ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM biometric in USA process change

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lincoln123
Newly Registered

UKM biometric in USA process change

Post by Lincoln123 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I am in the process of applying for citizenship by decent British Mother before 1983. I received my email of acknowledgment (July 19)however I had expected a letter requesting biometrics. Instead, I received an email that went into my junk email and I found quite by accident. The process seems to have changed and an office in NY makes the biometric appointment for you. The purpose of my post is to inform people that the process seems to have changed and to ask if there is a time limit on the biometric - the email sent from liverpool does not indicate a time limit for getting biometrics. I found the email and sent my information to NY for an appointment on August 11. Is anyone familiar with this process? Is this delay going to impact my UKM application?
Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UKM biometric in USA process change

Post by ohara » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:49 am

UKVI do not even begin to consider your application until you have enrolled biometric information.

I expect there will be some more fine tuning of the biometric process. I believe it is relatively new to the USA (previously you had to go to Canada or Mexico).

Lincoln123
Newly Registered

Post by Lincoln123 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am waiting for the biometric appointment that will kick off the UKM British by Decent process. I was wondering if anyone else out there is familiar with the process and the time it takes for the UKM New York office to make an biometric appointment for applicants. I am also wondering if the biometric appointment letter comes in the post or via email.
Thanks

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 pm

It took me a week from the time I was advised to set up the appointment to completing the biometric appointment. (UKM application, NY area)

Lincoln123
Newly Registered

Post by Lincoln123 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:40 pm

They are advising me that I am not to set up my own appointment but that they will set it up. How long does it take the office in NY to set up a biometric appointment? I am located in St Paul.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:14 pm

I had to pick out the Application Support Centre in the USA from a provided URL. I then sent an email to a provided email address, they then set up the appointment. From start to finish was one week.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Just got my original docs back with the approval letter! Three months from the day I mailed it.

Lincoln123
Newly Registered

Post by Lincoln123 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks for the input. A week is certainly a very reasonable time. Does anyone have input on how long it takes from biometric to approval letter?