ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2. Late Police Registration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amhunter
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2. Late Police Registration

Post by Amhunter » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently found out that to switch from Tier 4 visa to Tier 2 skilled migrant I need to also provide my police registration certificate. I have genuinely didn't know about it and went to the police and registered (after 3 years of bachelors). The woman was kind and nice she just told me to be careful in future and she has also put a Late Registration Warning Stamp.

Did anyone have this situation before and will this late registration stamp affect much my chances of getting this Tier 2 visa?

Hope everyone has a good day and I would appreciate any information!

vinny

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2. Late Police Registratio

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:15 pm

You should be okay.

Police registration > People who failed to register > Page 16:
Once an applicant has complied with the requirement to register you can process the application as normal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Amhunter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Should have I enclosed it?

In the visa draft there was a question in the section Criminal and Civil Offences:
"Do you have any of the following, in the UK or different country:"
- a criminal conviction at any time
- a driving offence
- Arrested or charged
- a caution, reprimand or warning
- a court judgement
- a fine for breaching immigration law"

I asked my PWC solicitor and she said that it's not a criminal or civil offence so I should not enclose it (we have already submitted the application 3 weeks ago and enrolled biometrics), but after doing some research it just doesn't put my mind to rest.

khalidkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by khalidkhan123 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 am

Hello Amhunter,

its is a mandatory for some country national to register with police in the Uk. U have to enclose ur police registration certificate with Ur visa application document when u applying for ur visa . in for ur knowledge in application question section criminal and civil offences and police registration certificate both are different things.
best of luck.

Amhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Amhunter » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:13 am

I am sorry there was a typo , I meant "declare it on application question". Question still holds

kmf2016
Newly Registered

Post by kmf2016 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:39 am

Hi Amhunter,

I am in a similar situation as I am applying to extend my Tier 2 work visa and I have just realised that I should have registered my different addresses when I was at university and the details of my new permit, that I received 2 years ago, at the police station.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1394181

I was wondering how you progressed with your application? wether you noted this as a criminal offence and wether you provided a cover letter explaining your situation?

Many thanks,
Karim

Amhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Amhunter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm

kmf2016 wrote:Hi Amhunter,

I am in a similar situation as I am applying to extend my Tier 2 work visa and I have just realised that I should have registered my different addresses when I was at university and the details of my new permit, that I received 2 years ago, at the police station.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1394181

I was wondering how you progressed with your application? wether you noted this as a criminal offence and wether you provided a cover letter explaining your situation?

Many thanks,
Karim

Posting this because I was at a time I was super panicking and angry at those not updating their topics, maybe would save moderators some time answering those questions.

Got my visa approved, no complications, so don't even worry about it, as long as you updated police you are fine :)

Also I did not mention this warning anywhere, I have read the docs (Grounds of Refusal I think) and it says that warnings the application form is asking about are the same as cautions but given to people younger than 18. Therefore I think that Late Police Registration/Update Warning Stamp is a completely different thing.