ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier 1 G or LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aig
Newly Registered

ILR - Tier 1 G or LR

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:37 am

I have applied Tier1 G ILR by post on start of April. I had some issue in my 10-11 return which has been corrected and paid before applying . Rest of the returns are fine. I have become eligible for 10 years LR on 1st August. My solicitor is advising me to vary my application from T1G to LR ASAP. Should I wait for decision or vary application before decision as early as possible.

Regards,

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR - Tier 1 G or LR

Post by poper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:15 am

Why does your solicitor want you to vary to LR?
I have read in previous posts that HO perform HMRC checks irrespective of ILR application category
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

aig
Newly Registered

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:29 am

Because he thinks there are less chances of deception on LR route as all amendments and taxes done before applying TiG ILR , in case got deception in TiG ILR than 10 years will be use less .

Seniors suggest please as its not easy decision to vary application with one dependant applicant

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:39 am

Poper is correct the HO make the same stringent cross-checks with HMRC for LR applications as they do for the 5 year ILR route. If the application fails for one due to tax discrepancies, it will fail on the other. A simple search on the forum will show numerous examples of this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 am

HO will do exactly the same HMRC etc checks for long residence ILR is you have been a Tier 1 G migrant. It is a misconception that it is a 'safe' route to do ILR based on long residence.

Edit : beaten by Casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aig
Newly Registered

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks for all replies, HO mostly ask sa302 from applicant in 10 years, if they ask for tax documents I have all updated SA302, does it make any sense?
realistically should start packing our bags

aig
Newly Registered

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:46 am

@ Casa, that's solicitors point that if u get refused on tier 1 it's hard to fight, if u get refused on 10 years, will have right of appeal and right to work, and Chances that application could be successful with out any hurdle

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 am

Your choice. You're not under any obligation to take the advice offered on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aig
Newly Registered

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:12 pm

I m just mentioned logic given by solicitor , all member advice is vary valuable , so it's better to wait for tier 1 G ILR decision ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:14 pm

aig wrote:Because he thinks there are less chances of deception on LR route as all amendments and taxes done before applying TiG ILR , in case got deception in TiG ILR than 10 years will be use less .

Seniors suggest please as its not easy decision to vary application with one dependant applicant

Many thanks
He is wrong on that point. They can reject you on deception on the basis of Long residence also.

Varying to Long Residence will raise issue, especially if on the face, you qualify for ILR. It may provide a basis for the conclusion, that you kniw what you are doing.

They mostly give right of appeal, but UKVI has power to Certify it also.

In the case of deception, they have power to issue removal decision and prevent you from pursuing an incountry appeal.

Therefore all are has its drawback. .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:05 pm

aig wrote:Thanks for all replies, HO mostly ask sa302 from applicant in 10 years, if they ask for tax documents I have all updated SA302, does it make any sense?
realistically should start packing our bags
Hi aig,
could you please tell me how we will get updated sa302. thank you in advance.

aig
Newly Registered

Post by aig » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Moon84,it's updated calculations. I phoned Hmrc, they said need to send request in writing, it took ages.

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:04 pm

aig wrote:Moon84,it's updated calculations. I phoned Hmrc, they said need to send request in writing, it took ages.
Hi aig,
Thanks for ur reply and could you please explain what they asked you to write in ur letter. I will be thankfull to you i am in same situation trying to update my sa302 for 2010-11.