ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Questions and advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chickpea
United States of America

FLR(M) Questions and advice needed

Post by chickpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Hello Helpful Forum Folk,

Thanks to all for the timeline posts which are very helpful.

Some advice is needed on the FLR(M) application:

1. Timing: as long as application is made after 30 months and the ILR application is then made after another 30 months, the 5 years for ILR is satisfied, I believe? So if LTR started in March 2014, expires in November 2016, applying in September is adequate - correct?

2. Documentation question: Has anyone here applied that was living with family members and therefore did not have utility bills or council tax etc etc that had both spouse names as the addressee? We applied for LTR based on living in my in-laws second home (not with them). We stayed there longer than expected, for a year and a half. All bills but one remained in their names. So, the only proof (per FLR(M) instructions) we have that we both lived there will be a letter from the in-laws. It seems we should provide other documents with the address (so he has phone bills for his work line, I have payslips, bank and GP docs). They only require six each, but they are supposed to be spread out over the past two years. Should we aim for three each for the former address and three each for the current address? (Been here 9 months.)

1. Considering premium service. I was caught out (as others here in the forum) by entering on LTR before the BRP was required but on change of jobs was not allowed to work until I obtained the BRP I didn't know I needed (it had not been required). (It turned out that was not a legal position by my employer but water under the bridge now.) Currently I am job hunting again so if I get an interview I have to take proof of right to work with me - hence the need to avoid a postal application and the 8 week wait. I have seen a post where someone paid for premium but needed to supply extra documents then had to wait. As our circumstances per (2) above are unusual, this does worry me a bit. We'd certainly turn up with every piece of paper evidence we could find!

Advice welcome on any or all of these points. Many thanks.

chickpea
United States of America

Re: FLR(M) Questions and advice needed

Post by chickpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Relating to #2 above, I have seen this:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 13640.html
Curious if it may have an effect though. I can't see the caseworkers in the HO deciding to accept fewer documents as evidence!

SoHopeful

Re: FLR(M) Questions and advice needed

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:36 am

chickpea wrote:Hello Helpful Forum Folk,

Thanks to all for the timeline posts which are very helpful.

Some advice is needed on the FLR(M) application:

1. Timing: as long as application is made after 30 months and the ILR application is then made after another 30 months, the 5 years for ILR is satisfied, I believe? So if LTR started in March 2014, expires in November 2016, applying in September is adequate - correct?
As long as its within 28 days of the 30th month that's fine.

2. Documentation question: Has anyone here applied that was living with family members and therefore did not have utility bills or council tax etc etc that had both spouse names as the addressee? We applied for LTR based on living in my in-laws second home (not with them). We stayed there longer than expected, for a year and a half. All bills but one remained in their names. So, the only proof (per FLR(M) instructions) we have that we both lived there will be a letter from the in-laws. It seems we should provide other documents with the address (so he has phone bills for his work line, I have payslips, bank and GP docs). They only require six each, but they are supposed to be spread out over the past two years. Should we aim for three each for the former address and three each for the current address? (Been here 9 months.)
The letters don't have to be jointly addressed. The only thing we have addressed to us both are letters from my son's school. If correspondence is addressed individually you need 6 from 3 different sources for each of you covering the duration of the current visa. If you moved in this time just mention in the 'additional information' box in the relevant section.

1. Considering premium service. I was caught out (as others here in the forum) by entering on LTR before the BRP was required but on change of jobs was not allowed to work until I obtained the BRP I didn't know I needed (it had not been required). (It turned out that was not a legal position by my employer but water under the bridge now.) Currently I am job hunting again so if I get an interview I have to take proof of right to work with me - hence the need to avoid a postal application and the 8 week wait. I have seen a post where someone paid for premium but needed to supply extra documents then had to wait. As our circumstances per (2) above are unusual, this does worry me a bit. We'd certainly turn up with every piece of paper evidence we could find!
You receive a letter on the day stating you were successful in your application so if you need immediate proof of right to work you could use that. But my husband applied July 25th and received his BRP later that week! Hopefully you won't need to submit additional documents if your application and immigration history is fairly straightforward and you ensure you provide all the required documents in teh correct formats.

Advice welcome on any or all of these points. Many thanks.