ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Charges

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biqv
Mood:
India

NHS Charges

Post by biqv » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi

I am on ILR, i am applying spouse visa for my wife who is in India.

I tried paying NHS Surcharges online, but it said £1800/- to be paid after entering details of my ILR.

Can someone advise what to select as spouse visa will max 3 years as far as i know.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Charges

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:09 pm

The NHS surcharge is £600. You should select 'applying alone' and not have entered your details.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks Casa,

but i have mentioned in my application that I am on ILR.

Will that be ok, if i select Apply Alone?

Thanks

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:07 pm

I checked the options, after selecting the 'apply alone'

I couldn't find the Spouse Visa Category in Visa route/Visa type, Can you please advise what to fill?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 pm

biqv wrote:I couldn't find the Spouse Visa Category in Visa route/Visa type, Can you please advise what to fill?
We don't all have access to the IHS system and most of us have ended our journey and have not had to use.

What options does it give you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:58 pm

biqv wrote:I checked the options, after selecting the 'apply alone'

I couldn't find the Spouse Visa Category in Visa route/Visa type, Can you please advise what to fill?

Thanks
-Apply alone
-Settlement
-Wife

Accordiong to this calculator. Should come out to £600
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi

I tried checking the same but when I do, it automatically poping up with the 153000(INR) as I filled the details before.

Can someone advise what to do if I want to refill the fields?

Thanks

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:23 am

i have re created my application, after confirming the application i tried booking the appointment and pay IHS,where it was asking me to enter "whom are you joining with", so i have me and visa expire date.

If i don't mention,i don't see next/submit button. If i enter my visa expire date, it shows me 153000(INR) to pay

please advise

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:14 am

Petaltop wrote:
biqv wrote:I checked the options, after selecting the 'apply alone'

Thanks
-Apply alone
-Settlement
-Wife

Accordiong to this calculator. Should come out to £600
https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type
Your wife shouldn't be 'joining' anyone. She should select 'Apply alone' as advised in the above post. It would also help to post the equivalent in Pounds Stirling.
Members don't necessarily know the conversion rate for all world currencies. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks Casa,

I am filling the personal details online (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk), here i have to fill personal details, appointment booking, IHS Surcharge and Payment for Visa.

where i don't see this "apply alone" option as you mentioned above.

This is where the confusion created and continuing

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:56 am

As I'm unable to log in to the online application process I can't help you beyond what I've already suggested. You're not alone with the confusion...as with most UKVI systems, it's been very poorly thought out.
(Casa, not CR001)

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am

I did the same mistake and end up paying 1965£ which I am still waiting for refund. What u should do is if u are on ILR and when it's ask for are u going to join someone in uk? Leave that section
And don't fill it. And in the end click on the button where it says are the details correct. It will then give u the right NHS few which is 600£+. I called ukvi international helpline and they told me to do it this way which worked. I hope it helps.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks Mate

But i am getting any option to continue without filling these details.

I am not sure if i miss any option there

rookie123
Newly Registered

Post by rookie123 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:19 pm

As a matter for understanding, Non EU spouse of an EEA national (resident in UK), doesnt have to pay for the NHS surcharge?

EEA national is far above minimum Cat 3A.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks Guys

I found the option which shows £600.

One more question- are all accointant and bank statements should be within last 28 days??

As i have nt seen any where in the application that earning proofs for last 12 or 15 months

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

rookie123 wrote:As a matter for understanding, Non EU spouse of an EEA national (resident in UK), doesnt have to pay for the NHS surcharge?

IT'S fee is NOT applicable to non EU spouse of EU citizens (excluding British citizens).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:07 pm

biqv wrote:Thanks Guys

One more question- are all accointant and bank statements should be within last 28 days??

As i have nt seen any where in the application that earning proofs for last 12 or 15 months

Thanks
If you are salaried from the same employer, the last 6 months of pay slips + 6 months of corresponding bank statements. The last ones no older than 28 days prior to submitting the application. You also need a letter from your employer on company letterhead confirming the terms of your employment.
(Casa, not CR001)

rookie123
Newly Registered

Post by rookie123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 am

CR001 wrote:
rookie123 wrote:As a matter for understanding, Non EU spouse of an EEA national (resident in UK), doesnt have to pay for the NHS surcharge?

IT'S fee is NOT applicable to non EU spouse of EU citizens (excluding British citizens).

I understand you are correct but the rule here makes not much sense, Spouse of a UK national has to pay but spouse of an EU national need not pay.

I am kinda understand now the reasons behind Brexit.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 am

Because British nationals have reciprocal free access to health services in other EU states with an EHIC card
(Casa, not CR001)

rookie123
Newly Registered

Post by rookie123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:48 am

Casa wrote:Because British nationals have reciprocal free access to health services in other EU states with an EHIC card
Also non UK spouse of British national?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:04 am

I believe so if the British national is exercising their Treaty rights in the EU state.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:06 am

Casa wrote:Because British nationals have reciprocal free access to health services in other EU states with an EHIC card
I've been told that the EHIC card is really only for visits within EU, in order to gain proper health care locally you need to register or provide CSI.

I'm relocating to Denmark next week, and the Danish authorities are telling me this as I am applying for my Danish CPR as soon as I arrive to entitle me to local healthcare etc.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:42 am

Casa wrote:

Thanks
If you are salaried from the same employer, the last 6 months of pay slips + 6 months of corresponding bank statements. The last ones no older than 28 days prior to submitting the application. You also need a letter from your employer on company letterhead confirming the terms of your employment.
Thanks Casa,

I am working as Contractor, So I am taking Salary and Dividends from my own limited company. Do I need t still submit latest salary & dividend vouchers as I have already sent my documents to India where my accountant has declared my salary and my dividends from July-2015 to June 2016.

If it is mandatory, what if I don't work in last 2 months?

Can you pleas advise, if I can manage in any way

Thanks in advance.

biqv
Mood:
India

Post by biqv » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:45 am

Casa wrote:

Thanks
Thanks Casa,

I am working as Contractor, So I am taking Salary and Dividends from my own limited company. Do I need t still submit latest salary & dividend vouchers as I have already sent my documents to India where my accountant has declared my salary and my dividends from July-2015 to June 2016.

If it is mandatory, what if I don't work in last 2 months?

Can you pleas advise, if I can manage in any way

also, can you please advise what to mention in Employer Letter?

Thanks in advance.