ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave SET(O) Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bestman16
Newly Registered

Post by Bestman16 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 am

Hello everyone,
Please I want to ask if I can use the premium service for my indefinite leave to remain. I got different information and I want to be sure before I go ahead.
I first got my discretionary leave to remain in November 2009 for 3 years.
I re applied in 2012 and my application took more than a year before I was granted another 3 years
My wife is British and two kids are British as well.
I will complete my 6 years in November 2016 but I want to know if I can use the premium service.
Also want to know if something I can do myself or I will need a lawyer to help with the forms and supporting letter.
Please I will need a honest advice
Thanks

Pillar

Re: ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave SET(O) Form

Post by Pillar » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:23 am

Yes, you can use the premium service centre.
If you are confident in filling out the SET(O) form, you can do it yourself.

Most of the sections within the form will be irrelevant to you and don't need to fill in as you are applying for settlement after 6 years DLR.

However, it's always better to double check to avoid any errors.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:08 am

It might be worth reading below.

You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection unless:

you’re applying under the transitional arrangements to extend your discretionary leave after 3 years
you’re applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service

Pillar

Post by Pillar » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:20 am

He was initially granted DLR for 3 years in 2009.
So the application for his ILR will be dealt under the TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS.
So no need to worry about the new rules which the Home Office implemented in July 2012.

You won't need a Life in the UK test either.
Your case sounds straight forward too. So you will be okay going to the premium service centre instead of having to wait for months. Just make sure you have all the documents and the form is filled correctly. You will be okay.

Bestman16
Newly Registered

Post by Bestman16 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:54 pm

Thank you so much. I am relieve now. I will do premium because I cannot afford to wait for months again.
My other question is that how long do I have to wait after ILR before I can naturalise?

Bestman16
Newly Registered

Post by Bestman16 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:56 pm

I want to also ask if anyone can give me a rough idea how the covering letter should look like. I will be grateful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

Bestman16 wrote:Thank you so much. I am relieve now. I will do premium because I cannot afford to wait for months again.
My other question is that how long do I have to wait after ILR before I can naturalise?
You can apply for citizenship as soon as you have ILR and have your BRP card. This is only the case because you are married to a British citizen. The residence requirement for this route is 3 years and you must have been physically present in the UK exactly on the same corresponding date 3 years ago on the date you apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

Bestman16 wrote:I want to also ask if anyone can give me a rough idea how the covering letter should look like. I will be grateful
You don't need a covering letter. The form asks for all the relevant information that HO needs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bestman16
Newly Registered

Post by Bestman16 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi all,
I come across this part "7.5 Have you or any dependants applying with you had any UK court judgment against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?
I had point on my driving licence for minor accident
Do I need to include this on my application
There is also default on my catalogue account
Do I need to include this also?
Please can somebody help me ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 pm

They should be declared.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bluebird
Newly Registered

Post by bluebird » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Casa wrote:They should be declared.
How did it go, did you get it?