ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult British Passport (question)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

member777

First Adult British Passport (question)

Post by member777 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:51 am

Hi members,
I'm applying for the First Adult British Passport, and need to ask few things. It will be very helpful for me if somebody can give the answers of my questions.

1) Section3: "A Has the person in section 2 had any sort of passport (British or otherwise) or been included in any passport before?" I have my Asian passport only. Should I say Yes or No? And Should I send my Asian passport along with this application?

2) Section4: Do I have to put the details about my both side Grandparents (from mother side + from father side) ?
3) Section4: No body knows the date of births and marriage date of my Grandparents, what I should do then? My parents know only their names and places of birth.

looking forward for the help,

thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: First Adult British Passport (question)

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:54 am

member777 wrote:Hi members,
I'm applying for the First Adult British Passport, and need to ask few things. It will be very helpful for me if somebody can give the answers of my questions.

1) Section3: "A Has the person in section 2 had any sort of passport (British or otherwise) or been included in any passport before?" I have my Asian passport only. Should I say Yes or No? And Should I send my Asian passport along with this application?

2) Section4: Do I have to put the details about my both side Grandparents (from mother side + from father side) ?
3) Section4: No body knows the date of births and marriage date of my Grandparents, what I should do then? My parents know only their names and places of birth.

looking forward for the help,

thanks in advance.
1) Yes and Yes.

2) If you can.
Put "Not Known" if not known.

The information is not used if you have been naturalised but it gives something to talk about in your passport interview.

3) See #2
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

member777

Post by member777 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 am

that's what I understood as well, but the Guide according to this Youtube clip, says something different. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It says that "Cross NO on section 3, as You are applying for first British passport" . What would you say about it?

confusing

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:19 am

member777 wrote:that's what I understood as well, but the Guide according to this Youtube clip, says something different. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It says that "Cross NO on section 3, as You are applying for first British passport" . What would you say about it?

confusing
I would say YouTube is great if you like cute kittens.

ignore random unofficial videos from YouTube and kindly refrain from posting such links here.

After all "British or otherwise" is very clear. HMPO want to see who you are and how many identities you may possess.

member777

Post by member777 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:29 am

thanks for the help. I would send my Asian passport now, along with my application.

Could you please tell me that how I should write the details about Grandparents?

for example

"Mother's Mother name : xxxx
Mother's Father name : xxxx
"

or

"Grandmother's name (from Mother side) : xxxxx
Grandfather's name (from Mother side) : xxxxx
"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:32 am

If you have been naturalised, you DO NOT need to write grandparents names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

member777

Post by member777 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 am

excellent Sir

Yes, I'm Naturalised ,
so can I leave/skip the additional information completely "section 8" (about the grandparents) ????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:30 pm

member777 wrote:excellent Sir

Yes, I'm Naturalised ,
so can I leave/skip the additional information completely "section 8" (about the grandparents) ????
I am a 'Miss' not a 'Sir' :wink:

Yes you can leave it blank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

member777

Post by member777 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:33 pm

ooo sorry :?

Thanks Miss :) ,

just a quick one and last one please,

could you please tell me that what documents I should have to send along with my First Adult British Passport application?

1) Application Form
2) 2 passport size photos of mine
3) My Asian Passport
4) ?
5) ?
and what more please?

Thanks very much in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Page 12/13 of the guidance notes clearly lists what you need to send if applying for passport through naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Naturalisation certificate would be a good thing to send too.

member777

Post by member777 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:36 pm

I read that people are getting text messages as a confirmation of receiving the application from IPS, after about 2 to 3 days of sending the application.

I send through post office "passport check and send" service on 20th August. And today was 25th Aug and I still have not received any text message. What I should do? Should do more wait?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:43 pm

member777 wrote:I read that people are getting text messages as a confirmation of receiving the application from IPS, after about 2 to 3 days of sending the application.

I send through post office "passport check and send" service on 20th August. And today was 25th Aug and I still have not received any text message. What I should do? Should do more wait?
Sit tight.
Dont fret.

It will arrive as it has been sent by C&S - that's what you paid for.

You can track with your PO receipt barcode anyway.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 pm

IPS has not existed for over 3 years. British passports are now processed by HMPO.

I'm not sure why so many naturalised citizens use check & send anyway. We probably have the easiest application of anyone in terms of documents which are required (unlike British by descent people who have to send in grandparents birth certificates, marriage certificates etc :shock:)

I applied online and had my passport in 2 weeks. Never got any text messages.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm

ohara wrote:IPS has not existed for over 3 years. British passports are now processed by HMPO.

I'm not sure why so many naturalised citizens use check & send anyway. We probably have the easiest application of anyone in terms of documents which are required (unlike British by descent people who have to send in grandparents birth certificates, marriage certificates etc :shock:)

I applied online and had my passport in 2 weeks. Never got any text messages.
I used the "Check and Send" service as well because of this topic. I wasn't sure but confused which one is better. I've thought if I use a similar service like the NCS where they check my application before I send and they send it by special delivery, so it should be fine. Also the online solution says it's still in beta... Maybe I was wrong and I've chosen the wrong one... I have a same situation like @member777 has. I've sent it on 22/08, but still no SMS confirmation...

I don't mind if it's slow, because I'm not in hurry anyway... the only frustrating thing is that I don't know where are my documents. It's lost or not?! I can call the HMPO only after 3 weeks with the barcode.
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.