ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:04 am

hsmp_india_2008,
You need to show accommodation proof letter and the sponsorship letter from your company,stating your accommodation address and length of your stay in office accommodation and i guess you also need a email confirmation regarding the same from the reserved stating that the accomodation is reserved for You from so-and-so company...Anyways,unga office romba nalla office..3000 GBP for initial settlement is a good bid from indian companies..lol..then one question to ask..are they planning to give you P60 ..coz i havent heard that they give you the payslip for full amount you earn..and that makes your HSMP extension impossible..Have you signed any bond with your employer?if so,you cannot switch over to other companies even if u wish to..

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:07 am

Vidya

I believe you submitted ur application on 28th Dec. Do you know what date it shows in BHC as submission date? I submitted at VFS Hyd on 27th. But the BHC submission date is 2nd Jan.

Jason

hsmp_india_2008
Newly Registered

Accomodation & Sponsor Letter

Post by hsmp_india_2008 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:24 am

Hi Venkatesh,

My employer is a UK based company and they are sponsoring my HSMP visa. Have applied through a consultant and they have paid the amount for the same. I was hoping that I could request them to transfer 3000 GBP to my bank account and also the sponsor letter, then I could return the amount after going there whichever is excess. Then may be the initial amount they could deduct from my salary every month. Please let me if you think if there is any problem in doing this way when getting EC.

Also reg. the switching companies, the only reason I am going to UK is to work with them - should be fine. Just waiting for my approval and then EC.

Many Thanks

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:02 am

mailed to visa enquiries today and got this reply..Grr..Am loosing my cool...

"Dear Sir

Please be informed that your application has not been assessed as yet due to the unusual number of applications we have been receiving. Visa Officers are presently assessing HSMP/ Work Permit applications received in the second week of December 2007. We are trying to deal with the applications as expeditiously as possible.

You may check with us around 07 February 2008.
Yours faithfully

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai" :roll: :evil:

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:06 am

Venkatesh Balakumar,

Can you add your signature with the date of submission and details. It will be helpful to interpret your message in a better way.

Thanks
Jason

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:06 am

hey guys what does this mean in their mail..assessed not yet in the sense?any idea? :idea: :!:

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:15 am

Date of application :17th December 2007
Centre:VFS Chennai
Integra verification over :2nd Jan 2008

Signature :Venkatesh :P

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:37 am

Venkatesh Balakumar,

As per inputs from the EC approvals of our forum members, we can understand that the processing till 14 th is done with. 15th and 16 the being holidays, you will be very near to the assessment line. The mail reply you got may be a "Do not Disturb" as they are overloaded with calls .

Jason

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:39 am

guys

real big headache has started for me now..I had called the BHC as usual & the reply was as usual "no decision"..i got really wild and asked to conect to the CW..she refused..then she said she will check with the officer...later told me tat it might happen today 90% or i shd call back on wednesday..i said then i want to pull my pasport since i want to apply for WP..she said i can send email to do the same.they wil keep the application processing but they wil give my pasport back..once decision is made they will inform me so i shd submit pasport back.

Am badly confused tat if i withdraw my pasport and can i apply for WP again ?? or if i get WP i wil travel, so how can i giev my pasprt to them if they ask me after making decision..god..life is miserable now...i dont knw wat to do & alredy comp is scrweg me every day to aply for WP..
Lion

Prashanth_yadav

We regret the inconvenience and appreciate your co-operation

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:40 am

I have mailed Channai BDHC to day and got the following reply....

Dear Mr Prashanth,

Thank you for your e-mail.
You may wish to note that HSMP applications received during the 2nd week of December are being assessed at the moment. Due to unusual rush in HSMP applications we are unable to assess the applications in the said timeframe. However, we are trying our best to expedite the process. We will keep you updated regarding the outcome of your visa application.

We regret the inconvenience and appreciate your co-operation.

Yours truly,

Casework section

British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

UKvisas - Making travel and migration work for Britain
If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

Looks like this is an automated mail :-(

My Timelines:

Applied EC : January 4
VFS Hyderabad

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 am

Today I have received reply from vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com

Dear sir/madam

This is to inform you that the passports is still under verification in high commission. Kindly check the status by calling to the below mentioned helpline number or use the online tracking facility in our below mentioned website

Helpline Numbers: +91 44 42858514 / 42858516 / 42857788
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:12 am

Lion ,

really sorry to hear that - i thought they would tell you decision on phone today itself -yes , they are really testing yr patience - and not keeping their word also. But i still think that more than 90% chance ( say 95%) it will get processed today itself ; keep checking your online status today - at least if they hand over to blue dart today , you will get it tommorrow or monday ( monday you can probably wait for the courier at home and then come to office with the result :) )

Jason, youre right , i applied one day after you at blr vfs - on 28th - and i was surprised that my online status says forwarded to BHC on 28th itself -i feel that even mine would have reached only around the 2nd - especially since i was the last token for the day on friday 28th evening :?
But integra was done on 3rd and 4th itself at my office and i got a mail reply on 16th that my integra report was recd by them

Steve , waiting to hear your news !!

Guys , i also did not wait 15 working days to send email query , i sent on the 12 th day itself :oops: - but now requesting if ppl can wait 15 wkg days before sending queries - seems like we are bombarding them with calls and queries that they have even less time to actually process our applications. and also when they are replying that it is not yet assessed there is no point in us mailing them everyday ; we need to wait at least a week :cry: Apologies if this request is impertinent :oops:

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:17 am

Lion

just adding to my earlier post , although anger in your case is fully justified -these ppl at the BHC respond better to very courteous speech
not sure if you are sounding intimidating to them and they have taken a stand not to give in to "intimidation" :o

Send an email now in very very courteous langauge explaining the dilemma you are in and that you would really appreciate a response by today ; once they comprehend the situation at yr office with wp visa ; they might move faster / get it done today and also email you with the result - praying for you to get it today. All the best.

winmano

Post by winmano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 am

Hi Guyz,
Vidya is correct.....

Except for lion and stevemark I do not expect much results today, becoz Friday is kind of holiday for them.....

I'm expecting my results to arrive any time after Jan 24th. Because they should be processing 3 week of Dec.... and definitely by Jan 31st.. Because they do not have much applications from Dec 4th week.... :roll:

Hope my analysis works.... :?
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:21 am

friday is kind of holiday for them :?: :arrow: :!: :shock: :shock:

I agree with your analysis , winmano - lets hope it proves correct :)

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 am

Today morning i called Mumbai BHC...

i got reply that we have not received Integra Verification report … and your case is under verification. I applied on 20th Dec., from Ahmedbad VFS.

They added that we can not say when we will decide on your case..

What all integra people are doing... i dont know....... :?: :?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:31 am

vidya wrote:Lion ,
Steve , waiting to hear your news !!
The following is the status in bluedart site for the package..called them up as well they say that it will be delivered only by tomorrow..I wonder why it takes such a long time to transit the parcel from chennai - hyderabad(I think its by air)

Pickup Date 17 January 2008
From Chennai
To Hyderabad
Status In Transit
Await Delivery Information
Expected Date of Delivery 19 January 2008

Today I am going to keep on checking the blue dart site for any updates.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:31 am

There has to be some process in place to clear the backlogs. Or else, there will be a cascading effect and the files will keep piling up as there are more applications and does it mean that the BHC will keep mailing everyone throughout the year that due to large number of applications / long holiday / blah / blah..the applications will be processed slower? There has to be a break even situation somehwere...and for sure you cant just count on the number of applications going down...but rather by increasing the effeciency and turn around times some how to acheive a win-win situation. By any chance does the BHC browse this foum? lol ;)

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:32 am

Lion...

As per your earlier post if you have an option of getting your passport back while the HSMP is still in process then better go for it... if you can get the WP done before HSMP decission then its well and gud... and again if the decission is made while you are still in India then I think they will cancel WP and put HSMP stamping... I really dont know how it works but if all this process doesnt effect your HSMP then I would suggest to go for it... enquire more on this by calling both VFS and BHC... list out all your questions before you cal them and check what is the procedure... just my thoughts...
Thanks...
Veeresh

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:52 am

seriously irritating these folks are...I actually thought i may get my visa by first week of jan...thats what VFS fellows told me when i applied...And i had planned to travel by 25 th jan..Now everything is upset...Now am in a dilemma whether to give resignation now itself..coz my office is planning to send me on deputation to UK shortly and they are asking me daily if i have got my visa.... and i already told my boss that am not going and asked him to find some replacement..Critical situation!!!

winmano

Post by winmano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:56 am

HI reincarnation....

Since they did not get any application during Dec 22nd till Dec 27th.... There should be some breathing time for them..... but still they will have more applications to process hence they may add new case workers in the future but not in another 6 months....... Because they have to recruit, train...and induct....
winmano

winmano

Post by winmano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 am

HI venkatesh.balakumar,

I have worst situation....... I have already given resignation and Jan 31st is my alst date.... 8) ...
winmano

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:06 am

Hi steve

Even i was thinking last night itself that you will get the courier only by tommorrow - ie saturday .

You said in your post that the online status as delivered to blue dart was updated when you checked at 7.15 PM ; possibly it was handed over as evening consignment to blue dart and not the morning one ( presuming 2 pick ups per day at BHC) - so it probably might reach hyderabad only today and then the local delivery office there would have only one delivery per day to the locality where you stay which is every morning ( the courier guys usually come home first half of the day and never after 3 or 4 in the evening) - so it will miss the local delivery today and be part of tommorrow's drop offs. But if you are really in suspense agony , you probably can find out which of the hyderabad blue dart offices has the package today afternoon and pick it up yourself - but better to just let them deliver it tommorrow i feel to avoid unnesscarily confusing them

All the best

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 am

Guys,

I am tryin to call the VFS b*t*ds and all the time its busy..do they really pick calls??

i tried 044-42857788,8516,8514

Which no do they pick..pls reply me..tnx guys..

I want to spk to them to find if i can submit my WP docs withoiut paspport since its already there in BHC for EC..wil ths wrk??
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:16 am

Actually the case load must be much lesser last month...coz vfs was closed from dec 7th to 11..again closed from 22 to 26th..and another 10 days for saturday and sunday...they just had 15 working days..and sensibly talking even if the applications are more,and as per logic ,decision should be taken for atleast 2 cases in one hour per case worker..It means..whole 30 minutes to decide just to say one word.. "yes' or 'no'!!! And for this work,these people crib about huge backlogs and lots of application...funny..lol.i thought i can quit my job once i get my EC..and i have one month notice period..though negotiation is possible i think..let me wait till i get it.. 8)