ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS not covering dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ignacioeab
Newly Registered

CoS not covering dependant

Post by ignacioeab » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:56 am

Hi everyone. Fairly new here and with a lot of questions about how to go about the pbs dependant visa process. Ive read the guides and most of the threads here but i cant seem to find anything that relates to my situation.

My Certificate of Sponsorship doesnt cover my dependant (husband). We have the funds required to be eligible though, and seeing as I will be provided for for the first few months of my stay, we'll only need the £630. Although we also have £945 available, just in case.

My issue is with the accommodation requirement. I will have accommodation but my husband wont. It is near impossible that my husband will be entitled to stay in the same lodging i will be staying in. Will this be a problem? If so, will we need to book or secure an apartment before we apply for the visa together?

And if ever we do apply for the visa together without presenting a tenancy agreement, seeing as we are both just about to leave the Philippines to go to the UK for the first time, will this be a ground for refusal?

What should we do?

I would appreciate replies from our experts here. Thank you so much!

tckraju
United Kingdom

Re: CoS not covering dependant

Post by tckraju » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 pm

First of all, you need to be clear about where he is going to stay.

You said that
It is near impossible that my husband will be entitled to stay in the same lodging i will be staying in.
If this is the case, where is he going to stay? Hotel? Relatives? Do you have anything in mind?

Will this be a problem?
Of course, this will be a problem after all even you dont know where he is going to stay the first few days??

It is better you make up your mind first and then ask the forum if the place he is going to stay is acceptable/ what proof is required?

As you are entering the UK for the first time, I understand it would be very difficult for you to get a tenancy agreement. Hence you should at least know where he is going to stay till you get his accommodation sorted.

ignacioeab
Newly Registered

Re: CoS not covering dependant

Post by ignacioeab » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:13 am

tckraju wrote:First of all, you need to be clear about where he is going to stay.

You said that
It is near impossible that my husband will be entitled to stay in the same lodging i will be staying in.
If this is the case, where is he going to stay? Hotel? Relatives? Do you have anything in mind?

Will this be a problem?
Of course, this will be a problem after all even you dont know where he is going to stay the first few days??

It is better you make up your mind first and then ask the forum if the place he is going to stay is acceptable/ what proof is required?

As you are entering the UK for the first time, I understand it would be very difficult for you to get a tenancy agreement. Hence you should at least know where he is going to stay till you get his accommodation sorted.
Thank you tckraju! We do have a good friend in the uk who is willing to secure an apartment for us before we leave (we'll be transferring the required amount for the apartment to her account) but as i see it, that will be after the visa application.

Regarding this, would a letter explaining our situation suffice in lieu of the tenancy agreement?

If not, what should we do?