ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Curtailed, EEA FM submitted. Do I have right to work?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubbletea1
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Curtailed, EEA FM submitted. Do I have right to work?

Post by bubbletea1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

My husband is Italian and he is doing PhD. The course will finish in Oct 2017. I am coming from non-EU country,I was holding tier 4 visa, expired on 30 April 2017.

We got married in May 2016 in London.

We submitted the EEA Family residence card application (EEA-FM form) on 28 June.

We followed the Home Office requirment to prepair all the evidence.

On 8 August 2016 I received a letter asked me to post office for biometrics registration and done the biomteric registration on 11 August 2016.

However I failed the exam on July and the University going to withdraw my student visa soon. They haven’t given me formal notice yet (I don’t know when, the student office said I need to wait the confirmation)

I am currently doing a part-time 20 hours/pw

My questions:

I do understand the process for EEA residence card gonna takes up to 6 mounths. In my case, after the University withdraw my Tier 4 sponsorship with Home Office while I am awaiting my EEA residence card result, do I have right to work in the UK?

Due to the uni withdraw my tier 4 student visa, is there a possibility home office reject my EEA Family residence card application?

Many thanks.

noajthan

Re: Tier 4 Curtailed, EEA FM submitted. Do I have right to w

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:04 pm

bubbletea1 wrote:Hi Everyone,

My questions:

I do understand the process for EEA residence card gonna takes up to 6 mounths. In my case, after the University withdraw my Tier 4 sponsorship with Home Office while I am awaiting my EEA residence card result, do I have right to work in the UK?

Due to the uni withdraw my tier 4 student visa, is there a possibility home office reject my EEA Family residence card application?

Many thanks.
1) Yes, as long as your sponsor is a qualified person (in immigration context not educational context) and as long as he has CSI in place for both of you.

But you may have difficulty in proving your status and rights to an employer or landlord etc until/unless you have the interim COA (confirming right to work) and, eventually, the FM RC.

Does spouse/sponsor have CSI that covers both of you :?:

2) No. At least, not for that reason.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.