ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form An Questions Urgent help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjm9691

Form An Questions Urgent help

Post by mjm9691 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:08 am

We family of 4 (5 years + 1 year ILR) are applying for naturalisation in about 10 ten days via NCS please clarify the following:

1. Do I tick YES in 6.11 (Do you want the home office to retain your BRP) I confirm that I do not require evidence of my immigration status......... and NO in the next box of 6.11 ?

2. Presently I am not in employment, never been self employed and have written not employed in 1.45 and left blank till 1.49 I have had 2 part time jobs during the last 10 years period asked for which I have mentioned details of employer and dates in 1.50 and not sending any payslips, p45/p60 etc as they have not been asked for in the checklist and the AN guidance for sending the required supporting documents,, is that correct ? although AN guidance 1.48- 1.50 on page 8 is confusing me?

noajthan

Re: Form An Questions Urgent help

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:40 pm

mjm9691 wrote:We family of 4 (5 years + 1 year ILR) are applying for naturalisation in about 10 ten days via NCS please clarify the following:

1. Do I tick YES in 6.11 (Do you want the home office to retain your BRP) I confirm that I do not require evidence of my immigration status......... and NO in the next box of 6.11 ?

2. Presently I am not in employment, never been self employed and have written not employed in 1.45 and left blank till 1.49 I have had 2 part time jobs during the last 10 years period asked for which I have mentioned details of employer and dates in 1.50 and not sending any payslips, p45/p60 etc as they have not been asked for in the checklist and the AN guidance for sending the required supporting documents,, is that correct ? although AN guidance 1.48- 1.50 on page 8 is confusing me?
1) Up to you. Re-read the question and decide which option you will choose.

2) The form is poorly designed and has to cater for all sorts of applicants and all sorts of scenarios.
The guidance and website are not the law.
Do not expect joined-up thinking.

AN guidance 1.48-1.50 on page 8 is a recently introduced requirement. Probably best to follow it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:29 pm

But the checklist in form and supporting documents as mentioned in AN guide do not say to send payslips etc etc so why would one send extra documents which are not mentioned to send ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:49 am

mjm9691 wrote:But the checklist in form and supporting documents as mentioned in AN guide do not say to send payslips etc etc so why would one send extra documents which are not mentioned to send ?
Because, as you yourself have noticed, the requirements have evidently been tightened up but not all the instructions have been updated.

Didn't I mention the lack of joined-up thinking?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.