ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents return request - Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Documents return request - Help!

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:20 am

Hi,
I'm polish and I've been here for over 11 years. I've applied for permanent residency end of May under EEA regulations. I meant travel to US last Monday (15th August) but my document still hasn't arrived. Also I can't get a refund for the trip and still want to pay for new ticket and go..that's if I get my passport this week but I'm losing hope :-( Can someone please advice me who I can contact or what to do?

Application sent: 29th May 2016
Money taken: 2nd June 2016
1st request online: on the 27th June 2016
2nd request online: 21st July 2016
3rd request (UKVI contact center on 03001232253): 4th August 2016
Email received from HO: 8th August 2016 that 'My request has been passed to appropriate team for action and I'll receive my documents shortly'
4th request (call center): 11th August 2016
12th August 2016; phone call received from 'No Caller ID'. I was told that nothing has been done but he will contact the department and see what he can do. Meant to call me back with an update but he didn't. Also on that day went Croydon but I was told that they can only help with premium services because postal applications are being held in Liverpool or Sheffield.
5th request (call center again): 15th August 2016
Called them yesterday (16th August 2016) but I was told that I have to wait 5 working days to make a new referral.

I've emailed (and faxed) complains department provided on their website but it takes 20 working days for them to reply. I've emailed yesterday my local MP but her office is closed until 5th September so I'm assuming she's on holiday. Called Parliament to see if any other MP can help but I was told that i have to wait for the local one.

I total I've been begging home office for my passport for nearly 8 weeks now. I still want to go out there if I get it so please let me know if there is anything else I can do!

LilyLalilu

Re: Documents return request - Help!

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 am

You probably have, but just checking that you completed this form when your documents did not arrive and not just a new request form each time? https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

The service seems to vary extremely - someone I know got their docs back in first-class signed for post after only a couple of days even though the request was not at all urgent...how the HO works is sadly a mystery :?
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Re: Documents return request - Help!

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:45 am

LilyLalilu wrote:You probably have, but just checking that you completed this form when your documents did not arrive and not just a new request form each time? https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

The service seems to vary extremely - someone I know got their docs back in first-class signed for post after only a couple of days even though the request was not at all urgent...how the HO works is sadly a mystery :?
Thank you but I did it twice as advised by the call center. Friend of mine got her decision and documents back within 3 weeks but that was before Brexit. That should never delay the process if that's the reason why they are so slow because I only want my passport back not the decision. I'm so upset that I don't know what to do anymore. I'm starting to think that they've lost it...