ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new procedures by UKVI Sheffield for documents ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pti2323

new procedures by UKVI Sheffield for documents ???

Post by Pti2323 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:33 pm

hello all,

I sent my documents to Sheffield as priority settlement on 22/07/16. this was after i submitted my bio metrics at Islamabad, Pakistan on 18/07/16. One thing that i Knew was that on 15/07/16 they updated the address for the Sheffield where the docs needed to be submitted and thats the address i sent my docs to .

Now TWO very weird things have happened.

1- at Islamabad they did not take anythng off me other than my passports and biometrics. they even returned the printed online application form saying that we only needed to scan the barcode off it.

2- Sheffield returned the documents to my sponsor yesterday in the return envelope we sent - all the documents from A to Z that we sent. and that too only after a couple of days we sent it. it even has the application forms in it. but we could see that they have gone through the docs because it were flipped over.

Now could it mean that UKVI has changed the procedures a bit ? by scanning the docs maybe ??

I guess people applying after 18/07/16 could help me if the same has happened to them ???

aprboom

Re: new procedures by UKVI Sheffield for documents ???

Post by aprboom » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:09 am

Dear Pti22323,

Did you get to hear anything about your application. Please let me know

Kind regards
Pti2323 wrote:hello all,

I sent my documents to Sheffield as priority settlement on 22/07/16. this was after i submitted my bio metrics at Islamabad, Pakistan on 18/07/16. One thing that i Knew was that on 15/07/16 they updated the address for the Sheffield where the docs needed to be submitted and thats the address i sent my docs to .

1- at Islamabad they did not take anythng off me other than my passports and biometrics. they even returned the printed online application form saying that we only needed to scan the barcode off it.

2- Sheffield returned the documents to my sponsor yesterday in the return envelope we sent - all the documents from A to Z that we sent. and that too only after a couple of days we sent it. it even has the application forms in it. but we could see that they have gone through the docs because it were flipped over.

Now could it mean that UKVI has changed the procedures a bit ? by scanning the docs maybe ??

I guess people applying after 18/07/16 could help me if the same has happened to them ???

Mazz1903
Newly Registered

Post by Mazz1903 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 am

Hey! Same thing happened to me. Documents were received at Sheffield on 9/07/16 and i received them back on the 11/07/16. No letter included just all the documents including the application form & appendix. I did find some photocopies of the papers which I didn't send.

May be it is a new procedure of keeping copies of the documents and sending them back ?

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Mazz1903 wrote:Hey! Same thing happened to me. Documents were received at Sheffield on 9/07/16 and i received them back on the 11/07/16. No letter included just all the documents including the application form & appendix. I did find some photocopies of the papers which I didn't send.

May be it is a new procedure of keeping copies of the documents and sending them back ?
I contacted them via email, they now scan all documents for assessment. It's a normal process now, not sure if it's for Pakistan applications only or everyone else. I applied from Pakistan and so did all others who have their docs returned.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:25 pm

aprboom wrote:Dear Pti22323,

Kind regards
I will update when I receive the decision. I am currently on 20 working days from biometric date

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:52 am

I applied for my wife from pakistan and send all the supporting documents to Sheffield new address on 3/08/216 but didn't get anything back yet. BUT mine was standard application so assuming might get them back later as u guys did priority.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:56 am

Leo.Leo wrote:I applied for my wife from pakistan and send all the supporting documents to Sheffield new address on 3/08/216 but didn't get anything back yet. BUT mine was standard application so assuming might get them back later as u guys did priority.
That's the idea behind paying a higher fee for priority processing....the applications take precedence over 'Standard'. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mazz1903
Newly Registered

Post by Mazz1903 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:43 am

Leo.Leo wrote:I applied for my wife from pakistan and send all the supporting documents to Sheffield new address on 3/08/216 but didn't get anything back yet. BUT mine was standard application so assuming might get them back later as u guys did priority.

Mine was standard application too :? and my docs were back within 2 days. They didn't even have them for 48 hours lol

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Please do, thank you/
Pti2323 wrote:
aprboom wrote:Dear Pti22323,

Kind regards
I will update when I receive the decision. I am currently on 20 working days from biometric date

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 am

That's quite confusing for me now as it's almost 2 weeks I didn't get anything back from them neither any email saying they recived the documents.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Leo.Leo wrote:That's quite confusing for me now as it's almost 2 weeks I didn't get anything back from them neither any email saying they recived the documents.
That's very normal of the UKVI don't worry, it could be that the new scanning procedures are pilot ones and they only do it to random people, that's why it isn't updated on their website. But if u have the delivery confirmation of your docs to Sheffield then no need to worry at all and brace yourself for a long wait if you are a standard applicant

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:33 am

Got my documents back as well with a letter saying ur documents have been copied and that's why returning the documents back.

Hamza Amjad

Post by Hamza Amjad » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Pti2323 wrote:hello all,

I applied after 18 online application on 22 july and bio on 25 i haven't received any confirmation email that they have received docs or not , no documents back i tracked my application on 16 jul got rep on 18 july that my application have been processed and it should be with me in next few days.
1st Application : 30/03/2015
Application REFUSED : 18/06/2015
APPEAL SUBMIT : 06/07/2015
COURT DATE : 21/06/2016
2nd Application
Using Priority service
online application submit on 22/07/2016
biomatric on : 25/07/2016
VISA ISSUED ALLHAMDULLILAH :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:31 pm

The procedures have changed. For applications submitted in Pakistan, the documents are scanned in Sheffield and the original documents returned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamza Amjad

Post by Hamza Amjad » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Casa wrote:The procedures have changed. For applications submitted in Pakistan, the documents are scanned in Sheffield and the original documents returned.
i haven't received my documents bk from Sheffield and i submit my application from Pakistan after 18july
2nd Application
Using Priority service

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Hamza Amjad wrote:
Casa wrote:The procedures have changed. For applications submitted in Pakistan, the documents are scanned in Sheffield and the original documents returned.
i haven't received my documents bk from Sheffield and i submit my application from Pakistan after 18july
Don't worry as long as they have received your documents. The new procedure could be a pilot system or could be for random applicants - as no detailed update is given on UKVI website.

Btw an update is that I recieved my visa today. Priority application- visa approved after 26 working days from Biometric

Hamza Amjad

Post by Hamza Amjad » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:24 pm

@pti congratulation.

I tracked my application 1week ago they said its processed . Jus waiting for passport now.
2nd Application
Using Priority service