ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR APPLICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

EEA PR APPLICATION

Post by Jade78uk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:21 am

Good morning.

As stated in a previously post I applied on the 08082016 for my EEA PR, the fee of £65 was taken the 2 days after.

Have not had an email, letter or anything, does anyone know whats the procedure? When do I hear something, acknowledgement, return of dosc, decision etc anything ?

Thanks all so much!

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR APPLICATION

Post by Summertime76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:03 am

Jade78uk wrote:Good morning.

As stated in a previously post I applied on the 08082016 for my EEA PR, the fee of £65 was taken the 2 days after.

Have not had an email, letter or anything, does anyone know whats the procedure? When do I hear something, acknowledgement, return of dosc, decision etc anything ?

Thanks all so much!
Morning Jade78uk,

There isn’t much communication from HO with regards to submitted applications. At least you know they got your documents since the fee has been taken. You might get an email in around a month time (I did, but then there are few posts here stating they never received one) with a Case ID number, stating it could take up to 6 months to process the application. From what I read on this forum, EEA applications take anything from 100 to 120 days to complete. So you might just as well forget about it for the next few months and try enjoying your life while awaiting the outcome. There is also an option to request your passport back early if you need to travel.

My timeline:
EEA PR application (A8) national
Application posted: 02/07/2016
Documents received: 04/07/2016
Payment taken: 06/07/2016
Confirmation email: 04/08/2016
Passports requested: N/A
PR dated: waiting
PR received: waiting

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Post by Jade78uk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:07 am

Summertime76 - Wow it seems to take ages then.

I have submitted my passport and 5 years of:
Employment contract
Council tax
Bank statement
2 Photos

Shouldnt that be enough???

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Post by Jade78uk » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:28 am

Summertime76 - Wow it seems to take ages then.

I have submitted my passport and 5 years of:
Employment contract
Council tax
Bank statement
2 Photos

Shouldnt that be enough???

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Post by Summertime76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:52 am

It seems to be taking longer now than at this time last year, but no surprises here, as case workers are probably buried under an avalanche of pre/post referendum applications. Regarding the documents, I am sure if you followed the guidance notes on what is accepted as evidence of exercising your treaty rights/residence requirements, then it will all be fine. I read a post on this forum when an applicant was contacted by the HO requesting further information, so while not common practice, if missing a small detail they might opt to contact you rather than reject the application. That’s my hope anyway. But as I said before, there is no point in worrying about it. You should be getting yours just in time for Christmas.