ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for family AN and MN1 - need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tan777

Applying for family AN and MN1 - need help

Post by tan777 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Experts,
I got naturalised last week, and applied for passport yesterday , thus sending my original BC certificate with application. Unfortunately I totally missed that I have an appointment with NCS on 22nd August to submit AN and MN1 for my spouse & children. My wife meets both 3 year (married to BC) and 5 year criteria. Wanted to use former, but I don't have original BC certificate and unlikely to get it back in time for 22nd August. Options I have are,
1)I postpone their application date to give time for my BC certificate to return
or
2)I apply with 5 year criteria for my wife - if I do, will I have to provide any residence proofs for my wife (I remember I didn't submit any for my AN application)
or
3) Take copy of my BC certificate with Post office check & send receipt to NCS and apply with 3 year option

Any views on what will be best course for me please?

noajthan

Re: Applying for family AN and MN1 - need help

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:52 pm

If on UK migration path with ILR the residence proof for wife is wife's passport.

You may still have to prove you are British for child's application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.