ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa communication evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nidu19
Newly Registered

Spouse visa communication evidence

Post by nidu19 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:56 pm

Hi there,

I am looking to apply for a spouse visa within the next 2 months and i am collating all the documents which i feel are necessary to show communication between me and my spouse. I have collected so far WhatsApp call logs from october 2015 till present, skype screen shots, lebara call history which i will be requesting WhatsApp chat screenshots, birthday card, eid cards and invoices for presents sent abroad, tickets for when i did visit my spouse after the wedding

I don't know if the list is extensive but i just wanted to know if anyone else has applied and received a successful decision and if so what sort of evidence was sent to show a subsisting relationship

Thank you

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa communication evidence

Post by Kiwelshi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:30 am

Hi nidu19,

I am applying next week for my spouse visa, we too were unsure as far as evidence goes so are submitting pretty much what you have but our chat history is going back 18 months to prove it's subsisting and also photo's together and also with my wife's family and friends. As they say, it is up to you to supply enough evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine. I have heard contrasting stories of too much info or not enough info but no defining "this is too much" or vice versa, most of the messages that we are sending show our love towards each other, a bit of our future plans, holidays etc - not every little conversation but enough to prove how committed we are. It is not needed but I have also had friends write supporting letters, they might not even get looked at but anything is better than nothing. I will let you know in due course how we get on.

nidu19
Newly Registered

Post by nidu19 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Thankss @Kiwelshi

Its something you dont want to get wrong cause i have heard this is a common ground for refusal but i hope we can all help each other with some advice so something positive can come out of this hopefully

Any help or advice is appreciated in regards to spouse visa evidence of communication :)

saim0204
Newly Registered

Post by saim0204 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 pm

I applied 3 weeks ago. I have been married 15 months so I covered the period from marriage until application.
5 months of Skype screenshots- not every conversation but enough to show we were regularly using it.
Then, my ticket and photographs from visiting my husband.
And then just 11 months of whatsapp call logs. I do regret not including screenshots of whatsapp conversations! There were just too many to cover for 11 months..but I've heard the more the better...
In addition I included screenshots from Facebook messages from random times throughout the 15 months and the bit on our timeline that says 'now married to..' :)

Fingers crossed!

nidu19
Newly Registered

Post by nidu19 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Thank youuu @saim0204

I am just slowly collecting my documents and any information would be helpful:)

Inshallah the decision will be in your favour and you will be reunited with your husband:)

I am also looking to apply using the priority service so any advise or experiences using this would also be helpful

Thank youu once again

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:43 am

Hi all,

Luckily I had evidence of my relationship with my husband from as far back as the year we met, so it might be helpful to include evidence that spans the full duration of your relationships. Failing that just explain you could only provide for as far back as you could find as you were not thinking about collating evidence earlier on in the relationship.