ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by diego-560 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 pm

All, I received my passport today by special delivery Royal Mail.

Very interesting timing. I was about to chase again via the online form after I got home from work tonight, however lo and behold, my passport had been delivered today.

So,
June 28: Requested passport back
July 29: Received passport

Looks like there's hope for those of you still waiting, be sure to chase via the online form.

dantam
Newly Registered

Post by dantam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Based on your experience and information when is the ideal time to request the passports back, after enrolling biometrics or after receiving the CoA?

Can both, EEA Family member and EEA National passports be requested or just the EEA national?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi everyone!

I just posted on the timeline thread but thought I would post it here, as well. We got the residence card (and registration certificate) late last week. It was issued on a Saturday, right before the 6 month deadline (from the date that they received our applications).

EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) posted together:
Application posted on : 22/01/2016
Received by UKVI/HO on : 25/01/2016
Payments taken on : 27/01/2016 and 07/03/2016 (payments taken separately)
Email to EEA national: 16/02/2016
Bio letter received on : 14/03/2016 dated 09/03
Biometrics Enrolled on : 14/03/2016
COA With Work : 22/04/2016 dated 20/04
(apology for delays after we complained (the hotline staff told us to do so): 16/05/2016)
Resident Card Received on : 27/07/2016 dated 23/07
Documents Returned on : 28/07/2016

As some of you might know, we had serious problems with the payment for the non-EEA spouse (apparently someone just missed taking it) and then again had to wait longer than they state for the CoA. We wrote to the complaints procedure (using an email address that I can remember of the top of my head) after the hotline staff failed to be able to get a case worker to call us back and told us that there was nothing else we could do but complain and wait. That seemed to have worked and we got the CoA. We are so happy that we did not have to chase them up for the final decision (especially since the hotline staff sometimes say that it's 6 months from the date of when the payment was taken, which would have meant waiting an additional 6 weeks before they would have helped us out!).

Thank you so much for all your help and for the amazing amount of information on this forum that has helped us throughout this whole process!

Good luck everyone, we really wish you all the best!

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:15 pm

dantam wrote:Hi everyone,

Based on your experience and information when is the ideal time to request the passports back, after enrolling biometrics or after receiving the CoA?

Can both, EEA Family member and EEA National passports be requested or just the EEA national?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks
Hi dantam!

My husband and I never requested our passports back (as the EEA national, I actually only gave my national ID card) but from what I know you can both request them back once you have submitted your biometrics (and possibly gotten the CoA, although I'm not too sure about the CoA bit). However, from what I have read they often tend to only return the passport of the EEA national if the visa/residence permit that the non-EEA national is on has already expired. So if the visa/residence permit of the EEA family member is still valid, then I think you have a good shot at getting it back (if they do send it, they obviously seem to have a tendency not to respond on time)...

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:44 pm

Has anyone who submitted their application in February, received anything back yet? Any news? My timeline is:

EEA_EFM Application sent: 20/02/16 (as unmarried partner of EEA national)
Payment deducted: 26/02/16
Biometric letter received: 03/04/16
Biometric enrolment completed: 05/04/16
Requested passport & ID back: 05/04/16
Received passport & ID back: 25/04/16
Requested COA: 01/06/16
COA received: 03/06/16 (but dated 18/03/16 with no right to work
Residence card: ???

I've still not heard anything since June, the call centre said I had to wait until 26/08/16 before it was overdue and to chase it then! Wondering if anyone who had payment taken earlier in the month had anything back yet?

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:20 pm

EEA (QP) & EEA(FM) Application sent: 13/02/16 - Arrived 16/02/16
Payment deducted: 17/02/16
Biometric letter received: Sometime in March
Biometric enrolment completed: Same day
Received COA: Late March
Residence card: 11/08/16 - Missed delivery from DX. Hoping it's my wife's RC and not a refusal with her returned Tier 2 BRP...

The wait continues, but we've received a response just shy of 6 months. Will update tomorrow when we know for sure.

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:44 am

UPDATE:

EEA (QP) & EEA(FM) Application sent: 13/02/16 - Arrived 16/02/16
Payment deducted: 17/02/16
Biometric letter received: Sometime in March
Biometric enrolment completed: Same day
Received COA: Late March
Residence card: Received 12/08/16 via DX. Dated 6.08.2016 (Issued on a Saturday??????)
Documents: Still waiting

Finally complete.

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 pm

hi everyone, I'm stil waiting on my RC approval, timeline as below. But i am now moving house in the next week. I was planning to set up a mail redirection via Royal Mail, but I've just read that this does not cover courier deliveries. And reading through the forums it seems that DX is the main courier that they use to deliver the RC (if approved, i guess).

Can anyone please advise what to do, or what other delivery carriers they encountered when recieving their approval and documents back? I imagine that i also need to notify home office of the change, but not sure how to do this and scared it will delay things even further. Can anyone share their experience and advice please?

many thanks in advance.

Nazar jan123
Newly Registered

Post by Nazar jan123 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi,Everyone
Please I need help.I send my EEA FM application on 14.6.16.and I got my biometric on 18/7.I submitted my biometric on same day.but now its over 2 months I haven't received my COA.please I need home office contact number to call them.
Thanks

barbapapa
United Kingdom

Post by barbapapa » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi all, new to this forum and waiting for my wife's residence card.

I see here some people managed to request a COA. How can we do that ? and what COA stands for ?

Thank you,

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi @barbapapa & Nazar jan123, you'll need to email nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to request your COA if not received yet.

COA stands for Certificate of Application. And as mentioned in this forum, is supposed to be issued after your biometrics enrolment. but looking at this forum, many people have not recievd this in the expected timeframe.

The phone number to contact home office for general EEA route applications is 0300 123 2253 then option 2 - but they've been unable to check anything in regards to my application - each time saying that i had to wait until the application is overdue before they can do anything. I have about 10 days left before my application passes the 6 month wait (my time line is in an earlier post on this page).

Cyprus
Newly Registered

Post by Cyprus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 am

My wife received her UKRC today.

Here is our timeline:
EEA Application sent: 23/02/2016
Biometric letter received:17/03/2016
Biometric enrolment completed: 18/03/2016
COA received: 24/03/2016
Requested passports back:24/04/2016
Received passports back: 08/06/2016
Residence card received: 18/08/2016

Merkury
Newly Registered

Post by Merkury » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 am

Hi all.

I was reading the all your answers and I have a question, hope some one can help me.

My partner and I sent the EEA-QP & EEA-FM the first days of July and he received the CoA the last week, and I was reading in your answers that the EEA can request the return of the passport, but for my EEA-QP I haven't received anything except an email, telling me that my application was being processed.

I might need my passport to travel this October, is possible to request it back without interfering the applications?
Do I have to pay to request it back? and last the EEA-QP is processed at the same time that the EEA-FM?

Cheers!

sannna
Newly Registered

Post by sannna » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Question. We have applied for RCs (FM + QP) on 27th April. We received COA a couple months's after and made a address change in May. We requested our passports back and got them end of July to the new address. My husband had to travel last weekend and at the border control he was told that the RC has been granted to him ages ago but seems like it has been sent to a wrong address.. I have now tried to call the HO but they don't give me any email or address to contact them.

Any advise? Although it's great news that we have been granted the RCs I cannot continue normal life before this process is put to an end.

Cheers!

amanda505
Newly Registered

Post by amanda505 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:38 am

PeatD wrote:hi everyone, I'm stil waiting on my RC approval, timeline as below. But i am now moving house in the next week. I was planning to set up a mail redirection via Royal Mail, but I've just read that this does not cover courier deliveries. And reading through the forums it seems that DX is the main courier that they use to deliver the RC (if approved, i guess).

Can anyone please advise what to do, or what other delivery carriers they encountered when recieving their approval and documents back? I imagine that i also need to notify home office of the change, but not sure how to do this and scared it will delay things even further. Can anyone share their experience and advice please?

many thanks in advance.

Hi PeatD
The Home Office uses DX to deliver the RC and Royal Mail to deliver your documents (they will arrive separately). I changed address around 3 months before receiving my RC, and filled the change of address form. In the end they actually sent my RC and documents to the new address, it didn't delay the process at all. But since in your case you have already completed 6 months waiting and your RC will arrive any minute now it might be a bit more tricky...have you tried calling the Home Office and asking for an update? Good luck!

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:53 am

amanda505 wrote:Hi PeatD
The Home Office uses DX to deliver the RC and Royal Mail to deliver your documents (they will arrive separately). I changed address around 3 months before receiving my RC, and filled the change of address form. In the end they actually sent my RC and documents to the new address, it didn't delay the process at all. But since in your case you have already completed 6 months waiting and your RC will arrive any minute now it might be a bit more tricky...have you tried calling the Home Office and asking for an update? Good luck!
Ahhhh thank you so much for letting me know this @amanda505!! Im setting up my royal mail redirect NOW!!!! OMG im just so tense and nervous at the moemnt, as all my old house mates have been evicted from the old house too, so theres not even anyone there to check the post anymore :(

I tried calling last month and they said i had to wait until 26/08/16 - only then it would be overdue. So 1 more day before i can call them up! Anyways really appreciate you sharing this info! Got my fingers/legs crossed and praying to the universe that everything works out! :)

dimitrisln
Newly Registered

Post by dimitrisln » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 am

EEA2 Timeline for February Application

February 25 - Application Submitted
February 26 - Received Application
March 16 - Requested Passports
March 22 - Biometrics Received (dated 17)
March 23 - Biometrics Done
April 2 - COA Received (dated March 30)
April 5 - Progress Request Form Sent (passports)
April 22 - Requested Passports
April 27 - Passports Returned
August 16 - Application Documents Returned
August 18 - Missed Document Delivery
August 19 - Missed DX Delivery
August 22 - Received everything.

Shy away from 6 months. Don't give up!

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 am

Hi everyone,

Been stalking this forum for a long time thanks to everyone who posts, so helpful.

I applied for EEA EFM on March 3rd so nearly at the six month mark but haven't heard back yet. I've got a holiday booked to leave on September 7th and am getting nervous I won't have my passport back in time (pushing it I know, it's with my partners family and I didn't choose the dates). I phoned up the HO and they said I can request my docs back online but judging by what I've read here it takes ages.

Do you think I should apply to have my docs back now, will this maybe hurry them up with my application or will doing that make it take longer do you think?

Any advice appreciated, quite stressed now!

PeatD
Australia

Post by PeatD » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:22 pm

geeb33 wrote:Hi everyone,

Been stalking this forum for a long time thanks to everyone who posts, so helpful.

I applied for EEA EFM on March 3rd so nearly at the six month mark but haven't heard back yet. I've got a holiday booked to leave on September 7th and am getting nervous I won't have my passport back in time (pushing it I know, it's with my partners family and I didn't choose the dates). I phoned up the HO and they said I can request my docs back online but judging by what I've read here it takes ages.

Do you think I should apply to have my docs back now, will this maybe hurry them up with my application or will doing that make it take longer do you think?

Any advice appreciated, quite stressed now!
Hey @geeb33 - you should definitely apply for your documents back asap. TBH I'm not sure you'll get it back in time now - its supposed to take 10 working days, but mine took about 20 days after re-requesting it. There is someone on this forum who mentioned they were able to request it back for emergency reasons, so ended up getting theirs back relatively quickly. But I couldn't work out how they did it - the people on the helpline aren't super helpful, unless you get lucky and find someone with a some sort of empathy, who then tells you what you need to know. If you get anyone rude or unhelpful, just ring back and try and speak to someone else.

In terms of how it affects your application - i cant comment personally, as I'm still waiting (my timeline further below). This forum and the advisors on that helpline say that it shouldn't affect it, but as you click confirm on the online document request form, a disclaimer does appear saying that "your application may take longer to process".

Everyone seems to have had a different experience - but the one constant theme is the inconsistency and the state of anxiety they seem to like everyone to experience.

I actually finally received something at my old address (a missed royal mail delivery note), over the weekend. But was only told today by my ex-flatmate. So it seems that my online change of address was not noted, despite receiving an email confirmation. Probably in the same pile of junk as all my letters to the home office. So I'm in proper panic mode now, as my old flatmates have all moved out and the old property is vacant now. I rang the helpline to today to lodge a formal request - cos its now officially overdue and now i need to wait 3-5 days for a call. I was advised that if no-one called me, then i should call back and that they would try 3-4 more times, before tying something different. Quote unquote.

My timeline:
EEA_EFM Application sent: 20/02/16

Submitted online change of address: 18/08/16 (moved house on 15/08/16)

Called to lodge formal request for overdue application: 26/08/16 (advised to call back as it was still technically within date)

Called again to lodge formal request for overdue application: 30/08/16

Ex-Flatmate advised missed royal mail delivery note arrived over the weekend : 30/08/16 (note dated 27/08/16)

N70mamu
Newly Registered

Post by N70mamu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently submitted my EEA2 application. My wife ( eea national) is working in UK and recently she lost her job while my application is still under process. I'm worried the HO might reject the application as she is not working currently. Moreover she applied for benefit last month. Do I need to inform the HOmeoffice regarding this?

Kindly let me know if I have to inform HO as my wife is not working ? Will it effect my application ? She is in uk from last 1 year and use to work since than. I have subbmited my application on April so I believe it will get processed by October . Kindly reply to my post. We are very much worried about this situation .....

F25
Newly Registered

Post by F25 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

I submitted my EEA FM application on 23 June and enrolled biometrics on 9 august, but still have not received my COA yet, I have emailed and called them but still nothing. I'm starting to think if I will even get the COA?? Can anyone tell me how I can get COA or what I can do in this situation? Or how much longer it will take now?

Jacky25pop
Newly Registered

Post by Jacky25pop » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:45 am

Hello everyone.
Has any March applicant received any reply from HO

Thanks

Jacky

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:48 am

I applied March 4th and haven't heard anything :(

coronita

Post by coronita » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. I am new here and I'm hoping someone could give me some advice for biometrics.

I sent out my EEA2 application together with my French husband's qualified person application (as an active worker) 1st August via Royal Mail special delivery. Paid with postal orders. So far still haven't received my biometric enrolment letter. I've read on the timeline thread some people had to wait longer than this for their biometrics but this is really making me anxious. Is anyone here that applied around the same time still waiting for their biometrics? Or has anyone applied in August received it? Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Thank you all!

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Woohoo documents and passport returned today with letter saying RC will arrive in 10 days. I applied 4th March EEA EFM. Good luck everyone and thanks for all your help!