ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mandatory to submit PR card with AN application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkseding
Newly Registered

Mandatory to submit PR card with AN application?

Post by kkseding » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello Gurus,
I am a PR holder in the process of sending in my AN application and I am abit confused with the Section 6 Biometric enrolment. My question is thus; Is it mandatory for me to submit my current PR card with my AN application?

I was actually thinking of a holiday whilst my application is being decided. Kindly advise..

noajthan

Re: Mandatory to submit PR card with AN application?

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Yes, DCPR/PRC is a mandatory prerequisite for naturalisation if you acquired settled status on EU migration route.
It is to prove your status and not about biometrics.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:17 pm

noajthan wrote:Yes, DCPR/PRC is a mandatory prerequisite for naturalisation if you acquired settled status on EU migration route.
It is to prove your status and not about biometrics.

Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that this is a prerequisite. However am I mandated to submit my Permanent Residence Card with the AN Application?. I note that in the form, section 6.12 states that "If you do not submit your BRP with this application, you must return it to the Home Office no later than 5 days from the date you attended your Citizenship Ceremony or the date you were
issued with a certificate of naturalisation, so that it can be securely destroyed. ...."

I am wondering if the submission of a PR card with AN application is optional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:20 pm

If you apply through the NCS they will take a copy of your official documents including your passport and PR card, leaving you to retain the originals.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:26 pm

kkseding wrote:Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that this is a prerequisite. However am I mandated to submit my Permanent Residence Card with the AN Application?. I note that in the form, section 6.12 states that "If you do not submit your BRP with this application, you must return it to the Home Office no later than 5 days from the date you attended your Citizenship Ceremony or the date you were
issued with a certificate of naturalisation, so that it can be securely destroyed. ...."

I am wondering if the submission of a PR card with AN application is optional.
You have misunderstood.
The BRP being referenced there is a UK BRP for those with ILR.

The PR card is different.
Do NOT destroy your PR card :!:
And yes, you have to submit it.

You also have to enrol biometrics for naturalisation.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Thank you all