ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa VAF4A form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrere

Spouse visa VAF4A form

Post by Mrere » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi there,

I am a bit confused about the form format when applying for a spouse visa for my wife in Jordan using the VAF4A application form, can we apply online or it has to be done on a hard copy format! We are preparing to submit the application soon.

Thanks for advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa VAF4A form

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:28 pm

As far as I can see, it is online, see link below.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrere

Post by Mrere » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:As far as I can see, it is online, see link below.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply
Thank you very much for your response.
I have clicked the link provided, just wanted to clarify that the spouse visa is the same as the Marriage visitor visa on the website?

Please guys let me know.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 pm

A marriage visit visa is not the same as a spouse visa.

Marriage visit visa costs roughly £80, is valid for 6 months, the holder is not permitted to work and then the holder has to leave the UK before it expires. The purpose of this visa is to get married in the UK.

A spouse settlement visa is a 33 month visa and costs £1195 plus the £600 immigration health surcharge fee.

Assuming your wife is joining you to LIVE and WORK in the UK, it is a spouse settlement visa she needs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrere

Post by Mrere » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:58 pm

CR001 wrote:A marriage visit visa is not the same as a spouse visa.

Marriage visit visa costs roughly £80, is valid for 6 months, the holder is not permitted to work and then the holder has to leave the UK before it expires. The purpose of this visa is to get married in the UK.

A spouse settlement visa is a 33 month visa and costs £1195 plus the £600 immigration health surcharge fee.

Assuming your wife is joining you to LIVE and WORK in the UK, it is a spouse settlement visa she needs.
Thanks again for clarifying this.
When I registered an account on the visa4uk website it displayed this message

Welcome to the Visa4UK service, you can apply for a UK visa using this service if you’re an applicant who is not currently in the UK.

Register for an account using the 'Register an Account' button below to begin your application.

We are currently updating our online visa application service. You may be able to apply using the new service if you are applying for a:

- Standard Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- 1 month Permitted Paid Engagements visa

So I assume I have to wait until the website had been updated.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:09 pm

This message was displayed when hubby recently completed his spouse visa application, I think you have the option to select the correct visa when you start completing the form.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:09 am

Just so I understand a bit better, you are married and want your wife to apply to be with you in the UK? If that is the case then the visa option for your wife would be - Settlement - Settlement - Wife. I opened my account late July and completed my application last Thursday and all went through fine for a Marriage Visa.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:13 am

He means spouse visa as opposed to marriage visit visa.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.