ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension salary requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rroy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General extension salary requirement

Post by Rroy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi Guys,
I got tier 2 general visa from 23/03/2014 to 07/04/2017.
My job code is 3545, i would like to know 1)how much salary i need for my tier2 extension or the extension will be on same salary, 2) i got 3years visa now so i will get again
3years or it will be 2 years, 3) how much earlier i can apply for visa extensions. Can someone please help me.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General extension salary requirement

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am

at extension, the salary will be experienced for the soc code.. i.e. , £ 30.6k.
u will get max of 3 years, but visa duration depends on dates on cos.
u can apply before your current visa expires. today, a month before, a day before .. but has to be before your visa expires

Rroy
Newly Registered

Post by Rroy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi iworker,
I checked with one of the lawyer today,he told me extension will be according to the old rule and it will be same salary and not the experienced salary, i am confused now, can you please help me on this.

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:46 am

The Lawyer has given you wrong information!!!

I applied for my Tier 2 extension this year and got rejected since my salary was not up to the experienced level. I then had to reapply for it with correct salary and it got approved. Read the tier 2 policy guidance for salary requirements.

What iworker said about the requirement for experienced salary is correct. However he/she is wrong about the salary requirement of 30.6k. This salary of 30.6k is based on PBS codes from April 2014. According to PBS codes of April 2015, the experienced salary required for your specific code is 32.5k. Also since your extension application is in 2017, this salary may change and increase/decrease. Keep an eye out for any changes.