, is it advisable to attach it along with the application.

Query-6) Am applying along with my wife, will it be one applicaiton for both of us, or separate application for each person.

Thanks for all your help in advance:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship queries...

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Query-1)I got my ILR last year in August 2015. Can I select the option below, or do I still need to send my PBS Printouts and 'University Letter' about degree taught in english.

'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013'
Yes, you can tick this.
Query-2) Am the director of a limited company, so under Tax-Reference field do I need to provide the UTR(10 digit unique reference number) number or the reference number shown on my P60 (Format: XXX / KAXXXXX)
Are you a director and an employee?
Query-3) One of the referee(Police Officer) I have known him for the last 2.10 years, can I put his name as the first referee, or it should strictly be 3 years or more. Will it be a problem if i put his name as a referee1.
Referees must have known you for 3 years.
Query-4) Five years back I was contracting thorugh an umbrealla compnay, and it has now closed. Should i mention this under my employmennt history and should i mention if its closed down.
You need to list ALL your employment as the form requires, regardless if a company has closed. They check with HMRC.
Query-5) Also, I got my employment history from HMRC, is it advisable to attach it along with the application.
Not necessary but you can if you wish.
Query-6) Am applying along with my wife, will it be one applicaiton for both of us, or separate application for each person.
EACH person applying has to complete a form and meet ALL the requirements. Assuming your wife has 5 years residence, including 1 year ILR and that you and her were both physically present in the UK on the exact same date in 2011 to that of your NCS appointment?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Dear CR001,

Thanks for your quick response
Yes, both a director and an employee.
EACH person applying has to complete a form and meet ALL the requirements. Assuming your wife has 5 years residence, including 1 year ILR and that you and her were both physically present in the UK on the exact same date in 2011 to that of your NCS appointment?
I have been in the UK since 2010, however my wife entered the UK on November 2011, but then she qualified for 3 years period, and not 5 years period. Please correct me if am wrong. So, can she apply along with me.

Also, Can my Accountant act as Referee 1?

Please advise Guru CR001

Regards..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:25 pm

uk_boy wrote:Dear CR001,

Thanks for your quick response
Yes, both a director and an employee. Of the same company or self employed (part time) and employed by another employer?
I have been in the UK since 2010, however my wife entered the UK on November 2011, but then she qualified for 3 years period, and not 5 years period. Please correct me if am wrong. So, can she apply along with me. She doesn't yet qualify for citizenship, so no, she cannot apply with you. She can only apply based on 3 years residence spouse of BC once you are approved and have received your citizenship certificate. If she applies fon the basis of 5 years residence, she can only apply in November on the corresponding date of when she first entered the UK, she has to have a full 5 years residence.

Also, Can my Accountant act as Referee 1? Yes, should be fine as long as he is registered with the relevant professional statutory body.

Please advise Guru CR001

Regards..
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response:
Yes, both a director and an employee. Of the same company or self employed (part time) and employed by another employer?
Both director and employee of my limited company (same company).
Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants.
As am a director of a limited company so no need to send any Tax Related document, or I should send 'Comapny Account' statement/Self Assessment statement.

Please advise...!!!

Regards...

uk_boy

Post by uk_boy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi CR001,

Waiting on your response...or if any other Guru can help, would be great...!!!

Query - 3)As am a director of a limited company so no need to send any Tax Related document, or I should send 'Comapny Account' statement/Self Assessment statement.

Thanks for all ur help in Advance..

Regards...

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:47 pm

uk_boy wrote:Hi CR001,

Waiting on your response...or if any other Guru can help, would be great...!!!

Query - 3)As am a director of a limited company so no need to send any Tax Related document, or I should send 'Comapny Account' statement/Self Assessment statement.

Thanks for all ur help in Advance..

Regards...
Hi uk_boy,
I am in the same boat. Did you find out which reference number to use and what documents to send with your application. Please share if you figured it out.
Thanks.