ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent..Job title and SOC code can be different tier 2 gen..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reflection_ewu
Newly Registered

Urgent..Job title and SOC code can be different tier 2 gen..

Post by reflection_ewu » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 am

Hi There,

hope every one doing well. i am in a very bad situation. i am in Tier 2 gen with SOC code 3538 (Financial accounts managers), though it should be 3534 (financial analyst) according to my job title and description. Honestly say none of us didnt checked before. my visa is due to extension on 28th August, thus i have asked my sponsor to issue a COS, while they are doing the spotted the issue. now they wondering, are they can use correct SOC code 3534 instead of 3538, or if they use it does it affect on visa aplication? please advice, as the time is running out. your help will apprriciated in advance.

Thanks again.

tckraju
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent..Job title and SOC code can be different tier 2 g

Post by tckraju » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Looking at the descriptions between the SOC codes 3538 and 3534 they seem to be doing almost
the same kind of job tasks. And again there is a fine line how how you interpret the responsibilities. But the good thing is that the salary rates are much higher for 3534 (Salary rates: New entrant: £20,500* / Experienced: £26,100) when compared to 3538 (Salary rates: New entrant: £20,500* / Experienced: £24,700) and is it clear that you and your sponsor are not mis-using it.

There are 2 possible options:

Option 1: You continue with your old SOC code 3538 . Ask your employer if they are happy to stay with the same SOC code and job title extend your Tier-2.

Option 2: Your sponsor has to do RLMT and recruit you again and prove that there is no automatic selection and then issue you a COS with the new SOC code 3534 . Keeping in mind the timescales, I dont think this would be possible.

If I were you, I would ask my employer if they would be willing to continue with 3538. If they are happy to do it, just go with it and this will be straightforward.