ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension or EEA (FM)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akkke
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension or EEA (FM)

Post by akkke » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Respected Gurus,
First of all let me thank you for your valuable time. I wanted to request urgent advise on my upcoming extension. I have been in the UK now for 9 years and 1 month (continuous legal stay no refusals), previously as student and then switched to Tier 2 general in 2013. We had a compliance visit earlier this year and now my employers sponsorship was suspended in June 2016, and most certainly licence will be revoked so wont be able to extend my visa from my current employer.I have an offer from my current employers sister company which holds a licence and they are happy to go through the necessary RLMT and application process once everything goes fine i will be issued a COS. However, I am a bit apprehensive regarding HO raising the pre-selection question and thus not sure regarding this!
I am currently in an ongoing relationship with my Girlfriend (EEA national, working full time since day one for 2 years) for over a year and was planning to get married later this year. My current situation means I might have to forward the wedding as I might be eligible to apply for EEA (fm) application after marriage? so can someone please advise if i should go down the tier 2 switch employer route (expensive and risky) or the EEA (fm) route cheap and time consuming?
Also is it possible to register for the marriage and at the same time apply for tier 2 switch? If in case the application for tier 2 is refused can i still apply for EEA (fm) after marriage or will HO raise the marriage-of-convenience question?
Many thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 Extension or EEA (FM)

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 pm

It's a valid option.
Noone can really say its best for you. Only you will know that.
You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace.
Yoda

The burden of proof is on HO to prove a moc. So if your marriage is genuine that should not be an issue.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

akkke
Newly Registered

Post by akkke » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:50 am

Thank you Legend.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:58 am

noajthan wrote:The burden of proof is on HO to prove a moc. So if your marriage is genuine that should not be an issue.
There may be a problem, if they just initially declare, possibly without proof, that the marriage is one of convenience.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akkke
Newly Registered

Post by akkke » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Vinny. Suppose if they do reject would I not be able to appeal with all the proofs that the marriage is genuine and not a MOC?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:16 am

You may appeal, but unfortunately, it's an out-of-country appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.