ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Payment Confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adviceme
Newly Registered

IHS Payment Confusion

Post by adviceme » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Friends,
Need some advice on the IHS payment. I am currently in UK on a ICT Long term which comes to an end by 14Sep2016. My wife has been offered a job and currently awaiting CoS. If we get through the CoS, we will be returning back to my home country India and making a fresh application for her Tier 2 General. I have the following query:

1. For IHS payment is there any start date ? If yes, then what dates should i provide here
2. Can i pay the IHS using UK debit card in India ? ( instead of me transferring the money from here to india and then paying in INR)
3. Can i pay the Visa fees in GBP ? i.e again using the UK debit card ?

Appreciate any help on this topic.

Thanks

adviceme
Newly Registered

Re: IHS Payment Confusion

Post by adviceme » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 am

Please can anyone guide me on this ?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:21 pm

adviceme wrote:Friends,
Need some advice on the IHS payment. I am currently in UK on a ICT Long term which comes to an end by 14Sep2016. My wife has been offered a job and currently awaiting CoS. If we get through the CoS, we will be returning back to my home country India and making a fresh application for her Tier 2 General. I have the following query:

1. For IHS payment is there any start date ? If yes, then what dates should i provide here
Start date Should be the same date mention on COS ( start date )
2. Can i pay the IHS using UK debit card in India ? ( instead of me transferring the money from here to india and then paying in INR)
Yes you can pay by UK Debit card but keep in mind that your bank will charge you for currency conversion charges
3. Can i pay the Visa fees in GBP ? i.e again using the UK debit card ?
When I've Applied in 2015 then that option is available but recently one of my friend applied from home country but they charge in home country currency rather than in Pound, ( note he paid the IHS through his UK Debit Card ) = IHS payment + Bank currency conversion charges

Appreciate any help on this topic.

Thanks

adviceme
Newly Registered

Post by adviceme » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

Thank you Sunn007.

Just wondering if i made the IHS payment online one then do you still think i will be charged currency conversion charges ?

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:48 am

adviceme wrote:Thank you Sunn007.

Just wondering if i made the IHS payment online one then do you still think i will be charged currency conversion charges ?

regards
Yes, if you are paying with a UK debit card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:17 am

adviceme wrote:Thank you Sunn007.

regards
Yes , if you are paying by UK card

adviceme
Newly Registered

Post by adviceme » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:39 am

Thank you Sunny007 & CR007 !!