ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR without a helpful parent?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasonoz
Newly Registered

FBR without a helpful parent?

Post by jasonoz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 am

Hi,

I have everything I need to send in an application to be placed on the FBR except my Father's identification. The requirement is to provide a certified copy of his id (e.g. driving license or passport) or his death certificate (if he were dead).

My Father is alive (fortunately) but not compliant (unfortunately). He lives overseas in Thailand and a recent interaction with him has convinced me that he is not willing to assist by getting a stamped copy of his passport sent to me.

Am I stuck? Do I have to wait until he unfortunately dies? Do I have any options? I was thinking of ringing Ireland but I am really not sure what number to call (I think they hide it to discourage calls). They did not answer a query I sent through to their online form.

any help appreciated, thank you!
Jason

Wavey

Re: FBR without a helpful parent?

Post by Wavey » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:18 pm

I'd recommend calling the Embassy that you'll need to send your application to.

I was lucky enough to have all the documents I needed to send mine away.

They may allow for other evidence because not everyone currently holds a passport so surely there is a fall back for that?

W