ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP refusal - my mistake - worth appeal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jchangaus
Newly Registered

HSMP refusal - my mistake - worth appeal?

Post by jchangaus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:28 pm

I missed the point in the guidance notes about not accepting Masters for the English requirement. I am wondering if it's worth the effort to appeal on the grounds of "common sense"? Since the combination of my nationality (Australian), Masters degree taught in English and existing UK experience would clearly demonstrate that I am fluent in English.

As I understand it, unless it was their oversight in the documentation that I provided, they are probably going to come about the same conclusion?

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Hiya,

Don't believe you stand a chance. But you may take a chance as long as you don't have to pay for it.

Cheers.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:03 pm

They will never work based on common sense.

They will work only based on rules which is given in caseworker guidance.

They also very well know that you should be fluent in english, but they cant do anything beyond the rules

You should re apply anyway

baskey

Re: HSMP refusal - my mistake - worth appeal?

Post by baskey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:26 pm

jchangaus wrote:I missed the point in the guidance notes about not accepting Masters for the English requirement. I am wondering if it's worth the effort to appeal on the grounds of "common sense"? Since the combination of my nationality (Australian), Masters degree taught in English and existing UK experience would clearly demonstrate that I am fluent in English.

As I understand it, unless it was their oversight in the documentation that I provided, they are probably going to come about the same conclusion?
I would say just appeal as its free and nothing you are going to loose.

Regds,

Baskey