ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unmarried partner visa issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skchatterjee2006
Newly Registered

unmarried partner visa issue

Post by skchatterjee2006 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 pm

This is a case which I am trying to get my head around, & concerns an individual, called Mr X (anonymity). Facts of the case:-

1. Mr X (Indian passport holder) working in international company as a civil engineer in Dubai gets job in UK as a civil engineer with a work permit for 5 years.

2. Mr X arrives in UK 3 years ago. Before that he was living in Dubai.

3. Mr X is already married in India, has a child, but is NOT divorced, but has not kept any contact with wife/child for last 7 years.

4. Mr X is trying to get a divorce, but wife does not want to. Court appearances in India are being attended by Mr X, but his wife never attends, which prevents divorce.

5. Mr X thinks that his wife/child (aged 7ish) does not know the truth...which is:-

6. He is living in UK with another lady Y (for anonimity) as his unmarried partner. They have a child aged 1 year now.

7. Lady Y is aware that he is not divorced, but has got a child through him.

8. Lady Y is Indian Citizen, has come with him to UK from Dubai as well (on possible partner visa/dependent visa on work permit holder/marriage/spouse visa....GOD knows!!).

9. Lady Y claims to have a work permit...(highly impossible as Lady Y works as a PA...never heard of WP for PAs!)

10. Now lady Y & Mr X plan to stay in UK forever, but have lied to authorities (Mr X has not declared that he is married..believes in UK no-one can find out his marriage to an Indian in India! As Mr X believes that his wife/child in India do not know of his true activities (of incest !)

11. Lady Y is now trying to get married to Mr X so that she can get FLR in UK based as the dependent of the WP status of Mr X.

12. Above point 11 is a clue that lady Y does not have a WP based on a PA job. Also there is possibility that she was on a working holiday visa which she is trying to convert to spouse/WP/dependent on WP of Mr X/unmarried partner dependent on WP of Mr X/any other trick!!

My question:-

I believe Mr X is morally/ethically wrong (which most will agree). He has damaged the lives of 2 children (I bet he would end in prison as the law with find him in the end...you can run but you can't hide!)

hence:-

Do you think the UK authorities can ever find out about his present status as un-divorced but marrying in UK as he has never declared this?

Can lady Y get a dependent visa status on the WP of Mr X?

Can lady Y get a dependent visa as the spouse of Mr X (by showing a marriage in UK) which would be illegal?

Can lady Y get FLR/extension from WHV as unmarried partner of Mr X?

Unfortunately, Mr X is a relative of mine, & I am fighting a moral dilemma to write to the UK IND/HO about a possible criminal/moral offence, which I know shouild be declared...but then Mr X is finished...

Can any of you start to show me where things stand? I know the info still has gaps, but this is the best I know at present.

thanks in advance...

Morally plagued!!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Why is all this any of your business?
Legally there might be some issues, but ethically I don't think he has done anything wrong as he has tried to get a divorce.
Last edited by archigabe on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:02 pm

I'll wait till the rubbish comes out...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Im sure Bollywood will be all over this one :roll:

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: unmarried partner visa issue

Post by sakura » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:51 pm

skchatterjee2006 wrote:This is a case which I am trying to get my head around, & concerns an individual, called Mr X (anonymity). Facts of the case:-

1. Mr X (Indian passport holder) working in international company as a civil engineer in Dubai gets job in UK as a civil engineer with a work permit for 5 years.

2. Mr X arrives in UK 3 years ago. Before that he was living in Dubai.

3. Mr X is already married in India, has a child, but is NOT divorced, but has not kept any contact with wife/child for last 7 years.

4. Mr X is trying to get a divorce, but wife does not want to. Court appearances in India are being attended by Mr X, but his wife never attends, which prevents divorce.

5. Mr X thinks that his wife/child (aged 7ish) does not know the truth...which is:-

6. He is living in UK with another lady Y (for anonimity) as his unmarried partner. They have a child aged 1 year now.

7. Lady Y is aware that he is not divorced, but has got a child through him.

8. Lady Y is Indian Citizen, has come with him to UK from Dubai as well (on possible partner visa/dependent visa on work permit holder/marriage/spouse visa....GOD knows!!).

9. Lady Y claims to have a work permit...(highly impossible as Lady Y works as a PA...never heard of WP for PAs!)

10. Now lady Y & Mr X plan to stay in UK forever, but have lied to authorities (Mr X has not declared that he is married..believes in UK no-one can find out his marriage to an Indian in India! As Mr X believes that his wife/child in India do not know of his true activities (of incest !)

11. Lady Y is now trying to get married to Mr X so that she can get FLR in UK based as the dependent of the WP status of Mr X.

12. Above point 11 is a clue that lady Y does not have a WP based on a PA job. Also there is possibility that she was on a working holiday visa which she is trying to convert to spouse/WP/dependent on WP of Mr X/unmarried partner dependent on WP of Mr X/any other trick!!

My question:-

I believe Mr X is morally/ethically wrong (which most will agree). He has damaged the lives of 2 children (I bet he would end in prison as the law with find him in the end...you can run but you can't hide!)

hence:-

Do you think the UK authorities can ever find out about his present status as un-divorced but marrying in UK as he has never declared this?

Can lady Y get a dependent visa status on the WP of Mr X?

Can lady Y get a dependent visa as the spouse of Mr X (by showing a marriage in UK) which would be illegal?

Can lady Y get FLR/extension from WHV as unmarried partner of Mr X?

Unfortunately, Mr X is a relative of mine, & I am fighting a moral dilemma to write to the UK IND/HO about a possible criminal/moral offence, which I know shouild be declared...but then Mr X is finished...

Can any of you start to show me where things stand? I know the info still has gaps, but this is the best I know at present.

thanks in advance...

Morally plagued!!
Many people start new relationships before they are divorced...none of our business, really. If she is legally resident in the UK, then they can apply for an unmarried partner's visa if they qualify, even if he is still married - he just has to prove the marriage has permanently broken down and is in the process of divorce...if even that.

I don't see where 'incest' comes into all of this....

The HO don't care about moral offences...only criminal ones. Cheating or living with another woman has nothing to do with them.

As for marrying whilst married...I don't know about this one, since many cultures accept men having more than one wife, but the UK would only allow one spouse to enter the UK.

He hasn't done anything wrong if it's his wife that is dragging things along. They don't seem to be breaking or duping anyone....

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:41 am

skchatterjee2006 wrote:9. Lady Y claims to have a work permit...(highly impossible as Lady Y works as a PA...never heard of WP for PAs!)
You do not know that it is impossible. PAs can earn loads, £40k+ in some cases.
skchatterjee2006 wrote:12. Above point 11 is a clue that lady Y does not have a WP based on a PA job
They have a kid, she may want to work less, change job more easily, set up a business, get ILR more quickly....... You don't know why she wants to change her status in the UK.

You cannot marry in the UK while still married, but everyone gets the chance to object at a wedding, at least at all the ones I have been to (ie if anyone knows of any lawful reason why the marriage should not take place). If it means that much to you, and you really want to put the cat among the pigeons at a relative's wedding, fall out with them, possibly embarrass yourself or worse if you are wrong, maybe that would be the time to do it.

Otherwise, why do you think any Govt dept would be interested that you think they are morally/ethically wrong in their private lives?

Regards