ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A couple of questions from a newbie regarding HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ripvanwinkel
Newly Registered

A couple of questions from a newbie regarding HSMP

Post by ripvanwinkel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:19 am

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank and express my sincerest admiration at the level of profesionalism in the way that this site is run and administrated.

Excellent work Guys!

I am currently in the process of compiling my HSMP application, and all the documentation that goes along with it.

I have a couple of questions that I was hoping the Gurus here could answer for me;

- Is the HSMP Team, Home Office IND, Heavens Walk, Doncaster Carr, Doncaster, DN4 5HZ address the correct address to forward the application to?
- Does the Home Office perform credit checks on your name back in your home country?
- Software Developers - how did you experience the job market in London? (I am a C++, .NET developer, and all the usual stuff)
- What other factors, other than the ones specifically stated in the HSMP creteria documentation, have applicants been rejected on?

Thank you in advance for your feedback...

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:51 am

Hei ripvanwinkel,
Here r your answers to the best of my knowledge.
1= Yes the address is same
2= Yes
3= Since I am not IT related person you i could not write anything except the feed back about this topic which shows the market is good in London.
4= Most of the applicants are facing problems in getting points in work experience category. Your reference letters must be comprehensive, comprise of working of company and your particular role. Duties you are performing and your out put for the company.

ripvanwinkel
Newly Registered

As per above

Post by ripvanwinkel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:40 am

I have had two credit black listings recorded to my name, which have since been paid, yet they will remain there for 2 more years.

Any idea how the home office would deal with this?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:29 pm

I dont think the home office does any credit checks in the home country of the applicants. They will only examine the documents you submit as evidence. If there are any doubts they 'can' contact your referees which they usally dont do. In the case of unsatisfactory evidence they reject.

C++ and .NET are both well sought after and you should find decent oppurtunities. The stumbling block is convincing your prospective employer that you intend to stay put in the country although your visa is only for the duration of 12 months.

Good luck with your application.

ripvanwinkel
Newly Registered

In response

Post by ripvanwinkel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Thank you for your prompt response mwazir...

It would be a terrible injustice if they had to reject me on something like that.

Thanx for the career tip...

It is comforting to know I have the wisdom of experienced guys like yourselves to my disposal...