ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 am

vidya wrote:Hi steve

Even i was thinking last night itself that you will get the courier only by tommorrow - ie saturday .

You said in your post that the online status as delivered to blue dart was updated when you checked at 7.15 PM ; possibly it was handed over as evening consignment to blue dart and not the morning one ( presuming 2 pick ups per day at BHC) - so it probably might reach hyderabad only today and then the local delivery office there would have only one delivery per day to the locality where you stay which is every morning ( the courier guys usually come home first half of the day and never after 3 or 4 in the evening) - so it will miss the local delivery today and be part of tommorrow's drop offs. But if you are really in suspense agony , you probably can find out which of the hyderabad blue dart offices has the package today afternoon and pick it up yourself - but better to just let them deliver it tommorrow i feel to avoid unnesscarily confusing them

All the best
aniyayathukku analytical skills use pannureenga vidya..

Pickup Part..There is a transit time finder tool in blue dart site according to that if the package is picked up before 7PM on 17-12-2007 the delivery should be today(found out the cut off time with trial n error), since the site shows the expected delivery is 19-12-2007 I assume package was picked up after 7PM. I wonder who works in VFS until 7PM ;)

Delivery part.. There are two delivery's in a day @my office one is @1PM and the other @4PM, but the blue dart status just says it is in transit..call center people says they are expecting the package late in the evening to hyderabad :(

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:18 am

lion,
you need to try the same number for quite a few times to get it..and for me 8514 number is easier to get through the line..try it...keep trying it continuously..

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:22 am

lion686 wrote:Guys,

I am tryin to call the VFS b*t*ds and all the time its busy..do they really pick calls??

i tried 044-42857788,8516,8514

Which no do they pick..pls reply me..tnx guys..

I want to spk to them to find if i can submit my WP docs withoiut paspport since its already there in BHC for EC..wil ths wrk??
I suggest you to go directly to vfs hyderabad..and explain your situation and see what can be done..getting through those chennai vfs numbers is like hell..I generally use two phones simultaneously to call them up..for me it gets connected only with these numbers 8516,8514

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:23 am

But one thing folks, these backlogs made people get closer by this forum..and who knows,some of us here would bag best of friends from here itself.. :P Fine ok,i have put my mind off..Gonna Forget EC,say blah blah to UK offer from office and Just Celebrate Life..lol :P

a7ash
Newly Registered

Post by a7ash » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 am

Still havent got the visa ( for work permit, and not hsmp )

Have applied at Bangalore on 27th December
Integra on 7th Jan
Still waiting for visa

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:28 am

Venkatesh , volume of applications received in december would not be less because of holiday - same number of ppl applied though vfs was closed many days - this was evident by the LONGER queues :) on the days it was open in 2nd and 4th week of dec

In fact , i have a theory that more number of ppl would have applied - subconsciously many of us set the year end as target time to acheive our goals which include putting in the ec application for approvals received ranging from 5 months ago to 5 days ago.

So - equal or more number of applications received and lesser number of working days to process those - we are only factoring the holidays of BHC but not the number of case workers who would have taken all their vacation holidays - brits usually take 2-3 weeks off for christmas and new year - the ones at BHC probably might have travelled home

Assuming normal volumes of applns in Jan ( again one more 4 day weekend was there for them for pongal ; this is a fact cos monday we got out of office replies :shock: and tuesday was a holiday for them )

So yes , this backlog will keep on piling up - i agree they cannot just take temporary staff for this high security level work without adequate training which is a one month lead period - so only alternative is if they work out some overtime work schedule on weekends and evenings to process the backlog - i highly doubt this will happen :?

So back to square one. Looks like integra manage their work loads fairly well.

a7ash
Newly Registered

Post by a7ash » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 am

Question - Can i travel to UK if i have WP approved ? Its approved for 5 years. I can be in UK for 6 months without a VISA right? Any insight on this is greatly appreciated

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 am

Vidya,

Integra has to work to the max limits as...

1. BHC is the client and the work they are doing is outsourced... they definitely have to keep their client happy...
2. You will find Indian staff in Integra which will without asking a question will work for long hours whatever may be their personal condition... "Not targeting anyone here"...
Thanks...
Veeresh

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:37 am

vidya,
What you say is right...but they always have people on bench and they assign all the student applications to them during the academic admission time of the year to lessen the work of the usual caseworkers,and for your information they even lessen their work by alloting seperate case workers for visitor visa's.. all the other case workers are deputed only to process visa's like workpermits and HSMP..Even if they dont have time to train any more personnels,they can very well ask the mumbai BHC folks to send some of their people here..Lol..atleast cases will move faster...

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:39 am

Lion

I guess you thought my suggestion of a courteous email to BHC quite idiotic and perhaps rightly so.

Okay , next suggestion from me - yes , go to vfs hyderabad today , now - and do 2 things - push them to find out status at BHC and try to get result today itself , maybe by waiting there till they give the final update - second , if at the end of the day it has not yet happened ; confirm with them that you can submit wp appln without passport and submit it on monday

You will then have to take decision on monday whether you want to give up the project at office , take a risk which might give you long term benefit - get EC and go there . Or go with wp visa if you feel your employer is interested in sending you there for more than 2 years so you will get 5 year wp - which is good enough then as you can apply for ILR after that

I feel wp is more certain in the current new rules scenario than HSMP as tier 1 includes UK job offer as a requirement - i think . It is a tough decision to make so i am praying hard for you to get it today. All the best , god bless.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 am

post deleted & i wil post here only after i get EC...i wont post again if i don EC..al de best guys...tk cre bye
Last edited by lion686 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 am

Lion

I dont want this awesome thread to get locked , so pls edit your earlier post and remove the para which is anti - XX

Feel free vent all frustration openly in PM's

Dont worry , it will all work out !! You will look back next week and smile about all this.

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:54 am

lion yes... but first thing we need to keep in mind that whatsoever the situation is we have an intention to do all this... and if everything goes well we all know where do we want to see ourselves after few years... for now yes frustration is there but still that frustration is very much for the current situation... lets all hope for the best and try to achieve want we really want... we have not done any crime or put any false documents so I think god will be with us... dont worry be calm and plan what exactly wat u want do... also have some backup plans so that u dont have to be in the same situations again and again... all the best...
Thanks...
Veeresh

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:43 am

HSMPinit , i agree with all you said in your post. Lets wait and see - am sure lion and others from first 2 weeks of december will post their good news by monday

To the rest , lets take venkatesh's suggestion to forget about EC during the weekend and "celebrate life" :wink:

I am fairly sure that no jan applicants have got their results yet ??

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:49 am

err..btw..wht do u mean by EC? lol...I guess I'm having a short term memory loss ;)

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 am

not sure if ur just joking reincarnation - but EC stands for entry clearance
:)

Monday would be day 15 for me :?: :idea: :!:

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:40 am

Vidya, do you by any chance work as an Analyst??

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 am

No Srini , i am a chartered accountant working for in an MNC in the internal audit team

how about you ?

i wonder if lion has gone to the vfs office ....

hope we all get the result by next week.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 am

I also handle audits but of a different sort - Systems and Security:-)

kapilblr
Newly Registered

Post by kapilblr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 am

how long does it take to receive passport via blue dart.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:50 am

Oh come Vidya...dont remind me of that...I wanna be in oblivion with anything connected to EC :P

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 am

:)
Last edited by vidya on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

winmano

Post by winmano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 am

HI Vidya,

You joined this forum on 07 Jul 2005????

Now it 2008....

I think u r the oldest active member of this forum...
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 am

I sound like wht? didnt get you....And wht abt getting offended part...lol..lost you there aswell...so could u pls take efforts to explain...pls...

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 am

got a great doubt..is this day a holiday..i mean will BHC be closed for amavasya and pournami? :P