ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm

ennatha EC vandhu....ennatha UK poyi...lol...free'a vidungappa... :P Am just worried about our Lion..what happ...did he get his Passport?

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi everyone

really really worried about a few things -

A) i realised that i think i have used the wrong VAF2 form - i applied on 28th dec - but i think the form changed 2-3 weeks before that - and the new one asks likely travel date. so i have not mentioned the likely travel date at all as per old application .
why did the vfs ppl not tell me that i have used a redundant form ???? :cry: - i guess mine would be put as a low priority case and processed accordingly bcos the plan to travel soon is not coming out clearly in the appln

B) only for some of us bhc are answering email as - we are in receipt of integra report and your appln is pending decision ; but for others the reply is your case is yet to be assessed and does not specify that integra is pending /complete. i am trying to read between the lines and fearing the worst about my ec right now

totally confused :shock: :?

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 pm

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:ennatha EC vandhu....ennatha UK poyi...lol...free'a vidungappa... :P Am just worried about our Lion..what happ...did he get his Passport?

well said venkatesh :cry:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 pm

ennatha EC vandhu....ennatha UK poyi...lol...free'a vidungappa... Am just worried about our Lion..what happ...did he get his Passport?
Err...what does it translate to??..I hope u r not abusing some one on the board in your native language..

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Vidya,
You need not worry about that i guess..The VFS guy would have asked you to change the form if the older one should not be used...and its their duty to check and get it..You need not worry at all and this is not a big issue i guess so...Keep cool.. 8)

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:46 pm

ashish...am not scolding..just saying there's no use of pondering about this EC ..and even if it comes now ,its of no immediate use..all my plans are upset as i thought of travelling on 25th..now i need to wait another month to get relieved from my current office..

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53 pm

ashish

i can vouch for that . It was just a funny way of saying that getting ec and going to uk seemed very far away at this point in time :)

how is the weather at staines this time of the year ...fairly pleasant is what i hear from sis most of the time.....

ec tension making me feverish and sick - hope all of you have a nice weekend - signing off now for the day.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Thats ok then...I assumed that it was a joke,but didnt want to take chance in this board...
Yes Vidya, weather is ok..it has been raining heavily lately ,reminds me of Bombay rains :) ...

Have been going through all fellow members postings, feel sad that it is really getting more difficult to get EC...I got EC on the same day (1 year back)..But yes, i had to go through a lot of hardship for my HSMP as rules were different,had to get reference letters from all previous employers for 11 years...

Well, wish all of u get youe EC soon ..Dont forget to bring some Dosa and indian food for me :)

Ashish

December31

My EC Timelines

Post by December31 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi,

Applied at VFS Bangalore: 31 December 2007
Integra Status: No Idea
Application Status: Appli. fwded to BHC on 31 December 2007

Only 12 working days are over. I guess I will have to wait 2 more weeks or 10 more working days.

Applied for me and my wife.VFS guy asked for Marriage Photo, which I could not give as I was not carrying one. Decided to go ahead with the application as I submitted Original Marriage Certificate. Does this affect my application as spouse name is not included in passports ? We have a joint account and our other bank statements show that we live at the same address.

December 31st Applicant.

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Just relax.. for some they dont even bother to reply to emails :)
It's just a week or two before we'll know!

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 pm

cant sleep cos of ec agony ...i keep thinkin of docs that i forgot to submit - and the amount of energy i will need to reapply :?: :?: :idea: :?:

wondering if stevemark has picked up his passport from blue dart in the evening .....

wondering if lion got any status update online today late evening .....

wondering who all will get the result by monday ...... thinking who is this caseworker who is going to decide my destiny ( for the next few yrs at least)

:shock:

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:16 pm

poi thoongunga pa..nothing is going to happen for 2 more days..probably the case worker is partying right at this moment having a happy weekend.

Have a good weekend.

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 am

HO samy gave the boon but BDHC poosari is holding it. Over the above stock market crash has took a toll on my liquid assets. Are the BDHC guys back from Alanganallur.

Jason

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:49 am

you too jason :)

will be checking for steve's update today afternoon 8)

winmano

Post by winmano » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:26 am

HI Vidya....

Did u sleep or not????
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:36 am

vidya wrote:you too jason :)

will be checking for steve's update today afternoon 8)

vanthuduchiya vanthuduchi....

Sorry for the late reply..had to call blue dart the whole day to get it delivered by yesterday evening around 6.45 and came home from office @around 2.30AM..got the ec stamped from 17-01-2008 for 2years.(My post dated request was not taken into consideration)

Thanks for this forum..and all the best for the people waiting in the queue. My suggestion to everyone to know the status of the application is sending mail to them when you cross 18 days..calling them wont help because in my case they said my application will be only processed in the 1st week of feb when I called them on 16-Jan but on 17-Jan they have issued my visa.

Planning to fly on Feb-25 by british airways from chennai.

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:05 am

Congrats Steve :)

chandra28
Newly Registered

Doubts in VAF form

Post by chandra28 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:01 am

Hi, I have some doubts while filling up the VAF form and would be grateful if any of you could assist me with the same .
Part 6 Employment
For Questions 6.1.3 ( Please give details of any job offers), Q 6.1.4 ( Please give details of all qualifications that are relevant to this type of work) Q 6.1.5 ( Please give details of all work experience relavent to this type of work)
Should we answer in the box provided itself or can we ask them to refer to a covering letter answering these questions in detail? Which is better ? For work experience can we ask them to refer to our Resume?

For questions on Current finances and employment
6.4.5 What is your work address?
Do we have to give the address of our company or our residential address from where we go to work?

Please help me with these doubts.

Thanks
Regards
Chandra

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:17 am

Hi,

Applied for EC on 19th Dec @ VFS, Hyd
Yesterday when I checked the status thru VFS Website it says
"Processed application delivered to BlueDart on 18-Jan-2008"

And SMS to 57333 says just "ok"

I am really tensed - What is the status of my application

Experienced ppl - Please advice

Thanks,
S

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:13 am

Vidya,

Well...I have used the VAF2-10Dec form...and I have totally missed filling up the likely travel date to UK..but mentioned in the covering letter. So, we are in the same boat :( And also I did not submit the previous years exp letters..I just submitted the letters corresponding to my current employment...[/list]

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:05 am

Congrats Steve !!!!

Really happy for you - all the best for a bright future :)

One request - please keep posting updates - it will really help others - like best agent for ticket booking , job search etc

also to keep in touch with you !!

mano , thanks for asking - yes , i did manage to sleep ; but my husband was telling today that i was mumbling about ec in my sleep also :roll:

when do you guys predict results for last week of december applicants :shock: :shock:

chandra , i saw your pm - i am not sure if i am the right person to give advice on filling VAF2 !! i have made so many errors in my ec application .
Just make sure that you give full verifiable evidence for all assertions in the form - funds + accomodation + potential jobs.

all the best

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:10 am

reincarnation , i have submitted previous work ex letters - because i did not submit cv - so i gave all previous employers letters

dont worry , it is not mandatory - the vfs person did not ask for it.

Looks like they would definetely process 3rd week of dec 's applications by next week ( steve was second week applicant) .

If we have luck , 4 th week also might start getting results next week . But i expect it to start only by week after next ?? :?: :?: :!: :shock:

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:12 am

Hey , i noticed shashkul 's post just now - so chennai BHC has started processing 3rd week of dec appln :!:

Lion , please pm me with your updates !! :idea:

shashkul , you will get the courier today. all the best - please do update us.

winmano

Post by winmano » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 am

HI Vidya....

shashkul is from hyderabad.....

As I said .....next week is going to be a party week.... as it already started from late friday..... But I still expect for me from Thursday....

we will see....... :roll:
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:45 am

hey great to know that...shaskul...u may receive your visa today i guess...hey i applied on 17th december..means have they started processing 3rd week cases!!! :oops: