ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Tier2 to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saranya
Newly Registered

ICT Tier2 to ILR

Post by Saranya » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:57 pm

My husband came to UK in Sep 2010 in a Tier2 ICT (established Staff visa). Since then his visa has been renewed by the sponsor. He has the current visa valid until Sep 2018. He did not take any break more than 25 days during this period. Is he eligible for ILR? It is a bit urgent, I would be so grateful if someone could give me some guidance on this.

Thanks

Saranya
Newly Registered

Re: ICT Tier2 to ILR

Post by Saranya » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:10 pm

I understood that my husband have not had a visa before Apr 2010. So we could not get ILR. But is there a way we can get ILR? How many years we need to spend in UK to get a ILR?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Option 1: You find a job in a company in UK who is ready to sponsor your Tier 2 General visa. You can move to Tier 2(G) visa and your husband can become your dependent. You can then apply for ILR after 5 years (as per current rules).

Option 2: Your husband finds a sponsor who is ready to sponsor his Tier 2 General visa. However, he will be subject to a cool-off of 12 months outside UK before he can apply for a T2 (G) visa.

Saranya
Newly Registered

Post by Saranya » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 pm

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Option 1 would be more feasible. My current employer might be able to give me Tier 2 General. I discussed about it with them. But my HR mentioned that I need to go back to my home country to get the Tier 2 General visa and It may take up to 5 months, so she didn't want to do that now. Was she right? I am from India.

One of my husband's friend mentioned that if my husband continues with his current visa for another 4 years, he would have completed 10 years, then he can get an ILR. Is that wrong?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:28 pm

moonlight55 wrote:Option 1: You find a job in a company in UK who is ready to sponsor your Tier 2 General visa. You can move to Tier 2(G) visa and your husband can become your dependent. You can then apply for ILR after 5 years (as per current rules).

Option 2: Your husband finds a sponsor who is ready to sponsor his Tier 2 General visa. However, he will be subject to a cool-off of 12 months outside UK before he can apply for a T2 (G) visa.
Since the OP's husband had leave on Tier 2 ICT prior to April 2011 he can switch(IN country - no cool off) to Tier 2 General if he finds a Tier 2 General sponsor

Read through the FAQs

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98916.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:42 pm

Option 1 would be more feasible. My current employer might be able to give me Tier 2 General. I discussed about it with them. But my HR mentioned that I need to go back to my home country to get the Tier 2 General visa and It may take up to 5 months, so she didn't want to do that now. Was she right? I am from India.
-- Yes, you need to go back to your home country to switch to Tier 2 G from T2G dependent.
One of my husband's friend mentioned that if my husband continues with his current visa for another 4 years, he would have completed 10 years, then he can get an ILR. Is that wrong?
-- Yes, if his employer ready to sponsor him for another 4 years and once he completes 10 years, he can apply for ILR through 10 years route.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks poper for correcting. I forgot the 1 year period in-between.

@Saranya: For option 2, there is no cool-off and your husband can switch into Tier 2 (G) from UK itself if he finds another sponsor. Also, as you mentioned, he can also continue in his current visa for 10 years and apply for ILR under 10 year route. This may be the best option provided his company is ready to continue his sponsorship.