ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Dilemma...!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_boy

Naturalization Dilemma...!!!

Post by uk_boy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi Gurus,

I ll be eligible for Naturalizatioin next week (got my ILR Aug 2015), however my wife won't be eligible until November 2016 last week.

So, will it make sense if I can go and apply for my naturalization applicaiton next week, and apply for my wife in November last week. Or, should I wait till november and apply for myself and wife at the same time.

Pleaes advise...!!!

Regards..

Rizcon

Re: Naturalization Dilemma...!!!

Post by Rizcon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:17 pm

uk_boy wrote:Hi Gurus,

I ll be eligible for Naturalizatioin next week (got my ILR Aug 2015), however my wife won't be eligible until November 2016 last week.

So, will it make sense if I can go and apply for my naturalization applicaiton next week, and apply for my wife in November last week. Or, should I wait till november and apply for myself and wife at the same time.

Pleaes advise...!!!

Regards..
It's your choice and nothing will stop you in doing so assuming both of you fulfill the criteria for the Naturalisation.
On a personal note, I won't wait until my partner fulfills the criteria, because you never know about tomorrow and there are chances that any one get involved in something which will affect the Good character requirements like driving offences, parking tickets or some unfortunate and unexpected incident.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization Dilemma...!!!

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:33 pm

There's no longer a financial advantage in applying together.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.