ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI documnts query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anndeep

OCI documnts query

Post by Anndeep » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 pm

I did my senior secondary in 1995. Do I need a school leaving certificate dated 1995 or I can obtain one from my school now dated for this month? Will it then need to be attested by District Magistrate?

From where I can obtain a domicile certificate?

Anndeep

School leaving doc

Post by Anndeep » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 pm

I have my higher secondary and senior secondary certificates in original. The higher secondary certificate also gives my date of birth. Will they be ok for OCI application or do I still need school leaving certificate?

Anndeep

Re: School leaving doc

Post by Anndeep » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Please could you kindly assist me with a reply to my query on School leaving certificate and higher secondary original certificate. Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:12 pm

School leaving certificate is normally needed only if you do not have an Indian passport with date-of-birth or an Indian birth certificate. Do you not have those?
Anndeep wrote:The higher secondary certificate also gives my date of birth. Will they be ok for OCI application or do I still need school leaving certificate?
That should be sufficient.

Obtain a Domicile Certificate.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I don't have a birth certificate but have the original higher secondary school certificate with date of birth etc. Will that be ok?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:43 pm

HSC certificate and former Indian passport with date of birth should be sufficient. The latter is issued by the same government that issues OCI. They should recognise the validity of their own documents.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.