ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would Pakistani Divorce Certificate be acceptable? Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bristol14
Newly Registered

Would Pakistani Divorce Certificate be acceptable? Urgent

Post by bristol14 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi

I have applied for spouse visa of my 2nd wife last month (May 2016) from Pakistan. I was previously married to a Pakistani girl (Nov 2011 - Jan 2013) and submitted Pakistani divorce certificate (issued by Union Council in May 2013) along with my supporting documents for 2nd spouse visa.

I haven't provided any information other than divorce certificate of previous marriage to the HO. Can I submit a letter and a couple of further supporting documents to HO at this stage?

My situation:
Separated in January 2013. We had limited visa running out in May 2013.
I went back to Pakistan, submitted divorce deed in UC and came back to the UK.
We were both Pakistani national, so I decided to file divorce in Pakistan.
I had been living in the UK since 2008. Ex-wife had lived in the UK for about 10 months during 1 year before separation. Notices were served to her. Divorce wasn't challenged and divorce certificate was issued in May 2013 (I went to Pakistan in May 2013). Home office was notified in Jan 2013 and May 2013 about the divorce proceedings.

I got ILR in March 2014 and British citizenship in Sep 2015. Married new wife in Mar 2016.

Would my previous divorce be accepted by the HO or I need to provide above details along with proves of divorce notices and my visits to Pakistan for divorce proceedings?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Would Pakistani Divorce Certificate be acceptable? Urgen

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:33 am

Annonymous wrote:I'm in the same boat pm me your contact no if you want to discuss this any further.
Members only have the privilege of the PM facility after making 30 posts. bristol14 has only contributed 14.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi

have a read through this link on page 6

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /recog.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... aq-divorce

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-1spouses read chapter 8 annex 1 of family immigration rules from this link.

have a read through please from the above links please

please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Good luck with your wife visa application.
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Just to update about spouse visa status.

Visa was issued by the grace of Allah.

I did not submit any further documents explaining the above background. I only submitted computerized divorce certificate (and provided all details in application forms & mentioned it in the cover letter). I was thinking that I should have submitted divorce deed, notices and a separate letter explaining my situation. However, visa granted which means divorce considered legal and accepted by HO.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:11 pm

bristol14 wrote:Just to update about spouse visa status.

Visa was issued by the grace of Allah.

I did not submit any further documents explaining the above background. I only submitted computerized divorce certificate (and provided all details in application forms & mentioned it in the cover letter). I was thinking that I should have submitted divorce deed, notices and a separate letter explaining my situation. However, visa granted which means divorce considered legal and accepted by HO.

That's huge relieve for me but we have slightly difference in the situation. When you divorced your ex-wife you were on temporary visa and were a Pakistani national but I am British but I never applied her spouse visa or sponsored her. I hope my Mrs visa will be approved too. It's been only 21 working days so I have to wait for a while.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 am

My wife collected her passport today and she has been granted the visa. A huge relief for me and this is for sure that the divorce document from Pakistan was valid.