ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

EEA PR application

Post by Jade78uk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:23 am

Good morning everyone,

I am new to this, so please be kind :)

I am a Danish citizen having worked here for 5 years with no gaps.
I posted my EEA PR application one week ago ( 08082016 ) by first class, although on royal mail tracking site it was stuck and I couldn't track it.
I spoke to the home office who advised me to check your credit card to see if they've taken the fee of £65. Day after EUR Liverpool took £65 so I know they've received it. Great here it begins.

I have submitted:

* Passport
* Employment contract for the last 5 years
* 2 forms of utility bills for the last 5 years ( Bank statements, counsil tax )
* Cover letter
* 2 Passport pictures
* Application itself
* Part time student from last year, included proof of Law studies, applying as a worker though

I've lived in UK for abit more than 5 years, its my home and I want to feel safe hence Im applying, especially after we are going to leave EU eventually.

I am feeling anxious, does anybody know what y chances might be?

Thank you all, and have a wonderful Monday morning,

noajthan

Re: EEA PR APPLICATION

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:39 am

Welcome.
Your post moved to correct forum (EEA).

Dealing with HO makes you feel 'alive' doesn't it.

Chances: fairly good.

You could have included P60s, sample payslips.
For residence: voter registration and/or medical letters (health authority/doctor/dentist/optician); driver's license; insurance letters (house/car).

You can see how caseworker will assess your case here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

britkiwi

Re: EEA PR application

Post by britkiwi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:18 am

Can I ask how you sent the application in- how did you present it?

I was wondering how you presented the documentation- eg did you break down the section for employment and residence into years and present it like that to make it clear for the case worker?

I was just wondering as I'm about to send mine in -hopefully in the next week or so.

Thanks

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Post by Jade78uk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 am

Hi, britkiwi

I sent in the application by post class reg signed for next day, and the same pre-paid for when they return my docs.

I started from the top with my application and all documents in the back. Wrote cover letter why I qualify, and just sent it off.

In terms of employment I used a separate letter with breakdown of employer, dates, salary, year etc.

I think I have posted 600 pages off in total. I am feeling right sacred in case its refused.

Where are you from and how long have you been there, are you working????

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:13 am

Sounds very similar to how I've broken it all down !

I'm from NZ and have been here 16 years but have a German passport so in light of Brexit I'm applying for PR and then eventually citizenship.

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Post by Jade78uk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:33 am

britkiwi:

I totally understand where you are coming from, I didnt think I would feel like this.
Been in UK for years, have my friend and work, me house and all.

If I had to leave I would be leaving my home, and going back to where Im org from would no longer be home.

This whole Brexit campaign immigrants were talked about and dicussed, but no one ever talk to us, only about us.

Feel right vulnerable to dont know where I stand.

britkiwi

Post by britkiwi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:13 pm

I hear you on all counts.

Been here 16 years and this Brexit business feels like a kick in the teeth. Paid my way all this time and now this.

I'm not keen to take on British Citizenship but I may not have a choice- I could not go for it and they change the rules with free movement or not or I could wait and see- but I'm not willing to leave it to chance as I married my husband 3.5 years ago and we have a child together so there is too much at risk to just wait and see.

Though, I do resent having to go through this farce that is Permanent Residency - in the 'old days' you could apply for residency and citizenship at the same time.

Good luck with your application, I'm hoping mine will go through without any hassle !