ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:42 pm

NMH2016 wrote:Yes, a deed poll and then reapply for the British passport. Happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
Thank you. Would i have any issues with my Life in the UK test being in my married name? Should i re-do with my maiden name?

THANK YOU AGAIN.. :)[/quote]
It shouldn't be an issue. What did you use as identification for LIUK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi all,

Any update from anyone still waiting since last year? I'm now 11 months plus in the process still no outcome.

Regards
Malik15

exmalaysian
Newly Registered

Post by exmalaysian » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm

malik15 wrote:Hi all,

Any update from anyone still waiting since last year? I'm now 11 months plus in the process still no outcome.

Regards
Malik15

Hi Malik,

I've not had any letters nor the money taken out of my account for the naturalisation yet but I got a text to say that they have received my passport application.

So I too am still waiting...

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 am

exmalaysian wrote:
malik15 wrote:Hi all,

Regards
Malik15

Hi Malik,

I've not had any letters nor the money taken out of my account for the naturalisation yet but I got a text to say that they have received my passport application.

So I too am still waiting...
How long have you been waiting?

NMH2016
Newly Registered

Post by NMH2016 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:34 am

CR001 wrote:
NMH2016 wrote:Yes, a deed poll and then reapply for the British passport. Happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
Thank you. Would i have any issues with my Life in the UK test being in my married name? Should i re-do with my maiden name?

THANK YOU AGAIN.. :)
It shouldn't be an issue. What did you use as identification for LIUK?[/quote]

I used my drivers licence which is in my married name.

Thank you

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi all
This is my first post. I am in process of completing AN form, and have a question about CCJ which is over 10 years ols, fully satisfied and basically non existent ( doesn't appear on my credit file nor on ccj register). My question is- do I really need to declare it? Surely UKBA will not be able to find it anywhere?

Just to say that when I did my PR 2 years ago, it completely slipped out of my mind and I ticked 'no' box when asked about any ccj's...

So they must have checked and not found anything? What if I declare it now, and did not declare it on my PR?
Are they able to compare my two applications?

Really worried, please help!

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi

Please I need help urgently I have applied for naturalisation on 25 April I've just found out I forgot to declare one of my job when I was student in 2008. I completely forgot about this job I only worked for 8 to 9 months part time 20 hours a week and I found payslips when going through my papers.

I want to find out will this cause any issue and should I declare this job now by sending them a letter and two payslips which I've found. Or shall I just wait for an outcome. This is the only job I had while I was on student visa for 6 years.

Also can I check with HMRC if they have details about this job because owner of that business was very doggy and I think he was taking tax from me but not paying in HMRC I never got any letter from HMRC or p60 when I resigned. This was the main reason I quit. He was also paying me cash but end of the month his accountant used to give me payslip.

Please help what should I do getting very worried.

Thanks

longhorn

Post by longhorn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi

Please I need help urgently I have applied for naturalisation on 25 April I've just found out I forgot to declare one of my job when I was student in 2008. I completely forgot about this job I only worked for 8 to 9 months part time 20 hours a week and I found payslips when going through my papers.

I want to find out will this cause any issue and should I declare this job now by sending them a letter and two payslips which I've found. Or shall I just wait for an outcome. This is the only job I had while I was on student visa for 6 years.

Also can I check with HMRC if they have details about this job because owner of that business was very doggy and I think he was taking tax from me but not paying in HMRC I never got any letter from HMRC or p60 when I resigned. This was the main reason I quit. He was also paying me cash but end of the month his accountant used to give me payslip.

Thanks
As you said that your employer was a bit dodgy, I think the first thing you need to do is to login to your personal tax account and see if your records show any NI contribution for those years. you can do it online now through this link https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account

It usually shows the NI contributions for the last 10 years. if your record shows NI contributions that means your employer was paying your taxes/ni etc. You should then also speak to HMRC and ask them to send you your employment history for as long as they have in their records. I am not sure whether they would still have 2008's record in their online system but its worth trying. If it shows in your record through your NI Contributions online or in your employment history, you should disclose it to HO mentioning that you forgot about it completely. I don't see it causing any problems as you were not breaching any immigration laws anyway.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi longhorn

Thanks for ur quick response I did call HMRC today but on their online system they can only go back till 2011. I will try login online and see.

Thanks
Ali
longhorn wrote:

Thanks
As you said that your employer was a bit dodgy, I think the first thing you need to do is to login to your personal tax account and see if your records show any NI contribution for those years. you can do it online now through this link https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account

It usually shows the NI contributions for the last 10 years. if your record shows NI contributions that means your employer was paying your taxes/ni etc. You should then also speak to HMRC and ask them to send you your employment history for as long as they have in their records. I am not sure whether they would still have 2008's record in their online system but its worth trying. If it shows in your record through your NI Contributions online or in your employment history, you should disclose it to HO mentioning that you forgot about it completely. I don't see it causing any problems as you were not breaching any immigration laws anyway.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Longhorn

I've just checked online it does show £598 NI contributions paid by employer. So u suggest I should declare that but honestly I can't remember exact dates I've joined and left but I'm sure it's was not more than 8 or 9 months.

Please if others can comment as well.

Thanks Ali

jalanson
Newly Registered

Post by jalanson » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker, second time poster (first was just in the naturalisation application section).

I got e-mail acknowledgement of my AN application on July 20 after applying for it on the 7th, but never recieved paper confirmation through the post, or a request for biometrics. As they took the money less than two weeks after I applied it's now been nearly a month and still no paper acknowledgment letter or biometrics request. I tried e-mailing the home office but have not received a response.

I'm slightly worried that this has been lost in the post. Am I freaking out unnecessarily or is there a way to get in touch with them for confirmation that the letter(s) were sent or ask for them to be re-sent. Would appreciate your feedback!

Thanks again,
Josh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:56 pm

jalanson wrote:Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker, second time poster (first was just in the naturalisation application section).

I got e-mail acknowledgement of my AN application on July 20 after applying for it on the 7th, but never recieved paper confirmation through the post, or a request for biometrics. As they took the money less than two weeks after I applied it's now been nearly a month and still no paper acknowledgment letter or biometrics request. I tried e-mailing the home office but have not received a response.

I'm slightly worried that this has been lost in the post. Am I freaking out unnecessarily or is there a way to get in touch with them for confirmation that the letter(s) were sent or ask for them to be re-sent. Would appreciate your feedback!

Thanks again,
Josh
Yes, you are. It can take a few weeks for biometric letter to come.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jalanson
Newly Registered

Post by jalanson » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
jalanson wrote:Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker, second time poster (first was just in the naturalisation application section).

Thanks again,
Josh
Fair enough, I will sit tight and wait!

jalanson
Newly Registered

Post by jalanson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:15 am

OK, so the Home Office told me that they sent a first biometrics letter on July 19 (approximately 12 days after my application) which I never received. They said on Monday, August 8 'Today a second letter - reminder letter was sent to you. This letter grants you a further 10 days to enrol your Biometrics.'

It's now Friday and I haven't received that letter yet. I also wrote back confirming my address. I know that once those further 10 days is up they cancel your application. Any thoughts on what I should do from here?
jalanson wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks again,
Josh
Fair enough, I will sit tight and wait!

raha333
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raha333 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

Sorry I ask this my question here, I couldn't find a relevant thread to ask, so please if you want to remove my question, you can remove it but answer my question first. Cheers.

My naturalisation application (JCAP) was successful. I also went to the citizenship ceremony and got my British citizenship document. The lady who checked naturalisation application said when I became citizen I just need to the passport office and let them know that I am a British citizen, they will post me my passport in a week .
My application was JCAP and money for the passport already has taken but I don't know which number should I call and what exactly should I tell the. Do I need to attend for the interview as well?
I would be grateful if you answer my questions then you can remove my question.

Thanks
Raha

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:22 am

You don't have to do anything. They will send you passport automatically HMPO will be informed by your council that you have attended cermony.
raha333 wrote:Hi,

Sorry I ask this my question here, I couldn't find a relevant thread to ask, so please if you want to remove my question, you can remove it but answer my question first. Cheers.

My naturalisation application (JCAP) was successful. I also went to the citizenship ceremony and got my British citizenship document. The lady who checked naturalisation application said when I became citizen I just need to the passport office and let them know that I am a British citizen, they will post me my passport in a week .
My application was JCAP and money for the passport already has taken but I don't know which number should I call and what exactly should I tell the. Do I need to attend for the interview as well?

Thanks
Raha

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hi

Any 10 year long residency applicant applied in April and still waiting. I've noticed from timelines Ho is taking more time to process 10 years application. I've applied 26 April and still waiting getting worried and flustrated

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 am

If we remove the question then noone else can benefit from the answer. In any case posts are not 'deleted'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

raha333
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raha333 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:49 am

That's a good news, Thanks!
Allesheikh wrote:You don't have to do anything. They will send you passport automatically HMPO will be informed by your council that you have attended cermony.
raha333 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Raha

liverpool1
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:34 am

Any 10 year long residency applicant applied in April and still waiting. I've noticed from timelines Ho is taking more time to process 10 years application. I've applied 26 April and still waiting getting worried and flustrated
Yeah same here, i have applied on the 26th of April based on 10 years residence and still waiting. I think they take more longer for the 10 years residence applications because all the manual checks they carry out for the last 10 years.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Still waiting fir decision - applied in August 2015!

I know other are waiting longer than me. Any update on applicants waiting since last year?

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi, I believe this is the topic, I'm looking for, please do remove if I'm not belong here.
My question is I have ILR refugee settlement visa. I can apply for British citzenship after 12 months time. My native country has granted me passport. If I visit my country will it affect my British citzenship application because I have been a past refugee applicant?

Please give me some advice!

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:21 am

@ Malik
i am still waiting since Nov 2015. requested complete SAR and received it today. all the applicaiton forms case worker notes etc.
1)Few places such as checks start dates and end dates and what kind of checks are being carried out are blacked out
2) I can see my file was allocated to the case work unit after 15th of december .also it says in a check box "exceptional case issues"
3) i was arrested once for domestic and was released without charge they have all the info however i never provided that .
everything else seems ok/

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:00 am

Brainy wrote:@ Malik
i am still waiting since Nov 2015. requested complete SAR and received it today. all the applicaiton forms case worker notes etc.
1)Few places such as checks start dates and end dates and what kind of checks are being carried out are blacked out
2) I can see my file was allocated to the case work unit after 15th of december .also it says in a check box "exceptional case issues"
3) i was arrested once for domestic and was released without charge they have all the info however i never provided that .
I think the ones blacked out are outstanding. How many are blacked out?

I don't mind them doing checks but can't understand why it takes that long.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:11 pm

malik15 wrote:
Brainy wrote:@ Malik
I think the ones blacked out are outstanding. How many are blacked out?

I don't mind them doing checks but can't understand why it takes that long.
@malik
It appears like this
Under special conditions sections
There r columns
Type Lodged date. Closed date
Auto pcn check. 24/08/14. 09/01/15
Blcked out Blacked out. Blacked out

There are altogether 7 checks and there dates are blacked out , however seems like two of those closing dates are neither blacked out nor mentioned hence the still ongoing ?