ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa - Points and attributes

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General Visa - Points and attributes

Post by Rooney the saviour » Tue May 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Dear all,

I posted this as a new topic as I am not getting any response from my previous thread.

The actual topic with all the details is here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1346974

I have submitted my tier 2 general application form yesterday and booked an appointment next week. However, I have same queries regarding the point based system and I need guidance please.

While filling up the form, there was a question 'What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?' to which I replied as my Degree certificate. Now my bachelor's degree certificate was awarded from an Indian Technical University and the medium was English. Do I need to obtain a letter from UK NARIC which confirms that my qualification is equivalent to UK bachelor’s level or higher and taught in English?

Worth mentioning, in the policy guidelines, I have found the below:

156.You will be awarded 10 points for English language if you are applying for leave to remain
under Tier 2 (General) and you have previously been granted entry clearance, leave to
enter or leave to remain in any of the following categories:
 a Jewish Agency Employee,
 a Member of the Operational Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline,
 a Minister of Religion, Missionary or Member of a Religious Order,
 a Qualifying Work Permit Holder,
 a Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation
AND you have not been granted leave in any other category other than Tier 2 (General), Tier
2 (Intra- Company Transfer)
and those listed above under the Rules in place since 28
November 2008.

Since I am already in Tier 2 ICT and working in Uk since November 2010, do I still need the letter from NARIC?

Your feedback will be extremely helpful.

Best regards,
Rooney

Rooney the saviour
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 General Visa - Application Successful!!

Post by Rooney the saviour » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Dear all,

I am happy to let you all know that my application was successful and I was issued the T2G visa same day. I have already joined my new organization and working there since end of june. Many thanks to all the kind hearts who shared their knowledge and guided me through this process.

Kind regards,
Rooney