ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum Salary Requirements for Fresh Graduates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prithamd
Newly Registered

Minimum Salary Requirements for Fresh Graduates

Post by prithamd » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 am

Hello.
I am currently a Postgraduate student with my visa valid till about January 2017.
I have had an offer from a employer who was not on the Sponsor List but was willing to go through the process of getting a license and sponsoring me. However, external help that they employed advised that the required salary to employ a non-EU person would be around £27k. As I do not qualify for this, the employer has now withdrawn my offer.

Having checked the official website, there is only a mention of a £20,800 minimum requirement. Further digging suggested that there would be a spike in the minimum requirement to £25k in Autumn 2016 and then £30k in April 2017. However, some sources claim that this increase is not valid for fresher positions as is stated on this statement https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... 4/HCWS660/ made by the MoS for Immigration

Any clarity on this matter would be tremendously helpful.

Many thanks in advance.