ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More then 20 hours

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

never
United Kingdom

More then 20 hours

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:58 am

My question is I came to uk on student visa 2006 and work is allowed only 20 hours but went to university as well but I work more then 20 hours as well is it will affect my application as I got my record of NI and its shows that my employer pay there NI contribution as well any suggestion should I wait so that period will not cover in last ten years

Awaiting reply

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: More then 20 hours

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:03 am

Working in excess of the permitted 20 hours is likely to result in refusal and may even affect your ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:11 am

Casa wrote:Working in excess of the permitted 20 hours is likely to result in refusal and may even affect your ILR.
Thanks for reply

How Ho came to know that I work more then 20 hours because I m also allow work more when there is no term time and some time I took letter from university as well that I can work more because term time is off and I also consult with my accountant and he told me that in 2006 employer never ever mention the hours of the employe they only submit the tax return at the end of the year

Sorry I m just asking

Can u explain please

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 am

The employer may not have stated the hours worked, but if the HO calculate the estimated hourly rate from the annual pay and it is way above what would be expected from part-time work (even allowing for the holiday period) it will flag up as working in excess of the permitted 20 hours p.w.
It probably depends on how many hours you worked in excess during term time.
Also be aware that the HO can call the employer to check the terms of employment
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Casa wrote:The employer may not have stated the hours worked, but if the HO calculate the estimated hourly rate from the annual pay and it is way above what would be expected from part-time work (even allowing for the holiday period) it will flag up as working in excess of the permitted 20 hours p.w.
It probably depends on how many hours you worked in excess during term time.
Also be aware that the HO can call the employer to check the terms of employment
thanks for reply

it means HO can ban me for ten years ?

Awaiting ur reply

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:43 pm

never wrote:
Casa wrote:Working in excess of the permitted 20 hours is likely to result in refusal and may even affect your ILR.
Thanks for reply

How Ho came to know that I work more then 20 hours because I m also allow work more when there is no term time and some time I took letter from university as well that I can work more because term time is off and I also consult with my accountant and he told me that in 2006 employer never ever mention the hours of the employe they only submit the tax return at the end of the year

Sorry I m just asking

Can u explain please
You also sign a legally-binding Declaration vouching for the integrity of the information and evidence you submit in the application.
This is includes not suppressing material facts - such as work.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:46 pm

noajthan wrote:
never wrote:
Thanks for reply

Sorry I m just asking

Can u explain please
You also sign a legally-binding Declaration vouching for the integrity of the information and evidence you submit in the application.
This is includes not suppressing material facts - such as work.

it means HO can ban me for next ten years ?

Awaiting ur reply

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:32 pm

never wrote:it means HO can ban me for next ten years ?

Awaiting ur reply
Making a false Declaration on a visa/naturalisation application can result in legal consequences.

Breach of UK immigration rules can result in a 10 year ban from applying for naturalistion.

I cannot say if any of this applies to you at the moment.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:07 pm

noajthan wrote:
never wrote:it means HO can ban me for next ten years ?

Awaiting ur reply
Making a false Declaration on a visa/naturalisation application can result in legal consequences.

Breach of UK immigration rules can result in a 10 year ban from applying for naturalistion.

I cannot say if any of this applies to you at the moment.

Thanks for reply how I can confirm that work more then 20 hours I m sure only work after the term time is there any way to confirm the hours I contact to the employer he said they don't hv any record more then 5 years is there any way I can find out might be I m not sure because I never ever try to breach any law , I got NI history is showing my only NI contributions from the employer any suggestion please

Seating ur reply

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Surely you must have an idea of how many hours you were working? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Casa wrote:Surely you must have an idea of how many hours you were working? :?
I hv no idea really so that's why is there any way I can find out
Please can u guide me

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:22 pm

You admit to have done more than 20 hours during holidays and off-term times when a student is(in your case was) allowed for more than 20 hrs work.
following above you can conclude it yourself that you have not been in breach of immigration law why are you worrying for then ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:24 pm

never wrote:
Casa wrote:Surely you must have an idea of how many hours you were working? :?
I hv no idea really so that's why is there any way I can find out
Please can u guide me
You need to up your game and take responsibility for your application. Contact employer!

It is the applicant's responsibility to provide adequate and reliable (and truthful) evidence to back an application.
It's not good enough to just sit tight and hope for the best and/or hope HO doesn't 'catch them out'.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 pm

tiredoftiers wrote:You admit to have done more than 20 hours during holidays and off-term times when a student is(in your case was) allowed for more than 20 hrs work.
following above you can conclude it yourself that you have not been in breach of immigration law why are you worrying for then ?
Because in holidays I do crazy hours so that's why I m saying might be Ho add all the hours and divide into weeks
I remember when there is holiday I always get the letter from university and give to my employer

This why I m more concern

Like you do 80 hours in a month during the studies

And in holidays u do 250 hours

So if HO add all that then they might Ho thought I hv done more hours

I hope it will clear all the confusion

Any suggestion about this

Awaiting ur reply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:04 pm

This is why you should keep all payslips and P60's etc.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Like Noajthan suggested you should have evidences in hand but
provision of it to UKVI is only when they ask you for it . you do not have to volunteer this information in the application form because there could many more be other factors(you cannot think) they might need clarifications on you have identified only one

you should ask your employer to provide you with whatever you feel like can justify that you did not do more than allowed hours, working well over than a normal full time hours was to do with your health and capacity as long as it was your decision. if your employer made you do this without your agreement they have made you do this illegally and against (their duty of care &) health and safety

best of my understanding on this, secure yourself evidences from employer that can include their written refusals if they refuse to entertain your request for whatever reasons and in case UKVI wrote back to you regarding this

bottom line is be confident if you have not done that you should not have done
hope it goes well for you

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:47 pm

tiredoftiers wrote:Like Noajthan suggested you should have evidences in hand but
provision of it to UKVI is only when they ask you for it . you do not have to volunteer this information in the application form because there could many more be other factors(you cannot think) they might need clarifications on you have identified only one

you should ask your employer to provide you with whatever you feel like can justify that you did not do more than allowed hours, working well over than a normal full time hours was to do with your health and capacity as long as it was your decision. if your employer made you do this without your agreement they have made you do this illegally and against (their duty of care &) health and safety

best of my understanding on this, secure yourself evidences from employer that can include their written refusals if they refuse to entertain your request for whatever reasons and in case UKVI wrote back to you regarding this

bottom line is be confident if you have not done that you should not have done
hope it goes well for you
I hv employer letters in which is mention that I m part time employer
I think so it will help me if there is any problem

Any way thanks for all who reply my post

syedaliuk

Post by syedaliuk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:27 pm

deleted

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:01 pm

syedaliuk wrote:deleted

What u mean by this deleted ????

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Excuse me for jumping in, I also came as student and remained student during 2004 to 2007. I worked part time during 2005-2007 but my hourly wages were around £ 20/hour, when minimum wages were around £ 5.30/hour.
I was also given yearly bounce of around £ 1000 for my good work. So how would HO assess I was part-time worker if they can only see taxes?

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:12 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:
Excuse me for jumping in, I also came as student and remained student during 2004 to 2007. I worked part time during 2005-2007 but my hourly wages were around £ 20/hour, when minimum wages were around £ 5.30/hour.
I was also given yearly of around bounce for my good work. So how would HO assess I was part-time worker if they can only see taxes?

That's I m also thinking I hv only one letter which the employer give me that I m part time employe rest I don't hv any p60 or any wage slip I rang to the employer he said he don't hv any record they destroy all the record only kept last 6 years

And senior please can u explain other wise I will wait one year and don't want to risk is really difficult to explosion. To the Ho
Let's see ......

GEGE_OO

Post by GEGE_OO » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm

never wrote:
GEGE_OO wrote:
I was also given yearly of around bounce for my good work. So how would HO assess I was part-time worker if they can only see taxes?

That's I m also thinking I hv only one letter which the employer give me that I m part time employe rest I don't hv any p60 or any wage slip I rang to the employer he said he don't hv any record they destroy all the record only kept last 6 years

And senior please can u explain other wise I will wait one year and don't want to risk is really difficult to explosion. To the Ho
Let's see ......
Well I have p60 and also letter from my employer saying that my wages were 20/hour and was part time employed, but the company has stopped business. Anyway I don think is a serious thing.
I also also paid for travelling but I don have any proof though that is not that much money.

never
United Kingdom

Post by never » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Then I I think so u not need to worry you are ok I Ho ask u then u can send the proof that's all